Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I don't remember a single offensive contribution from him at all (which can be good, meaning no sloppy passes etc.) - but defensively, he seemed to be all over the midfield - very energetic and pressing all their midfield players. It wasn't a great performance - but he did his job and I really want to see more of him. I still want Carrick next to Pogba and Herrera in the short run - but having Schneiderlin and Herrera pressing would make us a better side. If he's not starting, he should be on the bench ahead of Fellaini.
Because that's what he was instructed to do, to press ahead of the midfield three. He doesn't play like that when he's the defensive midfielder at the start of games.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Third CB Schneiderlin. About as useful on the ball as a CB too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Does nothing. Doesn't offer any ideas in midfield, doesn't drive forward, doesn't close down like Herrera, doesn't screen. He's just an extra body. Looks totally clueless.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't agree. He has done well I thought. Moved the ball well enough and protected the defenders. Which is why he's in the team

Traub

Had such high hopes for him. Seems like his United career is going to end sooner rather than later.

Robbie Boy

Had such high hopes for him. Seems like his United career is going to end sooner rather than later.
Yup same here. I was delighted when we signed him as he was class for Southampton. I never envisigned it working out like this for him.

Hojoon

Has he had one game for us where he was more than 6/10?

Ixion

To be fair he isn't getting the easiest games to start in, long periods out of the team except two tough away games in Europe (maybe a LC game in there as well).

amf_33

This Schneiderlin is completely unrecognizable from the one that played for Soton.

dichinero

Let's see a proper defense of him as a United player. I don't see anything to suggest he's more than a failed signing.
How else can a player prove anything without games. You say failed signing, I say another case of failed management. We should have let him go to Arsenal when they were interested and I'm they would have made proper use of him there, rather than patchy appearances here. Until a player has a proper run of games, it is crazy to write him off given the circumstances.

Distracted Steward

How else can a player prove anything without games. You say failed signing, I say another case of failed management. We should have let him go to Arsenal when they were interested and I'm they would have made proper use of him there, rather than patchy appearances here. Until a player has a proper run of games, it is crazy to write him off given the circumstances.
The easy defense is how poor United have been as a whole since he's been here. The tumescent play has exposed everyone's individual weaknesses, but Schneiderlin has looked very bad. Yes, he hasn't played much, but he's been shockingly poor more often than he's shown any real quality.

He tackles well, but he's not that great at closing the ball down. His passing is limited to poor for the most part.

Much of the defense of him on here is what he showed at Soton. Here he just hasn't shown any of that. He doesn't seem to be holding up his end of the deal. I just don't see that rallying point to say he'll come good.

At what point is he no longer worth having ahead of TFM? If we're. If not there we are close.

Schneiderlin is a quality player, but off he can't bring that to bare in a United shirt he needs to be sold on. He looks like a flop here.

dichinero

The easy defense is how poor United have been as a whole since he's been here. The tumescent play has exposed everyone's individual weaknesses, but Schneiderlin has looked very bad. Yes, he hasn't played much, but he's been shockingly poor more often than he's shown any real quality.

He tackles well, but he's not that great at closing the ball down. His passing is limited to poor for the most part.

Much of the defense of him on here is what he showed at Soton. Here he just hasn't shown any of that. He doesn't seem to be holding up his end of the deal. I just don't see that rallying point to say he'll come good.

At what point is he no longer worth having ahead of TFM? If we're. If not there we are close.

Schneiderlin is a quality player, but off he can't bring that to bare in a United shirt he needs to be sold on. He looks like a flop here.
I don't disagree with most of what you have said. I have been a follower of Schneiderlin's career before Soton got into the PL and I can confirm that he is better than what we are seeing and hasn't shown that kind of form that made me a fan of him. That said, I was both shocked and pleased when we signed him. Shocked because I know United needed a world class CM to solve the problems we inherited but pleased because we bought a more than capable player in the course of a season. IMO, he is suffering from lack of confidence, game time and trust. I repeat, I don't see him as a world beater but under the right manager he would be showing so much. As Schneiderlin fan, I think he is better off with Poch at Spurs or Arsenal with Wenger than at United with any of the managers he he has played under in his time here.

Distracted Steward

Baffling indeed.
Southampton was very much pass and move. He didn't have to dwell on the ball and make a tough pass. Their off the ball movement had people breaking into space for an easier pass. For some reason he looks lost with the ball here.

Acole9

Outstanding
The French Tom Cleverley.
Exactly this, we need to sell him, he's another one of van Gaal's bad buys. He offers absolutely nothing to us, I was glad when he got substituted because it was painful watching him.

Skills

Snitch
Hard to judge him. I'm guessing its hard for a midfielder to come in and get into the flow of the game, when you're getting feck all game time the rest of the season. Still a better player than Fellaini in my book.

It's like the Herrera situation last season.

ZDwyr

I am not a fan of his at all but I thought he was decent enough for most of the first-half.

Moby

Dick
Why was he subbed? Left us pretty open to the counter throughout the second half.

Mata should have come on when Ibra did, as a like for like change for Pogba, not instead of him. Having all three of Ibra, Rooney and Mata makes no sense.

Roeindo

Why was he subbed? Left us pretty open to the counter throughout the second half.

Mata should have come on when Ibra did, as a like for like change for Pogba, not instead of him. Having all three of Ibra, Rooney and Mata makes no sense.
judging from his post match comments, Mou said he was trying to be positive.

anyway, its just what we all wanted. Attack, attack, attack

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He's playing very safe. Guess that's from not playing and not wanting to do anything wrong, though, I suppose.
That makes sense. I've seen players go from good to bad but generally reach that conclusion when the player has played pretty regularly.

Swansea 1:3 Man Utd

finndt

This Schneiderlin is completely unrecognizable from the one that played for Soton.
He could very well be vital part of our midfield. I actually don't believe he's that good, but we wouldn't know even if he was. That's because he practically never plays. He's not the kind of players who comes in every once in a while and mesmerizes fans immediately.

He was pretty feckin' good in Soton which at the time was a good side. If you have a player like him, he should play pretty much every game otherwise it's a stupid investment. If for example Makelele played 15 minutes in week and sometimes a full match in a cup game people would've never seen that he was a fantastic player.

Just saying that he might be awesome or completely shit for us, but we'll never find out. He's not the one to blame. There's nothing he can do if the manager doesn't like him as a player... or as a person for that matter...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I am one who I must concede is always a bit confused when I see the consensus that Schneiderlein was rubbish last season. I thought he did okay (at least) when he played, personally. He seems to win the ball an awful lot whenever I watch him. Perhaps I'm the only one who didn't expect him to be Alonso or something, but he has energy, and a good tackler. That's kind of what I expected from him.

He's probably a bit rusty now, but next game we are away at The Emirates, and I can't think of a more specific type of game he was bought for. I was bemused he didn't play there last season. He had been starting all of the other games too I believe, it was then dropped for the most obvious one we'd need him for, in place of the elderly with no legs. What happened after that was inevitable, we were blown away.

Raw

What did he even do when he came on? He's just...there.

I was so excited about this transfer too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I struggle with Schneiderlin. He often just seems like a slightly smaller, more mobile Fellaini: Puts himself about a bit, albeit without much real positional sense.

When there's a lot of charging down to do, squeezing the pitch, he works on autopilot. Change the scenario and he seems a bit lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.