Most clean sheets across Europe in all competitions!

RashyForPM

Theres a difference between that and crowding our own box, in low blocks, without any intention to attack.
Our defenders are pressin0g higher and taking the ball forward, the fact Maguires pace on the turn is highlighted shows how much higher up we play.
Its not even a comparison. Our football back then was already a decade out of date.
Have to disagree there. We played good stuff until Sevilla at home. That game was the breaking point for Jose and imo the turning point in his career.

Nick7

Just DeGea howlers ? No Maguire , Lindelof , Shaw , Bailly, Jones howlers ? Just DeGea . Okay then
I'm not trying to pick on De Gea here I think he's a great keeper. I'm just saying if you take out 3 of the shots that were straight at him and he should have saved we would have the joint best defence in the league. The Spurs goal for example that he should have saved.

That's how close we were to being the best defensive team in the league.

Strelok

Have to disagree there. We played good stuff until Sevilla at home. That game was the breaking point for Jose and imo the turning point in his career.
Not really imo. If my memory serves me right we were playing some good stuff only until around new year. Then some mixed stuff till that Sevilla game. I still remember a few matches we played some low block huffing boring to death football against some newly promoted teams. At OTF ffs.

Our defence is finally good, but i didn't know we were on course for the best in Europe.

It's just a relief to finally have a defence with no glaring weaknesses, that all complement each other fairly well. We have two solid centre backs who do all things fairly well, and two full backs who are good defensively and can do their job of pinning opposition fullbacks in their own half. We haven't had a back line without at least one player who stuck out a mile since Ferguson.

Never mind the nonsense about a few years ago when we played a 6 man defence and had De Gea in the form of his life. We are better now than we have been in years and if we sort out our zonal v man marking on set pieces we will be even better.

cyberman

I think we statted off strong and got really defensive pretty quickly after that.
The continuous complaints United fans had was the constant backing off after scoring. We never pressed home an advantage and keep our boot on opponents throats.
We score, we drop off and dare the opposition to break us down.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You are just keep repeating shite which reflects that you run out of ideas to counter it. I dare you to tell me what's the context then?

You said it's problem for beating Tranmere, LASK, Derby & Club Brugge in our unbeaten run. You didn't give any credit on it at all.

I didn't say our clean sheet is a problem, can you show it to me where I said it's a problem. I actually gave credit of the improvement.
So you have absolutely no clue what the context is and yet, end up arguing all these time? Feel free to read the thread one more time and get your answers because I am done doing things for you. Its all in this thread and you can connect the dots.

RashyForPM

I think we statted off strong and got really defensive pretty quickly after that.
The continuous complaints United fans had was the constant backing off after scoring. We never pressed home an advantage and keep our boot on opponents throats.
We score, we drop off and dare the opposition to break us down.
I did think the complaints were a myth honestly. We were 4-0 FC at the start, and followed that up with multiple goal wins against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and City (best ever team in the PL bar our 99 and 08 teams btw). The good, attacking performances tailed off after Sevilla and that was the turning point for Mourinho.

No doubt we backed off after that. We weren’t even winning most of the time when we did so.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So you have absolutely no clue what the context is and yet, end up arguing all these time? Feel free to read the thread one more time and get your answers because I am done doing things for you. Its all in this thread and you can connect the dots.
No one in this thread is arguing with me after I gave my explanation except you, it proves that you have some issue.

I gave credit to our clean sheets, you refused to give credit to our unbeaten run. Not very difficult to understand the difference, your weak argument shouldn't need be brought it here in the first place.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
When you consider how crap our goalkeepers are, and all our defends bar Luke Shaw are, and how average most of our midfielders are it's a truly phenomenal achievement, well done team, i'd credit the coaches for their organisational skills but apparently they are not up to much either ....

Guess we just got lucky this year.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think the EPL profit sharing model has created an extremely competitive league, where relegated sides get wins over top 4 teams every season! When I started following over 10 years ago the sides that went down were not even close to a top side and rarely scored against them at all while conceding buckets.

I think what we've seen in the league this season is a sign of that strength, not weakness as so many claim. There are National team starters all over every team in the EPL, the cash is clearly here outside of the top two in Spain, a few in Italy and PSG. The other teams in Spain, France and Italy don't compete with most EPL teams financially, just looking at what they spend on signings.

