Most dislikeable players in the PL

Eplel

I have to go with Gabriel Jesus too. Who is he pretending to call all the time?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Wilshire-- pretend wannabe hard man that runs his mouth and shits himself if anyone squares up to him

Lingard

James Vary -- chavvy dickhead

Lingard

Troy deeney -- dumbass

Gareth bale

Anybody with a twatknot

SteveCoppellFan

If only Filippo Inzaghi played in the Premiership ...

Other than that ... it has to be Jordan Henderson.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Jamie Vardy for sure.

Harry Kane too, although that is largely fuelled by the commentary around him every game, which is nauseating.

Firmino. Same as Kane really, commentary and punditry. I think he’s nowhere near as good as is made out, and his teeth irritate me.

Paul Dummett. I think he’s quietly been the worst player I can think of in the PL for a few years, and as a result, I find the fact that he’s a millionaire footballer too much of an injustice for my liking.

Jonjo Shelvey. Do I really need to explain? I just think of a horrific ‘tackle’ on Pogba a couple of years back around knee height which he got away with (would have been off with VAR).

Aubameyang. I hate shit footballers with great stats. You have to keep the fact that you think they are a bit shit to yourself as you can never win an argument on it due to their numbers.

Olli McBurnie. He’s just a shit footballer, and one who scored a late equaliser against us, which is particularly hard to take, because he’s a shit footballer. He also cost Sheffield about £20m, and again stirs up the injustice within me, as he looks to have no talent but is a millionaire set for life.

Jordan Henderson. Average footballer, but I can’t prove it because his team wins, and the narrative/commentary around him says otherwise, so there would be no point.

Pogba too
Think that’s more an issue with his own fans. I don’t think he’s ‘hated’ by anyone else really.

siw2007

Jamie Vardy and David Luiz come out as joint top.

Also not a fan of Troy Deeney.

Glorio

Any players from your own team you cant really warm too ?
Just read the rest of the threads! :lol:

Weirdly I like all our players to varying degrees. That said, I suspect Bruno and Cavani are probably disliked by a lot of opponents fans, but I love them for it.
Bruno because he's always on a whinge. His mouth just never shuts - G Nev and Rooney's love child!
Cavani because he's always having little off-the-ball niggles and spats with the opposition defenders.

Offsideagain

Fernandinho, dirtiest player in the PL that gets away with it most games with the old hands up it was me trick. In fact, any City player. Foden reminds me of John McGovern who played for Derby and Forest under Clough back in the day. An assembly of parts that aren’t co-ordinated and a head too big for his skin.

youngrell

Jordan Henderson. Average footballer, but I can’t prove it because his team wins, and the narrative/commentary around him says otherwise, so there would be no point.
Wont find any argument from me. He’s like the limited player you come up against in amateur football who’s usually captain because he spends the game shouting cliches and pointing a lot.

Often the coaches son.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Joe Hart; Crap keeper and a complete gobshite
Pickford; See above
Eric Dier; Absolutely nothing player and wannabe hard guy
Troy Deeney; Pig ugly and former prison resident who sucks up to Piers Morgan
Gabriel Jesus; Just his face really as he always looks like he will burst into tears

lysglimt

Scout
For those of you who remember the 80s - no one was worse than Mark Dennis. He was like a nasty version of Stuart Pearce

Supports
England
Jamie Vardy for sure.

Harry Kane too, although that is largely fuelled by the commentary around him every game, which is nauseating.

Firmino. Same as Kane really, commentary and punditry. I think he’s nowhere near as good as is made out, and his teeth irritate me.

Paul Dummett. I think he’s quietly been the worst player I can think of in the PL for a few years, and as a result, I find the fact that he’s a millionaire footballer too much of an injustice for my liking.

Jonjo Shelvey. Do I really need to explain? I just think of a horrific ‘tackle’ on Pogba a couple of years back around knee height which he got away with (would have been off with VAR).

Aubameyang. I hate shit footballers with great stats. You have to keep the fact that you think they are a bit shit to yourself as you can never win an argument on it due to their numbers.

Olli McBurnie. He’s just a shit footballer, and one who scored a late equaliser against us, which is particularly hard to take, because he’s a shit footballer. He also cost Sheffield about £20m, and again stirs up the injustice within me, as he looks to have no talent but is a millionaire set for life.

