5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackXX

Was signed to be the engine of our midfield but was a total passenger.

eggwithsideburns

He often just hides in front of the defence and plays a simple or bad pass. When we really need him to dig us out he hides and that is what is disappointing about him. We don't want players like that in our engine, we want leaders and winners.

MAME DIOUF 32

He often just hides in front of the defence and plays a simple or bad pass. When we really need him to dig us out he hides and that is what is disappointing about him. We don't want players like that in our engine, we want leaders and winners.
Agree.

He stands in decent positions then lets players run all around him. He plays the simple pass and very little else. He offers nothing in attack at all.

I can't believe how little effort he shows. We've had plenty of crap players but I can't think of many others who just didn't try.

superdry

touched by a genius
He's a wet lettuce of a player......pure lack lustre waste of a shirt!

izec

Does he ever show up? Useless, wtf is the purpose of him. Hope we sell him and regain some of our money back. Absolute disgrace. Once they make the move to United, they give up doing anything of note. Players like him make me sick.

Sylar

Just couldnt handle any pressure. As a season its been poor, but I still think he needs another season for us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looks so different to the player he was at Southampton.

Though I will still happily take this opportunity to remind @RooneyLegend that he said Schneiderlin was at worst Roy Keane's equal on the ball. :)

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
A box to box midfielder most people say he is.

He has feck all goal and assists in his time in the PL. How the hell could be play box-to box for a team trying to get into the top4 or even challenge?

The United

His passing rivals smalling's.....................for being the worst in the squad.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Easily the biggest disappointment of the summer signings - Memphis can be given some slack as he's new to the league and still young, but Schneiderlin hasn't got that in mitigation; no excuse in my view for this level of performance.

Bwuk

A box to box midfielder most people say he is.

He has feck all goal and assists in his time in the PL. How the hell could be play box-to box for a team trying to get into the top4 or even challenge?
Kante doesn't get many goals or assists and he was the leagues best midfielder by miles.

Him and Morgan are similar styles of player.

3KDré

Kante doesn't get many goals or assists and he was the leagues best midfielder by miles.

Him and Morgan are similar styles of player.
They might be, but Morgan isn't too great with the ball actually at feet. Kante can dribble his way forward and drive the team whereas Schneiderlin usually passes a really inaccurate ball up to no one.

Vilev

He was never going to be a box to box player, he simply lacks any attacking skills, he can't pass, i mean creative passes, not his usual Bastian-like squares or side ones. He can't dribble or carry the ball, his shooting is below average. He is a big, strong guy but even his aerial presence is minimal.
Sure once in a while he can do something useful. But the real problem is that even as a strictly defensive midfielder he sucks. He is very dirty, he gives away more fouls than anybody else bar Fellaini who gets penalized much for aerials. He is too slow and is very bad at covering.

How is it that we spent 25m on such an average player is beyond me. And how some people thought he is actually a sort of prize a good deal by Woody is even more baffling. Instead of proper players like Nainggolan, Vidal etc we bought this fella with fading Schweinsteiger who was always going to be an injured flop.
What we need to do going forward is buy a proper and a good CB for a LCB spot and play Blind at his preferred position as a CM, DM. The guy can score and assist as well.

Red Stone

Lower average rating than Blind for today's game. That shouldn't be humanly possible. A dog backing out a fudge brownie on the sideline would've been rated higher than Blind today.

Vilev

Him and Morgan are similar styles of player
There are not. Kante is much closer to Makelele type of player. He is very agile, way more than Morgan is, he can cover way more ground, because he is quicker and smaller he is much better in 50-50 on the ground when people try to dribble through.

But the most striking thing is, that Kante actually way better with the ball, like miles ahead, Morgan looks like a championship player in comparison. Kante dows not score because L City plays like really direct, really fast stuff, he basically just can't be in goal-scoring position. But i've watched him in France national game, in which he scored actually, against Russia and yes it was friendly, but his skills in attack were quite good. And if you re-watch Leicester goals, you see that a lot of them maybe a third started with Kante either dribbling through some people or finding his way out of tight spot with the ball, or playing a clever pass that created a space for his teammates. Morgan just can't do that.

Acole9

Outstanding
He can't pass, can't tackle and goes into hiding in most games. I had my concerns about signing him in the summer total waste of money.

Walters_19_MuFc

Like I said before, if we're going to play a 4141, then Schneiderlin isn't the guy to play in front of the back four, especially given our style of play.

In a 4231; however - which is what Van Gaal initially played, then providing he's next to someone who can get on the ball, then he's not too bad. That said, he was at his best as a box to box midfield, with Wanyama holding at Southampton.

Born2Lose

N'Kante (This season) versus Schneiderlin (Last season) (Per 90 minutes Played)

Chances Created (K) 0.89 - 0.82 (S)

Goals Scored (K)0.03 - 0.16 (S)

Tackles Won (K) 3.59 - 3.25 (S)

Aerial Duels Won (K) 39.36% - 45.26% (S)

Successful Take Ons (K) 58.23% - 72.23% (S)

Pass completion (K) 82% - 89% (S)

Such small margins, yet one's the best thing since sliced bread and the other a waste of money.

Poor game tonight, but this guy is one player whose season has been messed up by LVG's tinkering in my opinion. I'll hold judgement for another season, hopefully under a better manager.