I'd be interested to see how the English teams did generally against the other leagues in Europe when they've faced up this season. So many EPL teams deprioritize the Europa League because so much money is at stake in the EPL depending on where you finish versus the unlikliness of qualifying for CL by winning it all. Trends to throw off the numbers when looking at how the EPL stacks up.

I think our defense is pretty good, and 120m in the front 6 would do a lot more to our W/L record than in the back 4. Though whether our attack would be best improved by attacking full backs is interesting. Put Robertson and TAA on our team and we win the league.

bond19821982

No one in this thread is arguing with me after I gave my explanation except you, it proves that you have some issue.

I gave credit to our clean sheets, you refused to give credit to our unbeaten run. Not very difficult to understand the difference, your weak argument shouldn't need be brought it here in the first place.
Gem of an argument! next time, I will create a poll here and see who all agrees and disagree before getting involved in a discussion. Based on that , we will decide the next course of action.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Gem of an argument! next time, I will create a poll here and see who all agrees and disagree before getting involved in a discussion. Based on that , we will decide the next course of action.
What about you stick with your original argument rather than trying to argue about something else? I doubt you can though. For that, I have only one reply which is below.

I gave credit to our clean sheets, you refused to give credit to our unbeaten run. So you got it all wrong from the beginning.

bond19821982

What about you stick with your original argument rather than trying to argue about something else? I doubt you can though. For that, I have only one reply which is below.

I gave credit to our clean sheets, you refused to give credit to our unbeaten run. So you got it all wrong from the beginning.
Wait, so let me get this straight. You went away from the actual argument and now want me to stick to the point? I am not the one who asked to start a poll before responding.

You want a response on the original point ? Its simple - your hypocritical stand has been found out. You have been caught red handed. Just accept it and move on.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wait, so let me get this straight. You went away from the actual argument and now want me to stick to the point? I am not the one who asked to start a poll before responding.
You're the one who started talking about creating poll. I never ask for one. This is another thing you made up and turn it into argument. You got some issue mate.

You want a response on the original point ? Its simple - your hypocritical stand has been found out. You have been caught red handed. Just accept it and move on.
So now you are telling me to accept your false accusation? Where is this hypocritical? You're the type of person who blames someone and use something unrelated as your evident.

RashyForPM

Not really imo. If my memory serves me right we were playing some good stuff only until around new year. Then some mixed stuff till that Sevilla game. I still remember a few matches we played some low block huffing boring to death football against some newly promoted teams. At OTF ffs.
Sorry for the late reply mate, didn’t quite see this beforehand.

Anyway, as I’ve mentioned previously, we were known as 4-0 FC at the start, and followed that up with multiple goal wins over Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool and City, the 3rd best team in PL history behind our 99 and 08 teams. We hammered Newcastle, Stoke etc too. No big achievement but still big wins.

By death by boredom football against promoted teams, I guess you mean Huddersfield away. It was shit, but it was just a poor performance that every team gets. We did also lose to Newcastle, but we created tonnes of chances that day and Alexis and Martial both missed open goals. Again, Sevilla was where Mourinho really lost the plot. Before that, I enjoyed the season. IIRC, there was a point where we would be top in any other season bar that as City were breaking records.

Strelok

Anyway, as I’ve mentioned previously, we were known as 4-0 FC at the start, and followed that up with multiple goal wins over Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool and City, the 3rd best team in PL history behind our 99 and 08 teams. We hammered Newcastle, Stoke etc too. No big achievement but still big wins.

By death by boredom football against promoted teams, I guess you mean Huddersfield away. It was shit, but it was just a poor performance that every team gets. We did also lose to Newcastle, but we created tonnes of chances that day and Alexis and Martial both missed open goals. Again, Sevilla was where Mourinho really lost the plot. Before that, I enjoyed the season. IIRC, there was a point where we would be top in any other season bar that as City were breaking records.
Yeah you're right it was Huddersfield away. I mistook it with the same match at home. Both were boring af. Anyway I can't accept us playing underdog against some fecking newly promoted team, home or away. We surely can have bad games, and I'm fine with us sit deep and counter against stronger teams. But sit deep against the almighty Huddersfield? Tbh I can't even remember their name.

Skills

Snitch

It was the anfield game that broke us that season. Playing like a relegation candidate after heading into the game in great form (with Liverpool being in dreadful form) sapped all confidence out of the squad. The Huddersfield game (right after) was just a rollover from that.

bond19821982

You're the one who started talking about creating poll. I never ask for one. This is another thing you made up and turn it into argument. You got some issue mate.

