Gaming Monster Hunter World

Grib

Yeah did a run myself last night, I'll be honest I found it a bit boring. Hopefully it's s tester for future ones and they'll improve them a bit

The rewards, not sure what to make, I got a R8 hbg and a few 6/7 other things with white sharpness, ones a ls but has absolute trash damage

Andersons Dietician

Yeah did a run myself last night, I'll be honest I found it a bit boring. Hopefully it's s tester for future ones and they'll improve them a bit

The rewards, not sure what to make, I got a R8 hbg and a few 6/7 other things with white sharpness, ones a ls but has absolute trash damage
Yeah I find it a little boring as well. That inferno blast thing he has that melts the floor is quite nasty if you get caught in an animation in front of him.
There is one cool thing about fighting him with the duel blades. If you line him up on a hill and start a slide there is a move that travels from head to tail or vice versa. It looks cool on him because he’s so large but you start at white sharpness and by the time it’s finished you’re on green.

The weapons are weird, I’m not sure how the hidden elements work. When it’s like ice but it’s shadowed, you waste a gem slot using elementless to bring that out? I got a few that look decent but i’ll Have to have a better look. Noticed some have very high elemental and lots of Augment slots tho.

Have you ever had any of the rarity 8 without breaking the horns?

Grib

I've only done one and we smashed the horns and got to reward rank 16

Unsure on hidden element s myself, from little things I've read it might be a case that hidden element weapons I. General have better raw than ordinary elemental ones so that's the trade off for having to use a gem, could be wrong

There's a spreadsheet floating around on reddit with all known event weapons so far

Andersons Dietician

I've only done one and we smashed the horns and got to reward rank 16

Unsure on hidden element s myself, from little things I've read it might be a case that hidden element weapons I. General have better raw than ordinary elemental ones so that's the trade off for having to use a gem, could be wrong

There's a spreadsheet floating around on reddit with all known event weapons so far
You might be right as I was just looking through some of the weapons I got and I got something which is rarity 7 called the Tarroth Daggers “Flash” (looks like you get blast,water,fire and so on versions of the same weapons) so it’s

Attack- 266
Affinity-0%
element- 210,thunder hidden.
+20 defence boost

The closest duel blade I have is the Monarchs which are the rarity 8’s off the Kirin tree

Attack- 224
Affinity 0%
Element 270 thunder

Both roughly the same sharpness levels. The Tarroth has 2 Augment slots and both don’t have any gem slots. The D-jo blades are like 306 and the Nergergante ones 295 but they are the two biggest hitting duel blades for comparison.

Gonna have a few more goes at it and see what drops, have quite a few Weapon so i’ll Need to sort through it all to see what I’m selling.

Grib

You might be right as I was just looking through some of the weapons I got and I got something which is rarity 7 called the Tarroth Daggers “Flash” (looks like you get blast,water,fire and so on versions of the same weapons) so it’s

Attack- 266
Affinity-0%
element- 210,thunder hidden.
+20 defence boost

The closest duel blade I have is the Monarchs which are the rarity 8’s off the Kirin tree

Attack- 224
Affinity 0%
Element 270 thunder

Both roughly the same sharpness levels. The Tarroth has 2 Augment slots and both don’t have any gem slots. The D-jo blades are like 306 and the Nergergante ones 295 but they are the two biggest hitting duel blades for comparison.

Gonna have a few more goes at it and see what drops, have quite a few Weapon so i’ll Need to sort through it all to see what I’m selling.
So I've given a few weapons a blast, I like that it gives you these weapons to try without having to waste time crafting, it's great

Have a R8 hammer can't mind the name but damn these things are op lol, I haven't looked up vids on hammers but it seems you just hit b or circle 5 times. It's also a lot quicker and more agile than I thought

Also got the water ice R8 hbg, was using it a bit yesterday, it may have reignited my use of bow guns, it can put out some big damage, has really good base atk. I don't think I'd solo much with it but in groups I'm going to use it more

Andersons Dietician

So I've given a few weapons a blast, I like that it gives you these weapons to try without having to waste time crafting, it's great

Have a R8 hammer can't mind the name but damn these things are op lol, I haven't looked up vids on hammers but it seems you just hit b or circle 5 times. It's also a lot quicker and more agile than I thought

Also got the water ice R8 hbg, was using it a bit yesterday, it may have reignited my use of bow guns, it can put out some big damage, has really good base atk. I don't think I'd solo much with it but in groups I'm going to use it more
Nice. I’ve not tried out the HBW yet, just LBW but I saw someone using it like a machine gun so that could be fun.

