Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

I think he'd be great under Mourinho.

Why he is playing as a #6 is beyond me, he isn't that sort of player at all.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Shocking player. The defensive version of Kagawa. Utterly useless.

People suggesting he's a box to box player must be on a wum. Looks out of his depth on the ball when he's playing deeper. I don't even want to imagine how shit he would be further up.

Van Gaal has really lumped us with some absolute shit.

ti vu

I think he'd be great under Mourinho.

Why he is playing as a #6 is beyond me, he isn't that sort of player at all.
Agree. He gave one of the best destroying display vs City away for a United player in recent years. No way he is #6 or can be trained to pass, control game like Carrick for this role. He should be instructed to get less of the ball and do more simple passes.

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I say this after virtually all games he plays.
What did he actually do. I never realise if he is on the pitch or not....which is damning considering that he is a central midfielder.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
People want him to be sold already? Looks like not only our players have brainfarts all the time

Woodenlung

Hasn't made the France squad for Euro 2016. Before he signed for us he was a sho in. I know some here think he's crap, but for me he's one of the best central midfielders in the league and has suffered from playing for a team that's in a tailspin. Like most of our players this season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Hasn't made the France squad for Euro 2016. Before he signed for us he was a sho in. I know some here think he's crap, but for me he's one of the best central midfielders in the league and has suffered from playing for a team that's in a tailspin. Like most of our players this season.
It was likely a straight choice between him and Kante and obviously Kante got the nod. We should feel lucky both him, Herrera and Carrick if he gets his contract renewed will be refreshed and ready for the start of next season.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
He has had a couple of games for us where he's looked like the player he was at Southampton so I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't think anyone is ready to give up on him, he definitely deserves more time to prove himself here, but I am not surprised he hasn't made the French team based on what I've seen this season.

Think he mentioned being pretty unimpressed with his first season performance recently.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Tailspin? We're not fecking Everton. We're still (somehow) in the hunt for top 4 for God's sake. The lad's got something about him but atm it seems he's a bit of a bottler. And even if he weren't he's not a world class talent. Shame we didn't get Sanches to compete with him next year.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I don't think anyone is ready to give up on him, he definitely deserves more time to prove himself here, but I am not surprised he hasn't made the French team based on what I've seen this season.

Think he mentioned being pretty unimpressed with his first season performance recently.
Couple of posters above seem to be!

Mr.Kaya

I say this after virtually all games he plays.
What did he actually do. I never realise if he is on the pitch or not....which is damning considering that he is a central midfielder.
He should play the same role Casemiro plays in RM or Matic does in Chelsea if you want. A sort of player who destroys the opponents play then pass the ball simple to a more creative midfielder, in RMs case that is Kroos and Modric - a bit more quality then our midfielders...

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He should play the same role Casemiro plays in RM or Matic does in Chelsea if you want. A sort of player who destroys the opponents play then pass the ball simple to a more creative midfielder, in RMs case that is Kroos and Modric - a bit more quality then our midfielders...
Exactly. His position against West Ham seemed as if LVG wanted him to perform like Kroos / Modric. That's not his game.

El Jefe

I have been highly critical of Schneiderlin all season. As has been mentioned here, his performances have been cowardly to say the least and he's almost reminded me of TC23. With that being said some are criticising those who wanted him in the summer and I feel that's unfair. He was easily one of the best in his position in the previous two seasons.

I've not been a fan of him for us but I wouldn't rule him out yet. Its his first season and none of our midfielders have been of an acceptable level this season so maybe the blame lies elsewhere.

This was him in 2013/14 playing in Pochettino's Southampton team. This is the sort of player we were expecting not the impostor we have right now.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Think he'll be a top player, under a manager who understands his skill set. He's not a baller, and he definitely can't play in a team who operate at a snails pace, he's well out of place.

If he was playing for Spurs right now, I reckon we'd be calling for his signing again. High pressure, pressing, high energy is where he's proven himself for three years in the PL.

Now that's not to say he hasn't been shit, but when you're talking about LVG's signings, you can't say any of them other than Martial have been able to play at a level United fans would be happy with...so I don't think it lies solely on the player. But survey says, sold.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Mourinho will appreciate his skill set and use him much better.

