Most important summer window in years (100-150m budget)

Rolaholic

This window did the job of finally exposing to the masses just what kind of club our current management aim to be and it's not the trophy winning kind

croadyman

This window did the job of finally exposing to the masses just what kind of club our current management aim to be and it's not the trophy winning kind
Yeah and now forced into putting Mason out on the RW with this guy as his backup

Infra-red

Expect a "United in the hunt for a Director of Football" story to drop about this time tomorrow.

Rolaholic

I think it was quite clear since late Mourinho but yes, even more apparent now.
It was clear to the hardcore fans for a while now but I feel like this is the year it's really become clear to the mainstream given the amount of public figures in the footballing world finally deciding to take their criticisms and frustrations over our state public in a much more pointed and direct way.

I hope the leeches in charge finally start feeling real pressure now given that the chances the business side will be affected by hits on the PR side are large and the former is all they really care about

Jonesno.8

So EFL transfers still possible ie we can still get rid if 1 or 2? I assume its buying or selling with a Champ club or lower? Jones to Championship, few loans out maybe. Shocker in terms of dead wood, one sale all the rest loans and only Darmian obligated to buy.

croadyman

So EFL transfers still possible ie we can still get rid if 1 or 2? I assume its buying or selling with a Champ club or lower? Jones to Championship, few loans out maybe. Shocker in terms of dead wood, one sale all the rest loans and only Darmian obligated to buy.
Still wouldn't rule out a move for Sarr,however obviously he isn't eligible for champions league

El-Manos

Window is shut now so time to forget about what we didn't get and concentrate on the five players we have signed
Ever heard of quality over quantity ? Only Telles was a must signing from that lot. We’ve been horrible and have every right to complain. We just lost 6-1 to Spurs, that’s the reality. The only positive is that nobody will have any expectations this season.

croadyman

Ever heard of quality over quantity ? Only Telles was a must signing from that lot. We’ve been horrible and have every right to complain. We just lost 6-1 to Spurs, that’s the reality. The only positive is that nobody will have any expectations this season.
Yeah I wanted the quality too but going to stupidly believe we can still get champions league football and then maybe get another shot at Sancho next summer,however my gut feeling is that we have probably missed our chance

El-Manos

Yeah I wanted the quality too but going to stupidly believe we can still get champions league football and then maybe get another shot at Sancho next summer,however my gut feeling is that we have probably missed our chance
Tough season ahead. Can’t even express my anger at the incompetence of our board to be honest. Fair enough if we deemed Sancho too expensive but at least get a suitable alternative!! What were we thinking chasing a dead deal for 3 months? There is literally no excuse for this.

croadyman

Tough season ahead. Can’t even express my anger at the incompetence of our board to be honest. Fair enough if we deemed Sancho too expensive but at least get a suitable alternative!! What were we thinking chasing a dead deal for 3 months? There is literally no excuse for this.
Yeah we are seriously taking a massive L on this one and no wonder has decided to step up his security

AshRK

We couldn't even sell rojo jones lingard. What a shit show of a window.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
We are the new arsenal.

But under Wenger at least they played good football

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very glad. United are facing a huge cash crunch this year and COVID will be debilitating many clubs financials. United have clearly taken the sensible approach here. Diallo and Pellistri look like wonder kids with their dribbling. United looking like Dortmund here if they actually pulled off bargains for potential superstars.

Delano

There was an article in The Athletic at the start of July that said our Net spend this summer will be £50m. I remember thinking at the time there is no way the board will stitch Ole up in that way... Turns out the story wasn't far off.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Every club is going through this, whatever ambitions they had for this window at the beginning of the year had to be re-assessed. It's a shame about Sancho, but overall they got what they could and the team has a bit more depth now and some other option with Cavani up front.

Chicharito_

Very glad. United are facing a huge cash crunch this year and COVID will be debilitating many clubs financials. United have clearly taken the sensible approach here. Diallo and Pellistri look like wonder kids with their dribbling. United looking like Dortmund here if they actually pulled off bargains for potential superstars.
Enjoy this positivity and agree with it, I don't think many are realising the financial impact COVID will have over the next year.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Enjoy this positivity and agree with it, I don't think many are realising the financial impact COVID will have over the next year.
Hope it gets worse and makes them cut and run. Club going nowhere for years and will continue to do so until they go.