5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

I forget he exists about 90% of the time.
Me too.

I know people will say, 'but that's his role, to do the defensive things quietly and efficiently.' But tbh there are times where we have a gaping hole in midfield and I don't even see him in the picture. His passing is also just as - if not more limited - than Fellaini's. Really unimpressed with him. The Cleverley comparison a page or so back is pretty accurate.

fatboy

It's only his first game of the season, so maybe we should cut him some slack. He played decently for most part, against very motivated opposition, but clearly needs more games.

Should have been there to deal with that cut back for their goal though.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We really need him to step up. Sadly, it's looking like he has retreated into a shell since his transfer to us. He was never this passive, overly defensive midfielder who rarely ventured a few metres away from his centre backs at Southampton.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't know what happened to him after he joined us, he was a good player. Maybe he can't handle the pressure of a big club.

jetlee

He contributes absolutely nothing attacking wise and for a so called great DM, he failed to track a runner from midfield not just today but many times in the last season as well. He needs to be much more than he is now.

izec

I still hope he can play as Matic for Chelsea when they won the league 2 seasons ago. I always thought he had that in him and Jose would use him like that and bring the best out of him

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
An ideal midfield 3 is made up of 3 componens:

1) The sitter: A player like Alonso or Carrick who sits in front of the back four and starts attacks with their passing between the lines
2) The destroyer: An energetic midfielder with defensive nous and stamina to press the opposition
3) The ball-carrier: Another energetic midfielder, but with emphasis on linking up with the front 3 and driving forward with the ball

Blind and Pogba are great fits for the 1st and 3rd role respectively. I really believe Schneiderlin can carry out the 2nd, but we've never set up to play like that.

izec

An ideal midfield 3 is made up of 3 componens:

1) The sitter: A player like Alonso or Carrick who sits in front of the back four and starts attacks with their passing between the lines
2) The destroyer: An energetic midfielder with defensive nous and stamina to press the opposition
3) The ball-carrier: Another energetic midfielder, but with emphasis on linking up with the front 3 and driving forward with the ball

Blind and Pogba are great fits for the 1st and 3rd role respectively. I really believe Schneiderlin can carry out the 2nd, but we've never set up to play like that.
No 2 should have been Kante. No 1 Diarra or Fabinho for me. All were avilable this summer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought he was pretty good today.
Me too, looked like he did job well. Won so many tackles and recovered possession a lot.

He is lot better than what he has showed at ManUtd. Not sure for what reason but at Southampton he played very expansive game, sort of like Fletcher did for us. High energy, winning possession all over the pitch and even made attacking runs.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Made some nice runs with the ball, even if his decision making at the end always let him down. Worth noting that their midfield sagged back into the groin of their defense so our entire team could have parked infront of their box without much resistance.

SteveW

Thought he did well tonight slightly higher up the pitch pressing.
Seems to play in his comfort zone though. Likes to press but never actually wants the ball so never makes an angle to receive it. Players like that are pointless at this level.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Made some nice runs with the ball, even if his decision making at the end always let him down. Worth noting that their midfield sagged back into the groin of their defense so our entire team could have parked infront of their box without much resistance.
Not true really.

He wins the ball back high up the pitch for Herrera's goal. That's what I was looking forward to from him. He isn't a sitting or holding midfielder. Never has been. He dominated Carrick at Old Trafford a few years ago by pressing him, and pressing Carrick shows how high up the pitch he must've been pressing.

Had Wanyama to clear up behind him. Let's get our Wanyama or make Blind or Carrick or whoever there, get Schniederlin or Herrera pressing and winning the ball high up the pitch and passing it on to Pogba.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not true really.

He wins the ball back high up the pitch for Herrera's goal. That's what I was looking forward to from him. He isn't a sitting or holding midfielder. Never has been. He dominated Carrick at Old Trafford a few years ago by pressing him, and pressing Carrick shows how high up the pitch he must've been pressing.

Had Wanyama to clear up behind him. Let's get our Wanyama or make Blind or Carrick or whoever there, get Schniederlin or Herrera pressing and winning the ball high up the pitch and passing it on to Pogba.
His passing was good but I was talking about his lack of a quality final ball at the end of his runs. He could easily have played a couple of good through balls after pegging back the defense.

Manny

Grammar Police
Better today. He has a tendency to hide away playing #6 but at #8 he has to get stuck in.

Devil may care

He was more lively than usual tonight and won a challenge that led to out second goal, but he's very underwhelming on the ball.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was still basically pointless. Pressed well sure, but we had about 70% possession and he just kept giving it to Carrick or Blind or Herrera who took responsibility on the ball to do something. That's my main issue with him. He never wants to do anything special with it, or pass it progressively. Just passes it off to someone to do something with while he jogs around.

Eddy_JukeZ

Thought he was still basically pointless. Pressed well sure, but we had about 70% possession and he just kept giving it to Carrick or Blind or Herrera who took responsibility on the ball to do something. That's my main issue with him. He never wants to do anything special with it, or pass it progressively. Just passes it off to someone to do something with while he jogs around.
He doesn't possess the talent to do anything special really. He's a complete passenger when we're in possession.