I’m trying my hand again with the greatsword. Just can’t quite get the hang of it. Keep over committing trying to DB with it.

I can’t really be bothered with Kulv Tarroth anymore. Obviously I like the duel blades but unless you bring him down it’s quite hard to hit his horns. So it can be quite frustrating trying to get the mount when the rest of your group are gash. It’s better with a IG in your team.

There is more new Armor coming out. Devil May Cry crossover with some sort of Dante Armor that looks decent.

Andersons Dietician

What the Fook!!! 57 secs? Warning boss spoilers.

That bow was doing some serious damage. I have that bow just haven’t given it a go yet.

Ever since the update to 3.0 the lag I’m suffering is severe. It’s horrible. It’s even just in the tradeyard and when you’re fighting it’s horrible. Is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited:

Grib

What the Fook!!! 57 secs? Warning boss spoilers.

That bow was doing some serious damage. I have that bow just haven’t given it a go yet.

Ever since the update to 3.0 the lag I’m suffering is severe. It’s horrible. It’s even just in the tradeyard and when you’re fighting it’s horrible. Is this happening to anyone else?
I've seen these speed kills impressive, but ultimately what have you left to do once your at that stage lol

I had some bad lag last night but I feel I connected with a group of American s so prob my own fault

Andersons Dietician

I've seen these speed kills impressive, but ultimately what have you left to do once your at that stage lol

I had some bad lag last night but I feel I connected with a group of American s so prob my own fault
This is very true. I was watching some sort of funny fails and stuff of MHW and some guy has taken to fighting Vaal Haazak blindfolded and is somehow winning. Has health regen on a LS or GS.

Away to go build an HBG to try it out. Looked up a video on it and it looks fun. Also found this funny cartoon series.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Really got into this game now, it's awesome. Took a liking to using the Switch Axe, so satisfying to use. I'm still in low rank though, I keep getting side tracked doing investigations for mats over and over.

Grib

This is very true. I was watching some sort of funny fails and stuff of MHW and some guy has taken to fighting Vaal Haazak blindfolded and is somehow winning. Has health regen on a LS or GS.

Away to go build an HBG to try it out. Looked up a video on it and it looks fun. Also found this funny cartoon series.

Ahahaha lethal

Andersons Dietician

Built an HBW and went and just started doing Low rank SOS’s with it. Diablos and the likes. Was kinda fun but doesn’t seem to do as much damage as I would hope. Might have to play around with my armour build as I just went mostly attack and crit but it was only really cringing at about 21 and it’s quite slow. The wyvern heart special attack is cool tho. Machine gun fire for a short period of time. Does decent damage with that.

Seems to work better in a group. Not sure i’d Like solo’ing with it.

Later started a session on Xeno as I needed parts and I think they might have nerfed him a bit as I could stand right in front of that mega blast and barely get a scratch. Not to mention last time I was trying this people kept dying left right and centre. No one fainted and it was only taking 15mins max.

Andersons Dietician

Really got into this game now, it's awesome. Took a liking to using the Switch Axe, so satisfying to use. I'm still in low rank though, I keep getting side tracked doing investigations for mats over and over.
Nice. I keep meaning to try the switch axe. I’m just going to do a heap of the sos calls and try out all these weapons. I have to keep going back and taking out Low Rank monsters for parts anyway as I keep crafting stuff. I thought all the early grinding would prevent this.

Ajanath defeated yet?

Grib

Built an HBW and went and just started doing Low rank SOS’s with it. Diablos and the likes. Was kinda fun but doesn’t seem to do as much damage as I would hope. Might have to play around with my armour build as I just went mostly attack and crit but it was only really cringing at about 21 and it’s quite slow. The wyvern heart special attack is cool tho. Machine gun fire for a short period of time. Does decent damage with that.