Winrar

as disappointed I am with schneiderlin so far I'm willing to hold off on my judgment until someone other than LVG has the chance to make him work.

bucky

Chances Created (K) 0.89 - 0.82 (S)

Goals Scored (K)0.03 - 0.16 (S)

Tackles Won (K) 3.59 - 3.25 (S)

Aerial Duels Won (K) 39.36% - 45.26% (S)

Successful Take Ons (K) 58.23% - 72.23% (S)

Pass completion (K) 82% - 89% (S)

Such small margins, yet one's the best thing since sliced bread and the other a waste of money.

Poor game tonight, but this guy is one player whose season has been messed up by LVG's tinkering in my opinion. I'll hold judgement for another season, hopefully under a better manager.
Rather compare Schneiderlin with Schneiderlin. Kante's aerial duel stats aren't fair.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...tal_duels_%/fouls_committed/interceptions#avg

Vilev

In a 4231; however - which is what Van Gaal initially played, then providing he's next to someone who can get on the ball, then he's not too bad.
He is "not too bad" for a Southampton, for a MU team , a proper one even in 4-2-3-1 he is bang average at best.
Just checked whoscore, Kante has 4.6 tackles a game and 4.2 interceptions a game, that's more than 8 ball recoveries i doubt Morgan ever had something like that.
Also what do you think pass completion shows exactly?

bucky

He is "not too bad" for a Southampton, for a MU team , a proper one even in 4-2-3-1 he is bang average at best.
Just checked whoscore, Kante has 4.6 tackles a game and 4.2 interceptions a game, that's more than 8 ball recoveries i doubt Morgan ever had something like that.
Also what do you think pass completion shows exactly?
At Caen he already was one of the best players if not the best around Europe in that regard.

gza the genius

What player has looked good under LVG? You've basically got DDG, Smalling and Martial. He has been poor but so has almost every single other player. He deserves another season under a new manager - the same goes for most of the squad.

Vilev

At Caen he already was one of the best players if not the best around Europe in that regard.
Well it's not a big deal really. I mean i am sure that you can roll back the tape maybe 5-6 years, and there would be players who played like Kante in Ligue One but never really made it elsewhere. L1 especially for defensive midfielders or defenders is a bit like Eredivisie for forwards. Many players look great there but when they try elsewhere it does not really work for them. I remember some Newcastle and Villa guys, from french league i mean, had great press, great accolades and look where they are now. I don't really remember but guys like Mavuba, M'Vila were "new Makelele", i am sure in their prime in France their game was quite similar to Kante, they even got a better national team experience, i mean caps for France team, although France was probably a bit shit back there. Anyway there is always some new cool ball winning midfielder in France, unfortunately only a few become the real deal.
And Kante looks like he just might.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What player has looked good under LVG? You've basically got DDG, Smalling and Martial. He has been poor but so has almost every single other player. He deserves another season under a new manager - the same goes for most of the squad.
This. I won't be surprised if we bought Messi, and he played like Obertan.

caid

Like I said before, if we're going to play a 4141, then Schneiderlin isn't the guy to play in front of the back four, especially given our style of play.

In a 4231; however - which is what Van Gaal initially played, then providing he's next to someone who can get on the ball, then he's not too bad. That said, he was at his best as a box to box midfield, with Wanyama holding at Southampton.
He doesn't suit the other midfielders we have imo. And vice versa.
There hasn't been a single good midfield performance this season that i can remember. You'll get one of them having a good game but collectively they've been weak.
Cant think of a game where our midfield ripped a team to shreds and looked able to create something at will, while looking able to give a bit of cover to the defence.
The times we look dangerous going foward like away against newcastle or the second half today we concede a stupid number of goals.
All of them are better than they've shown for us this season, I still find it kind of doubtful any of them are top tier though

Our only consistent source of goals or even chances these days is martial picking it up wide, beating 2-3 players and knocking it in.
Mata or Carrick might play a nice forward pass every other game
and Rooney will spread it wide right but thats basically pointless - it'll either go to mata who'll play it back across to the other wing for martial to beat 2/3 players or go to valencia to at best give us a corner (which'll be played short and go back to de gea more often than not).
Our midfield as a whole is a total shambles tbh, its hard to judge any particular player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is very average IMO. Underperforming but not that good on the ball even when he is in form so it doesnt matter. Squad player quality for the future probably.

Parma Dewol

Doesn't matter how good you are, what reputation you have, or where you've played before. For a great many players, coming to Manchester United a big change and there's a long list of individuals with differing ability levels who have failed to make the grade.

Schneiderlin looked like he had promise but has been hugely disappointing. Seen so little from him that's good that it's hard to see a future for him in the red shirt.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'm confident that he will be a very good player under a different manager (which goes for many players more)

Lowkey

Reading before the game about how he was not happy with his season and will most likely miss out on the French squad because of the rise of Kante. This was that match where i expected him to really stand up and grab the game by the scruff of the neck and tame the early exchanges against West Ham because we would have known the first 10 minutes they were going to come hard at us. Seemed clueless on the pitch and again a very disappointing performance from someone who has much more to offer to the team.

I don't really blame him too much. He was playing very well a few months ago then disappeared from the team for no reason. Now brought back in to do a job when his confidence is low and he is clearly not playing well, and he didn't perform. Poor man management from LvG. He should have been better last night when we needed him

Status
Not open for further replies.