Most charismatic footballers ever

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
For instance, someone who would fit this category is Oliver Kahn who, apart from being a tremendous goalkeeper, had big personality and a very special aura on the field. He would have made a very interesting film character. Who else do you think deserves to mentioned among this kind of players?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Oliver Khan ? Ffs

Eric
Becks
Bestie
Maradona
Gazza
Zlatan
Dennis Law
Frank Worthington
Henry ?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Lee Trundle. If you’re confused by this post get on YouTube

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Oliver Khan ? Ffs
Starting off with one of the best goalkeepers to ever play the game, The Titan was a cult hero for many reasons. King Kahn’s eccentricity and charismatic leadership were both intense and extremely successful. Kahn sparked many debates over where one should draw the line between sportsmanship and assault. During his career, he strangled, bit and kung-fu kicked opponents, and even often got physical with teammates. His actions forced teammate Mehmet Scholl to say: ‘’I am afraid of just two things in this life: war and Oliver Kahn.’’

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Starting off with one of the best goalkeepers to ever play the game, The Titan was a cult hero for many reasons. King Kahn’s eccentricity and charismatic leadership were both intense and extremely successful. Kahn sparked many debates over where one should draw the line between sportsmanship and assault. During his career, he strangled, bit and kung-fu kicked opponents, and even often got physical with teammates. His actions forced teammate Mehmet Scholl to say: ‘’I am afraid of just two things in this life: war and Oliver Kahn.’’

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Lee Trundle. If you’re confused by this post get on YouTube
I was just about to post him. On the pitch he just oozed charisma, he'd be the one who your eyes were glued to because you knew that at least once during the match he would do something ridiculous, often just for the sake of doing it (and probably so he could send the clips in to Soccer AM, which is apparently something he actually did :lol: ).

Pablo76

I don’t think OP knows what charismatic means if the first to mind is Oliver Kahn.

Big personality yes, as did Schmeichel, but charisma? None.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
That's not charismatic, that's just him being mental.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
The correct answer to this question is Maradona, every other answer is objectively wrong.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Best
Zlatan
Maradona
Gascoigne
Pirlo
Crouch

Mindhunter

George Best
David Beckham
Cristiano Ronaldo
Del Piero
Maradona
Pele
Chilavert

Irwinning

Best.

Took is boot off. passed with a sock. Accurate pass too.

Giggs86

Someone should add a definition of 'charismatic' because there is absolutely zero things in common with the names that being posted here.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Someone should add a definition of 'charismatic' because there is absolutely zero things in common with the names that being posted here.
A charismatic person attracts, influences, and inspires people by their personal qualities.

He got arrested for his stunts that day, combined with taking the piss out of players on the pitch means that not only does Trundle take his place amongst the most charismatic footballers of all time, but also one of the greatest thinkers of our time.

He was arrested for our sins

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Spanish Lee Cattermole

below him are (in no particular order):
- Cruyff
- C Ronaldo
- Beckenbauer
- Zidane
- Effenberg
- Vasovic
- R. Koeman
- A. di Stefano
- Shearer
- T. Adams
- Ramos
- Rio
- Keano
- Schmeichel
- Kahn
- some names mentioned in previous posts.

Last edited:

Needham

A charismatic person attracts, influences, and inspires people by their personal qualities.
Bobby Moore had the quiet blonde authority of a steady champion, the pearly special quality of a man's man. No Noel Coward up top when he opened his mouth but all classes acknowledged his supremity.

Red_toad

Oliver Khan ? Ffs

Eric
Becks
Bestie
Maradona
Gazza
Zlatan
Dennis Law
Frank Worthington
Henry ?
Becks charismatic? Good lookin bloke who has a terrible voice and is pretty bland as personalities go.

Eric for me, he was just a complete maverick and so eloquently confusing when he spoke :devil:

Son

Oliver Khan ? Ffs

Eric
Becks
Bestie
Maradona
Gazza
Zlatan
Dennis Law
Frank Worthington
Henry ?
Beckham has a personality?

Edmundo!!!
Di Canio
Chilavert
Maradona
Kahn
Cantona
Garrincha (I’ve heard stories)
Cassano
Ibra
Cristiano Ronaldo
Gattuso
Balloteli
Gascoine

Last edited:

Thaumaste

I think we also need to determine a difference between on-field and off-field/personal charisma.

For example, Cristiano Ronaldo, for me, has a great deal of on-field charisma, but very little personal charisma. Beckham, who some have mentioned, is a lesser example of the same thing, since he had on-field charisma (but less than CR) but almost no personal charisma at all.

Consequently, you really need to give precedence to those few players who had both in abundance, and the obvious ones mentioned here are Maradona, Cantona, Cruyff and Best. They're men who would inspire devotion whether you were watching them play, playing with them, or just staring at them in awe as they walked down the street or ate a bag of crisps in a cooler way than you could even dream of doing.

Pep's Suit

Maradona, of course. Daniele De Rossi and Ramos of recent players.