5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

He was more lively than usual tonight and won a challenge that led to out second goal, but he's very underwhelming on the ball.
Yeah agree. On the ball he doesn't look anywhere near good enough. I thought he was better. It perhaps explains why he's had a pretty unconventional route to the top. Similar to Smalling.

Ole90+3

He's been so so bad for United. It's got to the stage that I praise him for carrying the ball forward.

He was diabolical in the first half, along with a few others, but much more lively in the second half, like most the team.

I'm fast beginning to lose hope with him. Just seems like another case of a player who isn't able to live up to their price tag at a big club. Not sure he has the mental strength to get past this awful run of form. This season is make or break for him at United. Can't see him or Rojo, Memphis here next season. I can actually see Mourinho trying to flog them in January if we are out of the Europa League.

Sparky10Legend

Why oh why didnt we get shut in the summer?

probably get 16m for him next season as opposed to 25m last summer. Plus wages that means his "contribution" this season will cost us 14m. Similarly Memphis.

WhoDaGOAT

Schneiderlin was brilliant last night.

Battled for every ball and put out plenty of fires. His pressing was crucial for the Herrera goal and he could have had an assist had Fosu-Mensah's header went in.

He has to start on Saturday.

AR87

Thought Schneiderlin was one of the few who played well in the Europa match and did it again yesterday. Would like to see him get a chance in the PL. My concern with him is that I think he's most effective when he can put himself about similar to a Fletcher type rather than sitting deep, so if he plays I almost think you have to play Carrick with him.

Maybe Fellaini, but I think you lose a lot of comfort in possession and general passing range with a 2 of your 3 in midfield being Schneiderlin and Fellaini. Schneiderlin did have that wonderful ball to Fosuh-Mensah and has occasionally flashed the ability to spray balls about, but doesn't do it consistently enough to depend on it.

We have a lot of good CM options. Finding the proper balance is difficult and been made more tougher by Rooney's inclusion in the starting XI. If Rooney is removed from the equation we have so many options for a solid 3-man midfield.

Next summer finding a like-for-like Carrick replacement is a priority imo.

Ole90+3

What the feck are people seeing that I'm not? He had a couple of glimpses of OKness last night, but a total non-entity and sometimes a liability for the majority of both games.

m1y2

I watched the first half as I missed on it yesterday and I dont think he was that bad at all, it's just the moment like sometime around 25th minute when he made a great interception and great run forward and made a poor pass then, it happens but people only remember the bad about the players who they dont like..

think he had some great momnets like that pass to TFM or that interception which looked like a high boot, think before the goal, won couple of fouls as well and put in a shift, nothing worldclass but I guess he didnt disappointed, he barely played this year and with a team out of form and especially with rooney in the team it wasnt that bad and he can build on it, I actually hope he gets some gametime..

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It sounds stupid, even when I thought about it, but I have a strong 'believe' that he'd be an important player under Mou.

Herrera/Carrick/Fellaini - Schneiderlin - Pogba axis could match any midfield in the league.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was good last night, covered a lot of ground and was a lot better on the ball. Good pressing alongside Herrera too. Think he lacks some match fitness and confidence though

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Schneiderlin was brilliant last night.

Battled for every ball and put out plenty of fires. His pressing was crucial for the Herrera goal and he could have had an assist had Fosu-Mensah's header went in.

He has to start on Saturday.
?? :eek:

Steady on now.

ZDwyr

What the feck are people seeing that I'm not? He had a couple of glimpses of OKness last night, but a total non-entity and sometimes a liability for the majority of both games.
You aren't the only one.

Camilo

Players need to play!! You can't just thrown people in and expect them to perform.

We know the kind of player he is - we saw it at Southampton. Now he's playing with better players against the same opposition, but somehow he's not good enough?! Fair enough, a champions league knockout match against Barcelona might show up a lack of top quality, but that's one game out of 50! And we're not in the champions league anyway!

He's plenty good enough, and should get some games to get into form. Form and confidence are probably the two most important things in football, and you don't get that on the bench.

Litch

Just needs game time. Look at the majority of the players that are in favour irrespective of how they play, they play. They're is a term playing yourself into form....sadly he's not be given the chance. Even when he's played well, he's not started the next game. If we play him, he's the answer in my opinion as he's a bit of Felliani, Carrick and Herrera when playing well.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'd love to see Schneiderlin Herrera and Pogba make up our midfield. There's no much energy in there and the ability to win the ball back high up the pitch. Unfortunately that would mean a slight change in tactics on Mourinho's part which I can't see happening.

kps88

What the feck are people seeing that I'm not?
Classic case of the bar being set too low. So basically any time he's not completely useless or does the bare minimum expected from a midfielder up against a league one team, it's a good performance.

podurban2

I'd love to see Schneiderlin Herrera and Pogba make up our midfield. There's no much energy in there and the ability to win the ball back high up the pitch. Unfortunately that would mean a slight change in tactics on Mourinho's part which I can't see happening.
Wasn't that the midfield we played against Feyenoord?

