Most dislikeable players in the PL

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Can someone explain why Robertson is so disliked? Genuinely don't know anything about him. He does look slightly arrogant when he's on the pitch, but I guess that comes with being the best left back in the league.

luke511

Can someone explain why Robertson is so disliked? Genuinely don't know anything about him. He does look slightly arrogant when he's on the pitch, but I guess that comes with being the best left back in the league.
Very dirty player on the sly, intentionally kicks/stamps/elbows players in the aftermath of a tackle but always gets away with it.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Very dirty player on the sly, intentionally kicks/stamps/elbows players in the aftermath of a tackle but always gets away with it.
Thanks. I spend so much energy when watching Liverpool willing the opposition forward, that I miss these things.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Arsenal - Xhaka
Man United - Dean Henderson seems a bit of a gobshite, him or Greenwood.
Man City - Walker
Liverpool - Henderson
Chelsea- I can see why people don't like Azpi
Spurs - Son. That everyone loves him makes me dislike him.
Why Greenwood? Thought he was about as inoffensive as it gets. Can't imagine him saying or doing anything to opposition fans to make him dislikeable other than scoring against them

Fingeredmouse

The Zlatan incident was obviously deliberate, but the Reading one was clearly an accident. Football fans are so weird, always trying to see patterns in everything. He has a reputation of being a nice guy because off the pitch he genuinely is. Try listening to him speak. One of the most thoughtful and humble players in the league.
He's an absolute cnut.

Fingeredmouse

Ridiculous. You mention the words scrote, smack rat, dickhead, prick and so on and so forth (how old are you?) - chances are all of these superlatives are more suited to you than the players highlighted, please grow up. You’ll never forgive Mings for trying to deliberately injure Zlatan (something you will never be able to prove or explain with your limited vocabulary), but you condone Zlatan’s pathetic, neanderthal retaliation on the same day? As in 100% deliberate, elbow to the head-relatiation which could possibly harm the player with a high probability? Ok, again, says everything about you. An eye for an eye-mentality was super popular around 1000 years ago, not so much in 2021 if you want to be a decent member of modern society.
Thank you for this mature and socially responsible post. It's the kind of reasonable and proportionate response that'll hopefully drag all these childish ingrates up to your level of modern enlightenment. At least someone is thinking of the children.

Also, it might be best not to mock someone's vocabulary when you clearly don't know what the meaning of the word word "superlatives". Although, you have got me wondering what the superlative form of sanctimonious might be.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Dani Caballos. Walks around like he’s won everything and is really horrible to the youngsters.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Ooohhhh my kind of thread. Most of them are cnuts.

I think the whole Liverpool team. Special mentions to Robertson, Van Dijk, Salah and Shaquiri.

Grealish seems a bit of a twat and of course Mings.

Ings at Southampton seems as much of a dick as Oriol Romeu.

Pickford has probably been mentioned and Richarlison is also a bit of a nobhead.

Leeds are full of them, including that dislikeable shite up front, Bamford.

Phil Bardsley epitomises Barnsley. Not sure if he’s been mentioned yet.

Who’s the lump that’s sometimes up front for Sheffield United?

All of City’s counter attack stopping ball breakers.

The Oracle

He's a little scrote, I saw the "daddy" vid.
Never seen that video before, but just been on YouTube, and watched it.

I have to say, I always thought there was something off about Greenwood - and that video confirms what is off about him

...that he is in fact, as you say, 'a little scrote'. He gives it the big I am, but in actual fact he is mentally weak.

His form has dipped drastically since his shenanigans with Foden on England duty.

The difference being though, Foden has got his head down and is delivering for City - he's a mentally robust person, whereas Greenwood is a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He's a little scrote, I saw the "daddy" vid.

I have to say, I always thought there was something off about Greenwood - and that video confirms what is off about him

...that he is in fact, as you say, 'a little scrote'. He gives it the big I am, but in actual fact he is mentally weak.

His form has dipped drastically since his shenanigans with Foden on England duty.

The difference being though, Foden has got his head down and is delivering for City - he's a mentally robust person, whereas Greenwood is a rabbit caught in the headlights.
Horny 18 year old talking dirty to his girlfriend. Nothing really to see here. I'm sure he didn't expect her to put it on the Internet.

No idea how you think he gives it the 'big I am' as you say. He seems extremely quiet and if anything I think he could do with being more confident in himself. Foden is a couple of years older and had a kid when he was 18 so likely had to grow up a lot quicker than most his age.

TrustInOle

He is an intentionally dirty and sly player.

TrustInOle

Coincidentally his form also dipped after one of his friends committed suicide. Would mess with anyone's head let alone an 18 year old kid.

Gabriel Allon

Alexander-Arnold - those disgusting snapchat messages he sent always stick in my mind. I don’t care if he was only 20. He wasn’t 13. Not my sort of person, but then again not many football players seem to be. I also hate the stupid shape his hair is.

Robertson - rat

Deeney - an absolute idiot. Takes the piss when he gives these interviews where he tries to come across as ethical and philosophical. Everyone knows a knob like him.

Salah - can’t stand anything about this bloke

van Dijk - tries too hard to come across as cool. Totally self conscious and I reckon he’d eat himself if he could. The bloke loves himself far too much. Carried away with himself.

Jordan Henderson - could put a glass eye to sleep.

Probably forgetting a lot more from Liverpool.

Strats

My kind of thread this.

Jordan Henderson, Granit Xhaka and Mark Noble stand out for me.

Can't stand Lingard either on or off the pitch, can't wait until he's gone.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I know he's not in the PL, but he's such a cnut I think he should be on every cnut list ever made.

Jack Wilshere.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Henderson, Bernardo Silva, Shaw, Pogba, Phil Foden, Zaha, Wijnaldum, Van Djik and the list goes on..

Last edited:

lost7

Someone should make a thread about "most likeable players in the PL". I think it would be more interesting than one which is all about calling players "rats" and "scrotes" left and right :)

Giggs86

Son does look like that someone who used to be the teacher's favorite but also a snitch and a cnut behind everyone's back. But if someone like Son makes the list it's just a proof that there are way too many nice guys in football nowadays. 10-15 years ago those were the times when the PL was littered with proper cnuts.

Paul_Scholes18

No mention of Fernandinho? Such a dirty player.

Aguero hard to like as well. Can't stop remembering that late goal too.

I did not like Vardy before, but changed my mind about him a bit.

Mings is dirty like feck too and Xhaka.

Paul_Scholes18

Any players from your own team you cant really warm too ?
Tuanzebe. Just think he is rubbish and overhyped though.
Don't really dislike him though.

Bailly as well for his style of play.

I much rather see Jones if fit play than both of them, but that will never happen.
Jones need to go before them and Rojo too, but I rather see them play.

city-puma

Lamela!
Purely disgraceful.
No one is more low than him.
Complete con man.
Can’t forget what he did to Martial forever.

NICanRed

Surprised it took so long for someone to list Bernardo Silva - whines and complains about every decision.
Can't stand Lamela for what he did to Martial.

big rons sovereign

It's difficult to separate the shit players from the arseholes.

I loved Dennis Wise for example but totally get why everyone hates him.

If they put in 100% then I don't think i really dislike any ex player.
Dennis wise is a coward.