I'd bin him next summer and get a midfielder that's actually good.

The United

Lack of game time is making him look a tad bad. He was meh in first half then he grew into the game.

I still don't know what to make of with his passing though. It is like you are playing smalling in the middle of the field. Some of his passing were pretty bad. Then, some were pretty decent.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I was so happy when he signed and I've been very supportive of him so far. Today was the first time I've been really unhappy with the way he's played.

He just seems so damn timid. Where is the energetic, strong midfielder from Southampton? He has so little faith in himself that he refuses to pass the ball forward. Defensively he constantly gets outmuscled. If he doesn't get his finger out, then he'll be binned next summer.

kr0nix

He doesn't possess the talent to do anything special really. He's a complete passenger when we're in possession.

I'd bin him next summer and get a midfielder that's actually good.
He could have had an assist today if Fosu-Mensah had buried that header.

SambaBoy

Seemed to push further forward today but it still highlighted his weaknesses. I really didn't expect his passing to be that bad, even the one for TFM was supposed to drop over the full-back, in the end TFM made it a good ball but any half decent full-back would have dealt with that.

And then when he pressed and won the ball for the 3rd, the lay off to Ibra/Rashford was terrible, behind him and lacking any sort of pace, but the other parts of his game he did well tonight, tackled and harried high up and won the ball back a lot. One of his better performances.

He needs to grow some balls.

He played ok yesterday, pressing well and making a nuisance of himself, but he's just too timid with the ball. He played a couple of very good passes which show he can do it, but too often he just passed to the man closest to him. I have always thought he had the ability but does he have the mentality to perform under the spotlight at a club of this size.

I'd like to see him next to Pogba and Herrera/Carrick for a few games. If he can't perform there then I think he'll be shipped out.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Seemed to push further forward today but it still highlighted his weaknesses. I really didn't expect his passing to be that bad, even the one for TFM was supposed to drop over the full-back, in the end TFM made it a good ball but any half decent full-back would have dealt with that.

And then when he pressed and won the ball for the 3rd, the lay off to Ibra/Rashford was terrible, behind him and lacking any sort of pace, but the other parts of his game he did well tonight, tackled and harried high up and won the ball back a lot. One of his better performances.
Nonsense, if you can't even praise him for what was clearly a very good pass then there is no hope for you.

Won the ball back for a goal and should've had an assist, did hid job well.

podurban2

He just goes missing at times. He has the role of a player you expect to grab a game by the neck. Maybe with time...

m1y2

still could play better no10 than Rooney, I am willing to give him chance this season, needs to work hard and be more confident, if he cant do it he's mentally weak for our club and needs to go and then finally we can give our chance to TFM who has bigger potential as well.. Just dont unedrstand his lack of confidence, me being in the best club in the country Id do anything to fight for my place like Herrera does, Schneiderlin is just too shy, not writing him off just yet, his second part of his performance was pretty good..

my suggestion is give him run of games like we gave to fellaini or rooney and he wither comes good or not imho he cant really be worse than the two if he finally wakes up from his van Gaal sleep..

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
A better performance than his recent shit shows. Should never be played as a DM. Doesn't have the attributes to play that position. Suited best for the box to box role in Europa and League cup games.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Morgan is capable of spraying balls like Carrick we seen it at southampton. I would love to see him try and mould himself more like him. Infact he has a big opportunity to stake a claim in that role if he does.

coolredwine

lameredboots
A better performance than his recent shit shows. Should never be played as a DM. Doesn't have the attributes to play that position. Suited best for the box to box role in Europa and League cup games.
There was just 1 recent shit shows. This was his 2nd start of the season.

Classical Mechanic

Thought that Mou was subbing him in anger after he got bullied by some fat player called Jon-Jo O'Toole FFS and passing the ball out of play. Redeemed himself a little with his work for Hererra's goal which led Mou to delaying the sub but when he did go off he looked like he knew he hadn't done enough IMO.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's like the perfect fifa player, except he doesn't have a circle or triangle button on his controller.

kr0nix

I'm convinced Morgan has a better range of passing and ability with the ball than he's currently showing. It seems like he hesitates to express himself in case he gets it wrong, and prefers to do the bare minimum and hoping for the best. It's funny because you know he'd be doing a lot better with Tottenham or Liverpool even.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I didn't catch the game yesterday but from what I'm hearing, he's better in his box to box role than a holding one.

I'd like to see him given a few games in midfield where he has that much more freedom, we might well unlock his Southampton form again. I still like him and hope to see him succeed here.

Vanya

Scheniderlin had a reputation for being a tough tackling no nonsense kind of midfielder who did the simple things really well. I havent seen him look strong and fully committed when defending and his passing has been unimaginative (case in point - that horror pass intended for herrera (?) but went to no one on the counter attack against northampton) .

To me it seems like a confidence issue as well as a tactical one. As mentioned above, liverpool or tottenham would suit him more than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.