Television Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (on Netflix)

Sara125

Really is crazy how shit the police are too
This is one of the most important things to take from this. A lot of time people think that these serial killers are some one of a kind masterminds when, really, the police were highly incompetent. Ted Bundy is another case where there were multiple times he was practically handed on a plate to the police yet they failed to act.

arnie_ni

White privilege at its best. Guess because the neighbor was black they didn't pay too much attention to her concerns. They then get rewarded as if they were the victims. That really irked me. They could have saved so many lives if they had just listened.
I actually have a slightly different opinion on it. If the drunk underage looking partner was a female they'd have looked into it more i think. I reckon it was cause they were gay

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I actually have a slightly different opinion on it. If the drunk underage looking partner was a female they'd have looked into it more i think. I reckon it was cause they were gay
That too. It was just so sad. The Tony story affected me the most. He was such a good person.
The neighbor made so many calls too but because it was a predominantly black neighborhood they never showed up to check.

SirAF

Ageist
Watched the first episode yesterday evening, the lead actor is creepy as feck. Excellent performance thus far.

wr8_utd

:'(
Three episodes in and this is disturbingly brilliant. Also, the end of the second episode where they play the tapes leaves you absolutely furious.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Four episodes in. It’s really well made and acted, but I’m finding it really uncomfortable viewing and not sure how I’ll sit through another half dozen or so murders along these lines. Although obviously I will.

Also Please Don’t Go will never be the same for me.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
White privilege at its best. Guess because the neighbor was black they didn't pay too much attention to her concerns. They then get rewarded as if they were the victims. That really irked me. They could have saved so many lives if they had just listened.
Indeed. It’s a part of that horrific case that’s been generally overlooked for too long.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Just to echo the praise for the show again. Really well cast and acted.

I'm on episode 4 and can't wait to continue watching it. Agree also about not needing to add made up shit to it. Why not just reduce the number of episodes if you don't have enough material for ten?

The police clearly did make errors and showed biases about race and sexuality, but I would also say that an additional factor is the amount of crazy they see on a daily basis. That could have been the 25th 'domestic' incident they had attended that day and they were fatigued too and just wanted to go home.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Jesus that scene with the sandwich is brilliant. Pure hitchcockian.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This is excellent but at times so difficult and disturbing to watch. Guy truly was a monster.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
For some reason I can only view about twenty to thirty minutes of this show at any sitting, any more than that I get a little creeped out. It’s reminiscent of ‘Don’t feck with Cats’ in this regard.
Maybe you should stay out of this thread then until you've finished it..slow poke. :p

Tarrou

the acting performance from the lead is exceptional

every episode has scared the crap outta me so far, it just feels so real

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Peters definitely has put himself in Golden Globe contention with that performance. My god he made me feel uncomfortable watching it, which is the exact feeling you should get.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I haven't watched this yet.

I just remember I was banned from sleepovers growing up (in the 90s) because "what if they kill you and put you in their deep freezer like Dahmer? What then?"

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I haven't watched this yet.

I just remember I was banned from sleepovers growing up (in the 90s) because "what if they kill you and put you in their deep freezer like Dahmer? What then?"
Then you’d wake up dead, duh.

wr8_utd

Just Starting the deaf guy episode. This is going to be an awful one, isn't it? Already feels heartbreaking.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
One of netflix's biggest hits ever in terms of viewership numbers.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Pop culture and some instances of real life have trained us to think serial killers are driven, meticulous etc. and I don't know how much of this is dramatised, presumably a lot, but he seems like a fecking idiot. Albeit an evil fecking idiot. Astonishing how he got away with as much as he did.

Like the smell of rotting flesh in the basement; "Eh, yeah. Dead raccoon. Can't get to it. The smell will go away." It makes the people around him who are unknowingly complicit look idiotic and never mind the police who seem to be doing feck all about all these missing men but given the victims are gay men and gay minorities in that time period, that isn't surprising.

sallycinnamin

They're definitely gonna do Gacy
Did say this earlier in the thread it's inevitable. Only started the ' tapes' last night. As regards Dahmer one of the best out of Netflix in quite some time. The final episode has me thinking that Gacy will be a Netflix series soon.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Peters definitely has put himself in Golden Globe contention with that performance. My god he made me feel uncomfortable watching it, which is the exact feeling you should get.
Makes you wonder how this has all affected him. He had to study this monster inside out and become him to give that performance. That could mentally feck any person up.

SirAF

Ageist
Makes you wonder how this has all affected him. He had to study this monster inside out and become him to give that performance. That could mentally feck any person up.
Absolutely. Like I said earlier, he’s creepy as feck! I almost don’t want to watch more, but I have to finish it :lol:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Totally, it can do a lot of damage to the psyche, especially when they envelope themselves into the mind of someone so fecked up.

wr8_utd

The sandwich episode is brilliant. The final scene with Glemda having to hear everything going on... Jesus.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Pretty good soundtrack in the show.

Just found out that Shari is played by Molly Ringwald.