Devil81

How much do we think we would get for him?

Clearly not in Mourinho's plans.

rotherham_red

How much do we think we would get for him?

Clearly not in Mourinho's plans.
I disagree. I think he potentially can be our Matic. He just needs the game time and use the opportunities he gets to the fullest.

I think Morgan's performances are the key. Herrera forced his way in through what he did in his opportunities. Now Schneiderlin needs to do the same. It's too early to say for certain, but Jose doesn't seem to be pigheaded like LVG was, and if Schneiderlin can perform well in the Europa & Cups, he'll eventually get his chance.

The problem is, he's been far too passive almost every time he's stepped on the pitch so far this season, or he'd do one good to great thing, and then do nothing for the rest of the time. If he continues to be like this, I can't really blame JM for not picking him in his A team.

Hopefully he'll get the start in the Luhansk game with Carrick, who is probably the perfect partner for him in what will likely be a double pivot. The key is to take each game as it comes, and hopefully by November/December, there will be enough of a body of work for Schneiderlin that Jose simply can't ignore it.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I'd be surprised if we shipped him out. If we binned him we'd be left with Fellaini, who's useless, Carrick, who Mou doesn't fancy and Basti who he's fcuked off.

There's a player in there somewhere we just have to give it chance. Plus, didn't we reject a bid from Spurs in the summer?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He has the talent, but talent can only get you so far.

So many players have come to Old Trafford and wilted under the pressure. Seems like he's done the same. It's surprising because he seemed to be an all-action midfielder at Southampton, coming in at what should be the peak of his career. Instead he lacks the confidence to even pass the ball forward, and hasn't even been that great defensively, which should be his bread and butter.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He has the talent, but talent can only get you so far.

So many players have come to Old Trafford and wilted under the pressure. Seems like he's done the same. It's surprising because he seemed to be an all-action midfielder at Southampton, coming in at what should be the peak of his career. Instead he lacks the confidence to even pass the ball forward, and hasn't even been that great defensively, which should be his bread and butter.
What's his talent?

Eddy_JukeZ

He doesn't have much talent.

He's mid-table quality. Should be sold as soon as a good offer comes in.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He doesn't have much talent.

He's mid-table quality. Should be sold as soon as a good offer comes in.
On the ball talent, yes. But I always admired his pressing and tackling ability. He also knew how to play the simple ball well, usually racking up a very good passing %. But here he seems so ponderous and indecisive. I'd agree that we should get rid. There may be a good player in there, but there's a lot of work to be done and we simply have better midfielders at this point to give him consistent opportunities.

Both him and Fellaini should leave.

Bwuk

If he was at Spurs under Poch he'd be viewed as one of the leagues best midfielders again.

It's annoying as I bet he leaves this summer to a team and goes back to being brilliant like he was at Southampton.

dichinero

If he was at Spurs under Poch he'd be viewed as one of the leagues best midfielders again.

It's annoying as I bet he leaves this summer to a team and goes back to being brilliant like he was at Southampton.
Agree

mav_9me

Agree. That's the feeling I have too. Having said that Mourinho knows his defensive midfielders. If he cannot use Schneiderlin, then he is done with us.

khoazany

He's falling into the same case as Young,Memphis and Darmian. The lowest choices in the pecking order in their positions so not gonna get enough game times and it's not like they have done anything to justify us playing them more (that's just how it works when you have a big squad). Gonna leave soon.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Nah. He just isnt quite at that level. He has had his chances but almost every game goes missing. He has his uses of course, but he lacks the balls to be a leader in midfield and take responsibility on the ball to make anything happen. Probably a huge reason why Mourinho doesnt use him. Whats the point of him in midfield if he only does the defensive side of it?

Ekeke

Nah. He just isnt quite at that level. He has had his chances but almost every game goes missing. He has his uses of course, but he lacks the balls to be a leader in midfield and take responsibility on the ball to make anything happen. Probably a huge reason why Mourinho doesnt use him. Whats the point of him in midfield if he only does the defensive side of it?
Doing it well?

And if he only did the defensive side he wouldnt have been starting for France. He needs chances and momentum and yes, to improve some sloppy passing but hes shown he can do it in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.