Most Excitement in Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I woke up this morning reading rumors and speculation on the Caf, Reddit, Twitter, etc. I can't help but notice the speculation of whether Jose will stay or go, and if we'll get a new start, is the most excitement I've felt about United since LVG left.

This whole tenure has been abysmal to watch on the pitch, and maybe off it as well (with Mourinho's dour demeanor). The transfer window and changing of the managing staff is all we've had to entertain ourselves since Fergie left. A bit pathetic for the club known for "attack, attack, attack".

Harold_Giles

I'm afraid our football won't get better until:
-we replace Valencia
-get a top class, ball playing, center half.
-get a quality right winger

Regardless of who's manager.

AshRK

Another guy who think jose leaving will solve everything. He is just a pawn and far from the major problem. Major problem is the board who do not know how to run a club. If you are not going to back the manager then just sack.him. I said the same in the other thread, Jose leaving will solve just some of the problem not all and we wont become world beaters suddenly

Dolf

Some people think that as soon as Jose leaves we will hire Zidane and instantly play amazing football and get results.
That’s not how any of this works.
2nd place last season was already an amazing result from Jose.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm not finding any of sort of excitement in this big pile mess. It's just a sad sorry state of affairs. There's been much better things to get excited about during Jose's run with us than this miserable period.

Danny

madness that he's still here to be honest
Could argue it'd be madness to get rid also? I think the result last night was a one off (hopefully).

I don't think just hiring another manager will suddenly turn the performances around. There may be an impact early on but they are the same players that have proved that aren't good enough.

red thru&thru

I think I understand where the optimism is coming from, from the OP but from a different angle.

I think the 5 years after SAF has shown us that we need to move with the times. Ed has been good to be fair. He was in charge if a lot of the restructure behind the scenes such as the youth acedemy set up, the new amount of scouts etc. He was responsible for the likes of McKenna coming to the club. We have also updated our facilities both at Carrington and at OT.

The last part of the jigsaw is maybe the first team. Bringing in the much needed DoF and planning our rise back to the top. We can now all see what is needed. Times are exciting in terms of, we can't be bad as we have been. We will now hopefully have a plan in place on how to come back stronger...
With or without Jose.

TsuWave

Could argue it'd be madness to get rid also? I think the result last night was a one off (hopefully).

I don't think just hiring another manager will suddenly turn the performances around. There may be an impact early on but they are the same players that have proved that aren't good enough.
my issues with the manager aren't based on yesterday only.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Somehow read this as most excrement in years.

For the outside world it's exciting times at United indeed. But as a United fan, surely it's just shite?

Smores

Another thread where someone just wants to be noticed. Sad

Varun

Staff
Go to the various other threads discussing this and take all that jizz with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.