Seems to work better in a group. Not sure i’d Like solo’ing with it.

Later started a session on Xeno as I needed parts and I think they might have nerfed him a bit as I could stand right in front of that mega blast and barely get a scratch. Not to mention last time I was trying this people kept dying left right and centre. No one fainted and it was only taking 15mins max.
I duno what the best ones are but try one with l3 normal, pierce and spread

The one I've got from TK only holds three rounds but the n3 hits for 50 or so, the spread does like 10x17dmg also if you haven't used the wyvren ammo ...!

I've been playing with hammer there, it's crazy fun and easy, just decimated a tempered Vaal in no time @KirkDuyt you said you had started with the hammer?

Starting to pick up some decent gems, got a vitality one so with food I now get 165 max hp *drool*

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Nice. I keep meaning to try the switch axe. I’m just going to do a heap of the sos calls and try out all these weapons. I have to keep going back and taking out Low Rank monsters for parts anyway as I keep crafting stuff. I thought all the early grinding would prevent this.

Ajanath defeated yet?
Yep, I'm at Coral Highlands now just killed the Paolumu, did tons of bounties and other side stuff though, so I'm a bit overpowered for the story stuff. Going to try and get some of that done now.

Switch Axe is awesome especially the amped up elemental discharge, just looks so cool :)

@Grib
Yea, I use the hammer a lot, stunning a monster with a smash to the head then doing O, O, O, O, O on it never gets old :) The jumping attack when sliding of a slope is crazy as well. Switched to the Switch Axe lately though. I like the versatility of it more. Also tried the charge blade, but that's a bit awkward so far, but that's mostly because I havent gotten the hang of it so far.

Andersons Dietician

I duno what the best ones are but try one with l3 normal, pierce and spread

The one I've got from TK only holds three rounds but the n3 hits for 50 or so, the spread does like 10x17dmg also if you haven't used the wyvren ammo ...!

I've been playing with hammer there, it's crazy fun and easy, just decimated a tempered Vaal in no time @KirkDuyt you said you had started with the hammer?

Starting to pick up some decent gems, got a vitality one so with food I now get 165 max hp *drool*
I built one from the Legiana tree as it had decent power but also had no deviation. It’s a shame that every Devil-Jo weapon has such crap affinity as they are the most powerful weapons I might build it or the Xeno HBW and then play about with the armour. I was using piercing and shredder ammo. I think lvl2. That Wyvern blast is awesome and I have cluster ammo which is ok. So much fooking about with the HBW, LB and even B just working out what ammo you like best. Smashing a Diablo in the face with the melee is awesome fun.

Ahhh Viatality gems. I don’t leave the camp without 3 of them in now. Apart from tempered devil-jo you can just tank everything :lol: they make a massive difference as you don’t really have to worry about being one shotted. Although I took a 3 hit combo from a tempered Azure the other day. Blasted me into lava, where I was stunned, on fire and life force just ebbing away. Then smashed me for good measure.

Hammer sounds cool also smashing tempered Vaal nice!! You’ll really start to rack up the gemstones with tempered investigations. Hopefully you’ll get some hero streamstones soon as well.

@KirkDuyt thats kinda why I want it as the discharges look awesome. I got a lvl 8 proto axe from KT which i’m Sure has a discharge as well so I’m going to give that a go. So so many weapons to try.

Also I happened to reboot the game yesterday and noticed I’ve played 410hrs :houllier: HR110 now I might put myself on a detox and actually do some work today :lol: sure the grass needs cut.

Andersons Dietician

Wow, I'm hunter rank, uhm, 8? :p
Once you finish the main story you do like 2 missions and that is an HR rank. So soon enough you’ll catch up.

