More racist abuse towards a player (this time Ukraine)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sent off? That's laughable. Referee should have picked the ball up himself, put the away fans in his report and asked Taison if he was ok to continue. Not send him off ffs.

Half surprised he didn't drop the ref. I would have been very tempted.

People want to know why racism is still alive and well...here it is.

Raw

Disgraceful. Makes me sick that those racist idiots will probably face no repercussions.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
There's more chance of UEFA fining duffer.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Just saw this on Twitter. It’s fecking disgraceful. It’s what you’d expect from the thick, wired up little scumbags that seem to be the only type of football fan bothering to turn up to games in that part of the world - but the fact the referee actually sent Taison off after seeing and hearing it himself is what makes my blood boil. feck UEFA and feck FIFA. When will they take this seriously?

Sterling Archer

If you expect better from that part of the world, dare I say ya got some traveling to do. Not an excuse but shouldn't be a surprise.

How would I go about changing it? Eradicate racism and bigotry in the Western world and make them look and feel like back asswards buffoons. Unfortunately with nationalism and racism thriving in public in the so called progressive nations, it's a bit embarrassing and probably time to focus inward on change to better the message we send by example to these other nations.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can’t believe he got sent off. Unbelievable.

RUCK4444

How are UEFA and FIFA not crawling up their own arses with shame at the pitiful ‘penalties’ they impose.

They will probably fine the club 50k and sweep it under the carpet again.

Absolute joke, just make the clubs play behind closed doors.

Three strike rule, after the third the stadium doesn’t let fans in for an entire season.

They should then help subsidise the clubs for their loss of match day revenue to stop clubs going under, if they are not willing to do that under their watch then these nations should not be allowed to take part in anything under FIFA / UEFA umbrella.

diarm

It's an absolute piss take.

There are countries in Europe who are actively avoiding their responsibility to eradicate this sort of behaviour. The referee and by extension, the footballing authority of Ukraine has explicitly condoned racism by allowing the player to be sent off here and until they start taking their roles in this seriously, Ukrainian sides should be removed from European club and international competition.

Fines and stadium bans don't work. A message needs to be sent to these neanderthals that the rest of the world isn't interested in playing in any competition that includes racists.

arthurka

Until the authorities start doing something drastic regarding these terrible incidents no changes will come. I am furious after seeing this, that ref needs to do one. Sometimes I really hate us as a species.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How would I go about changing it? Eradicate racism and bigotry in the Western world and make them look and feel like back asswards buffoons. Unfortunately with nationalism and racism thriving in public in the so called progressive nations, it's a bit embarrassing and probably time to focus inward on change to better the message we send by example to these other nations.
Yeah we were on our way there but they've been empowered so much lately.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Even in countries like Portugal (where I live) where things change very slowly, we managed to reduce a lot of inappropriate racist behavior in the stadiums, but usually that behavior was mainly the ultras doing gorilla like sounds whenever an opposition black player would pick the ball to make him loose focus. Nowadays it is very rare for that to happen (at least on professional divisions), and when it does it goes straight to the news.

About verbal racism between players: is always going to be a tough battle. It will always going to be a "he allegedly said" type of case, which leaves most of FA's without much legal base to prosecute the offending players, unless by some luck it gets registered by tv transmission mics, the ref ears it and includes it on his match report or the prosecuted player is man enough to admit his flaw.

Cait Sith

Most of the world bar a few central and northern European countries still having values from 100 years ago shocker.

Humans are still Neanderthals. Neanderthals with electricity, smartphones and Internet. Not surprising.

Alabaster Codify7

The battle on racism thing is nothing but lip service and token gestures from a governing body that wants to be seen as modern and understanding but in reality, has absolutely no interest in fighting.

The fines tlel the whole story, as does the refusal to change the rules to allow players to fight racism by leaving the field.