So now you are telling me to accept your false accusation? Where is this hypocritical? You're the type of person who blames someone and use something unrelated as your evident.
You got me wrong dude. I have absolutely no intention of convincing you or making you to agree to any point. Big disagreement? Just deal with it !

As we stopped on other thread ,this would be my last response here as well. Talk to you on a different topic later.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You got me wrong dude. I have absolutely no intention of convincing you or making you to agree to any point. Big disagreement? Just deal with it !

As we stopped on other thread ,this would be my last response here as well. Talk to you on a different topic later.
You're not reading mate. I'm not asking you to convince me, I'm asking you to put your ego aside and move on if you can't counter the argument rather than making lazy argument.

Feel free to read these below, they are totally different point & context. Come back to tell me if you can talk about it rather than replying with lazy argument.

I was feeling embarrased because OP comparison of us with the top teams that playing in CL.
You are finding it problem/embarrased because we beat certain small teams.

I gave credit to our defense improvement because we are 3rd best in the league.
You refuse to give credit to us beating Chelsea & City and our league unbeaten run because you can't accept the positivity.

I suggested we should talk about europe next season and let's talk about us being 3rd best defensively in the league instead because that's the real credit is.
You suggested to wait until end of the season because you can't see positivity without mentioning top 4.

RashyForPM

Yeah you're right it was Huddersfield away. I mistook it with the same match at home. Both were boring af. Anyway I can't accept us playing underdog against some fecking newly promoted team, home or away. We surely can have bad games, and I'm fine with us sit deep and counter against stronger teams. But sit deep against the almighty Huddersfield? Tbh I can't even remember their name.
Shit games like that contributed to Mourinho’s deserved sacking, but we recovered to a certain extent to come 2nd after that.

MikeeMike

Shit games like that contributed to Mourinho’s deserved sacking, but we recovered to a certain extent to come 2nd after that.
I thought West Ham (A) was Mourinhos end but have to say i thought they players that day were a disgrace. Never seen such a lazy , not interested performance. Maybe that was Pogbas doing?

Nick7

I'm not trying to pick on De Gea here I think he's a great keeper. I'm just saying if you take out 3 of the shots that were straight at him and he should have saved we would have the joint best defence in the league. The Spurs goal for example that he should have saved.

That's how close we were to being the best defensive team in the league.
And where would we be without his epic saves.
Other team problems to fix before scapegoating him.
Keep reading before jumping on the defensive.

RashyForPM

I thought West Ham (A) was Mourinhos end but have to say i thought they players that day were a disgrace. Never seen such a lazy , not interested performance. Maybe that was Pogbas doing?
Nope. They hadn’t fallen out by then and Pogba was injured anyway (guessing you mean the Huddersfield game).

And yes, it was a disgrace.

bond19821982

You're not reading mate. I'm not asking you to convince me, I'm asking you to put your ego aside and move on if you can't counter the argument rather than making lazy argument.

Feel free to read these below, they are totally different point & context. Come back to tell me if you can talk about it rather than replying with lazy argument.

I was feeling embarrased because OP comparison of us with the top teams that playing in CL.
You are finding it problem/embarrased because we beat certain small teams.

I gave credit to our defense improvement because we are 3rd best in the league.
You refuse to give credit to us beating Chelsea & City and our league unbeaten run because you can't accept the positivity.

I suggested we should talk about europe next season and let's talk about us being 3rd best defensively in the league instead because that's the real credit is.
You suggested to wait until end of the season because you can't see positivity without mentioning top 4.
You keep saying "you are not reading you are not reading " while you are the one who is not doing that. Rest of the post has already been covered- moving on !

el3mel

Yes, we did. We would score a goal and shut up shop or play on the break until we scored.
It was shit on a stick football. We were benching Pogba for his defensive contributions and asking Rashford and Martial to track the opposition fullbacks into our box.
The reason Valencia and Yoing have more assists etc is because they were usually the furthest forward which should tell you how we played on its own.
Gotta get those crosses from deep in. Stick it into the big man. Best of luck Fellaini
Pogba finished the season as a starter, and played against Chelsea, City away and Tottenham in the cup as a starter no problem. He wasn't benched for many games really. This is over the top. Not to mention he missed the majority of first half due to injury, like this season.

And we played crap football this season too, the majority of its first half. We only started to play well after we signed Bruno.