Film Mortal Kombat 2021 Film - 16th April 2021

Siorac

You liked the second film?

First one was good.
The first one is a guilty pleasure of mine. The whole tournament makes little sense, it's full of weird little inconsistencies but it's fun, it has humour, and the fight scenes are genuinely good.

The second... some bored university student in a dorm room could have put together better special effects. And who can forget the 'let's look each other in the eye sensually' travel balls where you die if you don't turn in time while going at ultra high speeds.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm hoping this is good. MK has good, cheesy lore and James Wan is producing it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hopefully this is good. First one was decent for the period in that it was released and is still watchable now on occasion. Annihilation was pure turd.

I'm not expecting this to be amazing but as a fan of the series, I’m hoping I’ll enjoy it and maybe it’ll even exceed my quite moderate expectations.

Sylar

None of the links work for me :(
But can't wait to see it even if it ends up being trash

Smores

I'll hold off on offering an opinion until i know whether Martin Scorsese deems them acceptable cinema.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Want to see this, but I also want various iterations of the theme being pumped at random fight scenes or I'll be angry.

Woodzy

It looks like it could be okay.

The original first one had a lot of perfect castings for me so some just don't seem right.

Lewnited

They actually have a lot more lore to pull from since the old MK movies so it could at least be competent story wise :lol: Fight scenes look good emough to qualify for some dumb fun anway

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The first one was amazing.

Those were 500 dollar sunglasses arsehole!

Hope this will be equally camp.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It's funny thinking back to the scandal when the game was first released. All that controversy over too much blood and ripping people's heads off.

Siorac

This is gonna be the guiltiest of guilty pleasures.

BABALITY.
If they put in a babality, I will declare this the greatest thing humanity has ever created.

Also, what @VP89 said about pumping the theme during fight scenes. An absolute must.

I like it that it seems a lot more bloodier than the 1995 film. Not that I'm some bloodthirsty monster but the games were famous for the gore, for the disgustingly violent finishing moves. Compared to those the original film was quite family-friendly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Throwback to the poor sequel :lol: Lines so bad they are hilarious to revisit.

Also @ 2:29 the death of Shao Khan's henchman is cut to show the same scene as Reptile falling into a firepit later in the movie :lol: They were so lazy it was great to watch for a chuckle.

Siorac

Throwback to the poor sequel :lol: Lines so bad they are hilarious to revisit.

Also @ 2:29 the death of Shao Khan's henchman is cut to show the same scene as Reptile falling into a firepit later in the movie :lol: They were so lazy it was great to watch for a chuckle.
"Mother! You're alive!
Too bad -------------- YOU --- will die!"

Absolute genius.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I actually love MK Annihilation, there are a lot of terrible things in that movie mainly the recasting of every character apart from Liu and Kitana but I absolutely love some of the fighting scenes. The Cyrax/Jax/Sonia fight is awesome as is Scorpion vs Kuai Liang (Sub Zero's younger brother), but that animality fight at the end is an abomination.

This trailer doesn't give me the same feeling as the original films, they felt quite close to the actual games and this is trying to be different for the sake of it. Raiden looks meh, the Scorpion "get over here" is pathetically tame and Liu Kang looks like a knock-off Ryu. I can't wait to watch it though and I hope it is successful.

I really hope Jonny Cage is in the movie, but from the trailer I don't think so. It will be a mistake to leave his character out, he adds the comedy element which helps prevent films from taking themselves too seriously.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
This guy was in Lost, Westworld, Sunshine, Endgame and loads of other stuff, and is always great: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Sanada

The only other guy I recognised was Mr. Lau from The Dark Knight.
He was also Jackie Chan's brother Kenji in Rush Hour 3. 43 Ronin, The Wolverine, Life, Minions and The Last Samurai. He is a huge actor clearly, he has been in so many good shows/movies.

The Sonia actress Jessica McNamee was recently in The Meg.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Lewis Tan is pretty great too, was in Into the Badlands and Wu Assassins. Also was the only good thing in Iron Fist despite only having a small part in one episode.

Sylar

Lewis Tan is pretty great too, was in Into the Badlands and Wu Assassins. Also was the only good thing in Iron Fist despite only having a small part in one episode.
Ahh yes I remember him in iron Fist
Totally forgot he was in wu assassins until you mentioned it, and now that's where I recognise him from