I noticed a flaw in my plan to detox MHW. Until 10 am tomorrow i’m Dodging Infinity war spoilers like it’s a Girros paralysis spit and what better way to avoid social media and the likes than immersing myself in MHW:smirk:

Grib

Yeah hunter rank is easier to come by later in the game, it's also capped early on but you still gain it in the background

Got my first augument unlock, unfortunately for GS which I'm not really using atm

Andersons Dietician

Yeah hunter rank is easier to come by later in the game, it's also capped early on but you still gain it in the background

Got my first augument unlock, unfortunately for GS which I'm not really using atm
That didn’t take you long I must have killed about 60 tempered elders before I saw one.

I started playing with hammer yesterday. It’s fun, good for breaking parts. I’m not sure if I do as much damage as I do with the collective adding up of the duel blades but I was using a non elemental hammer but feck is it satisfying landing it on the face of a monster. Learnt a few combos yesterday as well.

There is some other charge which I’m not sure what it does. Like if you’re charging then hit the red button it goes in to power charge and the hammer flashes for a minute or so.

Grib

Rng is always kind to me,in destiny I had 3 galljahorn, I play a mobile game with a 0.5% chance of pulling a natural five star unit I'm way above that rate on pulls etc

Yeah the dash combo I think you can add a finisher I need to actually look up a guide on the moveset.

I'm thinking of maybe trying to put ear plugs into a hammer build for more carnage, three Vaal bits then need two bits with slots and relevant skills

I have a charm and two plug gems but it's a level 2 and 3 so need some thing quite specific I guess

Andersons Dietician

Rng is always kind to me,in destiny I had 3 galljahorn, I play a mobile game with a 0.5% chance of pulling a natural five star unit I'm way above that rate on pulls etc

Yeah the dash combo I think you can add a finisher I need to actually look up a guide on the moveset.

I'm thinking of maybe trying to put ear plugs into a hammer build for more carnage, three Vaal bits then need two bits with slots and relevant skills

I have a charm and two plug gems but it's a level 2 and 3 so need some thing quite specific I guess
Yeah when you’re doing the huge massive tornado like attack on the 4th swing if you push triangle or yellow button you’ll go in to a golf swing which does huge damage but you also don’t have the animation delay at the end of that move.

I have a no roar BS build I use which just has the Bazel helm and coil and some gems to bring it to max. I think they have earplug 2 for both those. I don’t really know of any equipment which has those skill points. Problem after that is to get the 3 piece Vaal hazaak recovery you’ll need to use the trousers which are pretty lame. I only use those for fighting Vaal.

The new Dante armour got released today. You have to fight Ajnath,ODG, Rathalos then to finish Teostra. Probably have to do that mission a few times as well to get the parts. Trousers have weakness exploit 2 so at least now can change headgear from that dragon eye patch.

Grib

The quest seems fairly easy done it once with a group but the waiting between kills is tedious!

I'll smash it out Sunday maybe when I'm hungover

So I just spent a while looking at armour combos to get my ear plugs 5, I can do it with bezel goose beta helm or belt and charm, leaves me free to take any 3/4 other vaal bits (must include chest) and anything else

Too much looking and not enough doing! Damn you choice

Andersons Dietician

The quest seems fairly easy done it once with a group but the waiting between kills is tedious!

I'll smash it out Sunday maybe when I'm hungover

So I just spent a while looking at armour combos to get my ear plugs 5, I can do it with bezel goose beta helm or belt and charm, leaves me free to take any 3/4 other vaal bits (must include chest) and anything else

Too much looking and not enough doing! Damn you choice
That is true, I don’t know why I never thought of using the charm. Probably needed a Bazel gem and I just can’t be arsed farming him for it:lol:
Do you have a recovery gem? Or you going to use some other part to get the recovery speed up to 3? My regen set currently is
Dragon king eye patch
Vaal gloves
Vaal chest
Vaal coil
I use the Death Stench boots for the handicraft.
I could use the Bazel helm and a earplug charm then replace the Death stench boots with the Dante boots. I actually might try that. I do like the peak performance skill tho as you spend so much time at full health it’s pretty much always active. Fooking game, so much tinkering to be done.
Haven’t had a chance to try that quest but maybe later when I’m pissed, might be funny.