Think that’s more an issue with his own fans. I don’t think he’s ‘hated’ by anyone else really.
I love Kane but great post. Very funny and astute. Yeah, it is super-annoying when the stats support something clearly dubious.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Firmino - Winds me up when commentators call him 'Bobby'. Only dippers do this. Plus he is shite and over rated to death.

I really dislike Foden but this is due to how he has been treated compared to Greenwood for what happened in Iceland.

Supports
England
I find most opposition fans hate Pogba and they can never explain why. Makes you wonder...
Huh? Never explain why? Not only do you barely need a reason to dislike a player (if at all), I've seen loads of explanations for it. He radiates this particular aura of arrogance that is probably fairly appealing if he plays for your team but can be quite offputting for a lot of people. He also plays into that "for gods sake, get a normal haircut and stop peacocking" mentality that I'm not opposed to myself. And then there's the fact that his apparent attitude is incongruent with his level of performance on the pitch. His own PR has done him absolutely no favours either.

Bear in mind that no opposing fan is ever going to bother reading an in-depth interview with him. He may well be a nice enough guy. But most fans are only ever going to get their impressions of most players from watching them play football. And that's fine.

Edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't also say that nobody here has a fecking clue about who any of these people really are, so we're all making equally uninformed judgements based on varying amounts of propaganda.

Last edited:

Supports
England
Salah, Robertson, Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold
Mount, Pulisic, Alonso
Sterling, Ederson, Gundogan, Stones
Dele Ali, Son, Lamela
Aubameyang
Same tbh (well mostly). Someone on here once said something like "I wouldn't be surprised if Son was actually a complete dick behind closed doors". I thought about it and then couldn't help agreeing. He still seems to have 90+% of people on his side though.

Supports
England
Agree to disagree. I've seen the replay of what he did to the lad against Reading, looked as deliberate as the Zlatan incident. He looked down as he did it in the same way.

I'm sure he's nice and humble Infront of a camera, a lot of footballers are. But nice guys don't stand on the heads of two opponents.
Yeah, Ibra trying to have his cake and eat it too by creating this hyper-arrogant persona and then still acting the nice guy "underneath it all" only made me dislike him more. At least pick one direction for your public character.

Supports
England
Son does look like that someone who used to be the teacher's favorite but also a snitch and a cnut behind everyone's back. But if someone like Son makes the list it's just a proof that there are way too many nice guys in football nowadays. 10-15 years ago those were the times when the PL was littered with proper cnuts.
I didn't see your post when I made mine (just above this one) but yeah, you're not the only one who gets this impression.

Coops73

Milner all day long, played for Leeds, city and Liverpool, he’s clearly done that just to wind up United fans and he’s got a heed like a shit chip hazard.

Recent Prem players - Deeney, Hart, Wilkinson the Stoke player, Martial
Deeney is a funny one. He’s a footballer from the 80s, and gives his all on the pitch and he’s a very honest player on the pitch and in interviews.

he’s pretty horrible to play against - but find him quite likeable.

Milner all day long, played for Leeds, city and Liverpool, he’s clearly done that just to wind up United fans and he’s got a heed like a shit chip hazard.
he’s just so inoffensive! Given the clubs he’s played for, he really should be hated! I prefer to dislike Fowler who also played for the unholy trinity.

Halftrack

Same tbh (well mostly). Someone on here once said something like "I wouldn't be surprised if Son was actually a complete dick behind closed doors". I thought about it and then couldn't help agreeing. He still seems to have 90+% of people on his side though.
It's not his fault, but after everyone decided he was more deserving of sympathy than Andre Gomes, I haven't been able to stand the sight of the weepy cnut.

Thiagoal

Yeah! Mings all day for me! How the feck did he get an England cap too! Massively over rated, sloppy and a thug!

MartinRed

It's not his fault, but after everyone decided he was more deserving of sympathy than Andre Gomes, I haven't been able to stand the sight of the weepy cnut.
It is his fault.The dickines is written on his face.

OverratedOpinion

Why? There's nothing inherently unlikeable about him apart from being very good at football for the wrong club at the moment. He wouldn't even enter my thoughts if I think about unlikeable footballers.

Players I hated at Utd are the ones like Herrera who you'd just want to punch in the face even if they're doing absolutely nothing wrong. Those are players like Robertson that you love when they play for you but hate if they don't.
He is our best player and he moans to the referee a lot, also had a couple of high profile instances of making the most of a foul in the box.

I definitely get what you mean about Herrera. Bloody loved him :lol:

I love how this question could just as easily be "Opposition fans favourite player on their own team."