5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Real shame, thought he'd flourish under Jose.
Same, but hes not even being used like Mikel in terms of coming on to see out a win (then again, we need to be in a winning position for that to happen).

U99ted

Same, but hes not even being used like Mikel in terms of coming on to see out a win (then again, we need to be in a winning position for that to happen).
I even remember multiple times where he came on last year and we conceded. Including the game where we went from comfortable to Chelsea having 90% possession in the last 15 mins.

Water Melon

So he can't even make the bench these days. Any rumours of him moving clubs come January or any mentioning of his name by Jose?

SirMattBugsby

Why we prefer Fellaini over him is beyond me. Carrick-Schneiderlin is as good a pair as anything Mourinho has tried till now.

Hopefully we'll see him tomorrow against City, if only as a sub.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Why we prefer Fellaini over him is beyond me. Carrick-Schneiderlin is as good a pair as anything Mourinho has tried till now.

Probably because Fellaini has been better over the course of 1.25 seasons now? Schneiderlin has very little use, Fellaini isnt great but he can do specific jobs for you.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He was a beast at Southampton. What went wrong?

SirMattBugsby

Probably because Fellaini has been better over the course of 1.25 seasons now? Schneiderlin has very little use, Fellaini isnt great but he can do specific jobs for you.
The only area where Fellaini is superior is heading. Playing at defensive mid comes more naturally to Schneiderlin and his ball-winner ability is far more imo.

It is true that he has not played well for United in the past year, but doesn't he deserve more of a chance under a new manager? Especially when the manager in question is Jose, who wants more defensive aptitude.

Dobbs

The only area where Fellaini is superior is heading.
Not sure about that. I thought he went hiding in games last season. Never seen a United midfielder so uninvolved.

Fellaini has plenty of shortcomings but he does have an impact on the game one way or another.

SirMattBugsby

Not sure about that. I thought he went hiding in games last season. Never seen a United midfielder so uninvolved.

Fellaini has plenty of shortcomings but he does have an impact on the game one way or another.
Fair enough. I feel he should get more of a chance under Mourinho. Maybe he will, especially in the Europa League.

Dobbs

Fair enough. I feel he should get more of a chance under Mourinho. Maybe he will, especially in the Europa League.
Yeah I hope so too. I havey doubts but he's better than what he's showed so far. Always a shame when a player blows his big chance.

Walters_19_MuFc

Might get a game tomorrow. Put him in a 3 man midfield and see how he gets on.

Pogba Schneiderlin Herrera

We did see this against Feyernood and they weren't great, but it's one game.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He had Wanyama alongside him doing the actual dirty work perhaps?
he was excellent in the season before Wanyama joined too, but i think their is a question mark over where he actually plays best, i think we signed him as an out and out defensive midfielder, but if you look at when Schniderlin has really been at his best it is playing a bit further forward then that as a classic centre midfielder, not a defensive midfilder

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He's never been given a good run, so how can he be judged?

I think he has more to offer than he's been able to demonstrate.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He had Wanyama alongside him doing the actual dirty work perhaps?
He often played as a defensive midfielder without Wanyama too. I think it's just a case of not performing in the few patches of matches he got. Plus, I think he's just one of those players who'll just look quite good in a 'functioning system' - for a while now we've been all over the shop with the tactical side of the game.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He often played as a defensive midfielder without Wanyama too. I think it's just a case of not performing in the few patches of matches he got. Plus, I think he's just one of those players who'll just look quite good in a 'functioning system' - for a while now we've been all over the shop with the tactical side of the game.
No arguments there.

I didn't see enough of him at Southampton but I know Wanyama is an effective destroyer type so I took a guess.

We're certainly a mess alright.

Ban

As the time passes he's regarded worse and worse here despite the fact he hasn't had a proper chance this season.

ZDwyr

I think it has something to do with the fact that Schneiderlin has been utter shite whenever he has played. So in that respect it is understandable.

SirMattBugsby

I think it has something to do with the fact that Schneiderlin has been utter shite whenever he has played. So in that respect it is understandable.
Yes, but that was under a different manager and different style of play. It's fair on Mourinho's part to prefer Fellaini based on last season, but Schneiderlin might be a better fit in our system if given a chance.

Not saying he should be an automatic shoo-in. He will have to prove his worth in League cup and EL.

I just hope he's given a proper opportunity. Really liked him at Southampton.

Man Utd 1:0 Man City

Bwuk

Good to see him play and thought he did well with what he had to do. I think there's definately a place in the side for him.

m1y2

needs to be given the gametime Fellaini was given and I am sure he will become great under Mourinho. It's important for him to come on in a game like this, his confidence will raise. Maybe not a starter any soon but he could still be a good option from the bench to close the game down..

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
For the love of God, can he please play over Fellaini whenever we go for defensive solidity. He's a superior player just because he doesn't take 5 seconds to turn with the ball.

SirMattBugsby

Interesting how I was having to defend Schneiderlin over Fellaini right before the derby thread mark. Still early days but for now, I'll bask in the glory of vindication :drool:

OldTrevil

He had a good cameo, I feel its just a matter of time before he wins Mourinho's trust. I still believe he can turn things things around, cliché but it would be like a new signing.

Keegs

I rate him so highly great footballer in my opinion I actually can't comprehend how that Belgium Muppet starts ahead of him.Would love to see him,Pogba and Herrera in a midfield three power, pace and energy with Miki,Mata or Martial out wide.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I rate him so highly great footballer in my opinion I actually can't comprehend how that Belgium Muppet starts ahead of him.Would love to see him,Pogba and Herrera in a midfield three power, pace and energy with Miki,Mata or Martial out wide.
Yes, please. I am absolutely baffled as to why he's barely been given a chance at all. He has all the tools to work in a constellation like that, judged on what I saw of him at Southampton.

Thoroughly convinced he's a good enough player, so let's give him a chance to prove it.

Golden Nugget

I don't remember a single offensive contribution from him at all (which can be good, meaning no sloppy passes etc.) - but defensively, he seemed to be all over the midfield - very energetic and pressing all their midfield players. It wasn't a great performance - but he did his job and I really want to see more of him. I still want Carrick next to Pogba and Herrera in the short run - but having Schneiderlin and Herrera pressing would make us a better side. If he's not starting, he should be on the bench ahead of Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.