Grib

I'm getting it from charm ATM but will change to get it fromvaal kit, it's a testora gem you need and mystic horns before that for the ear plug charm so hoping to pick the gem up from the event

Andersons Dietician

I'm getting it from charm ATM but will change to get it fromvaal kit, it's a testora gem you need and mystic horns before that for the ear plug charm so hoping to pick the gem up from the event
I did a few of the event last night and I crafted lvl 2 earcharms. Lvl 3 does require a Teostra gem and I did get one in the event. It’s needed for the Dante trousers, but I have a few gold prints to make another.

Problem I have is I don’t have Teostra wing webbing to make the trousers,kept trying to break his wings last night but just couldn’t get them to. So that will be the mission for the weekend and adding part breaker somewhere.

Andersons Dietician

It’s done and it’s almost awesome.

Bazel helm
Vaal chest
Vaal arms
Vaal coil (b) I had the (a) version before because I wanted the effluvia res for fighting Vaal.
Dante trousers
Earplug charm lvl 3

Need to get gleaming stones to augment some parts as my defence is down from previous.
If I had more attack gems i’d Put them in the set but they seem rare as Fook and I only have 1.

Grib

Sweet, I didn't get on much and when I do it's do one of that Dante quest, get bored and go offline haha

Only need one more gem though

Was watching some hammer stuff, you can put the hammer in a charged state by hitting b/circle with rt. It gives you a damage boost to all hits and I think it stops your combos being interrupted, lasts until you sheath or get hit by friend or foe outside of a combo

Andersons Dietician

Sweet, I didn't get on much and when I do it's do one of that Dante quest, get bored and go offline haha

Only need one more gem though

Was watching some hammer stuff, you can put the hammer in a charged state by hitting b/circle with rt. It gives you a damage boost to all hits and I think it stops your combos being interrupted, lasts until you sheath or get hit by friend or foe outside of a combo
Ah that’s what it does, makes sense now.

Have you noticed that things like Legiana, Rathalos and that seem to now spend more time in the air? Flashing doesn’t seem to work as well either. Spent ages chasing a Legiana about the other day as I couldn’t reach it with my blades and flashing didn’t seem to work.

I still suck massively with the Glaive I found out tho.

Grib

Can't say I've noticed. The flash pod nerf was only for tempered ed afaik, though I've seen some mention that they need to be aimed in the monsters eye line (I don't know if this was always the case)

Andersons Dietician

Can't say I've noticed. The flash pod nerf was only for tempered ed afaik, though I've seen some mention that they need to be aimed in the monsters eye line (I don't know if this was always the case)
That could be true. They’ve maybe adjusted the flashing a bit as well so that it needs to be more accurate. You could sort of get away with it just being in front of them before however yesterday I swear I was basically getting it infront of their faces and they weren’t dropping.

Going Azure hunting later so will see what happens there.

Andersons Dietician

@Grib I got this hammer from KT which has a sleep on it and it’s fooking awesome. Pretty much spend all my time in that spiny attack until they are down.

Although it has made me hate duel bladers(the pricks) knock a monster down for the count and then they swipe it with a tiny hit. Not to mention that when you’re trying to load up the Big Bang attack or anything really those whirlwind fookers keep knocking you out of it and making you flinch. Taken to just hitting the fookers with that double charge uppercut to send them flying out my way.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Does this get better from where it starts? I'm only 4 hours in but I feel like I made the wrong purchase.

Andersons Dietician

That's disappointing, from reviews I thought this would be amazing. :(
If you look back to like the very first page my review was kind of similar but now I love it. It does get better the further you go in to the game. The enjoyment of combat gets better once you have better armour and weapons as there is more you can do to monsters so you can start to have fun. It is a grind however.
What weapon you using?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Apart from this page every darn post here is a thesis. But it's that people are so passionate about this game.

It's interesting how every review about this games mock the Dark Souls comparison without telling you how it's actual different.

Grib

I mean it only get
That's disappointing, from reviews I thought this would be amazing. :(
The game is a grind that's what it's about, the story is meh and ends when the real game begins

It's a good game stick with it and see how it goes just don't be expecting any deep award winning narrative