I think he is still ultimately a squad player for a top club. His best role is an energetic 8 paired next to a 6 that can pass well and for a club doing a lot of high pressing. Mourinho will certainly have a use for that kind of player, particularly in tough games in which he wants to be very secure in midfield and play mainly on the break. But Schneiderlin is a bit useless in matches against weak teams, in which a club like United will always be on the front foot, trying to break down packed defenses. You need more offense out of your 8 in that sort of game and you also want a 6 with better passing range.

So I see him as a very useful squad player under Mourinho who will start sometimes in midfield depending on matchups, often come in as a substitute in midfield to help close out games, and that will provide backup cover for the starting DM. Nothing wrong with that. Every great team needs those kind of players.

mattsville

Has already been said in multiple player's threads, not judging most of the players under this manager, in this staccato bullshit philosophy and system, again just look at leicester, compare their squad, we have superior players in most positions but they are well organised and managed and are champions.

Silverman

Absolutely ridiculous to write him off. He needs to be played in central midfield as opposed to defensive midfield. He was brilliant for Southampton. He will be better next year.

khoazany

Another player in the category of "will be good if used the right way". We have too many players of that kind right now and the problem occured when we have a shit manager.

NoPace

Mourinho will appreciate his skill set and use him much better.

I think he is still ultimately a squad player for a top club. His best role is an energetic 8 paired next to a 6 that can pass well and for a club doing a lot of high pressing. Mourinho will certainly have a use for that kind of player, particularly in tough games in which he wants to be very secure in midfield and play mainly on the break. But Schneiderlin is a bit useless in matches against weak teams, in which a club like United will always be on the front foot, trying to break down packed defenses. You need more offense out of your 8 in that sort of game and you also want a 6 with better passing range.

So I see him as a very useful squad player under Mourinho who will start sometimes in midfield depending on matchups, often come in as a substitute in midfield to help close out games, and that will provide backup cover for the starting DM. Nothing wrong with that. Every great team needs those kind of players.
Agreed with all of this. Also will add that I think he'd make a very, very good CB (as I think Pep would have moved him if he came here) in the way Mascherano has become. His passing would actually be decent in that sort of role since he can hit a long ball and his hiding in possession would not matter at CB like it does in midfield.

But I do think he could start for us as the 6 under Mourinho in the way Makelele did, giving license to 2 CMs and at least one fullback to really push aggressively box to box. If we don't build our attacks slowly from there it wouldn't be as big a problem.

Also, against good teams he can play as a 6 too, doing the sort of job Augusto has done replacing Tiago at Atletico or Danny Drinkwater does at Leicester screening the defense and getting it wide or up the field quickly in possession to start counters. I remember him doing it very well against Chelsea while at Southampton when Wanyama was the one with license to go break up plays and get forward.

Perrick Dubois

Agreed with all of this. Also will add that I think he'd make a very, very good CB (as I think Pep would have moved him if he came here) in the way Mascherano has become. His passing would actually be decent in that sort of role since he can hit a long ball and his hiding in possession would not matter at CB like it does in midfield.
Morgan at CB? Heavens no, I sincerely hope not.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Been saying it for awhile now, every player (even Rooney) we have will benefit from not having that to play under our Dutch philosopher.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I can see him being an essential part of a Mourinho team.

Mourinho loves physical, defensive midfielders and Schneiderlin is one of the best around. LVG's possession game does not suit him in the least.

Irrational.

He's just revealed on Facebook that he's been dropped from the France squad for the Euros. To be fair to them, they have a wealth of talent in his position, and he hasn't exactly shone this season. He'll be disappointed.

Hopefully Mourinho can transform him into something close to the player we shelled out £25 million for.

Silverman

A lot of people have him playing at DM in their teams for next season. Is he not better as a box to box CM?

ti vu

Don't know whether I should be happy or annoyed by the news. Had discussion with another poster who cited Schneiderlin exclusion in France squad as a sign of bad quality :smirk:. Look like that kind of argument can not stand anymore. However, I personally want as many of our players as possible, who may see little involvement to stay home and have full pre season.

Last edited:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I love to see as many United players in tournaments as possible. Happy for him.

Bwuk

Get him used to playing with Pogba before next season....

ChaddyP

Don't agree with the posters who think he's shite. I honestly believe 3/4 of our players have been vangaled and will probably play much better under a different manager, at least that's what I'm hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.