Most overrated video/computer game ever?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Have a feeling I'll say Last of Us by the time I'm done. Hasn't lived up to the hype, halfway through.

Eddy_JukeZ

How about a franchise?

Call of Duty.

And I say this as a once massive COD fan.

But in reality, half of the titles since COD 4 have been arguably complete garbage.

Peanut Butter

Every Fifa game since 98
I don't think anyone overrates FIFA. It's pretty universally accepted that it's a bit crap. Loads of people buy it though every year because PES multiplayer and lack of stuff is underwhelming.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The metal gear series for me

I only enjoyed part 1.

Felt 2 was average, 3 a poor game (only played about 1/3rd of it) , 4 was pretty dire and couldn't get into 5

Peanut Butter

Is that because you think the story/worldbuilding/characters are overrated though?
The way every other post on Reddit's gaming section is about Witcher 3 baffles me.

The combat, the floaty way Geralt feels when he runs or fights, the shit boss fights, the hundreds of samey quests, I could go on and on. It's a decent game but hugely overrated by many.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
The way every other post on Reddit's gaming section is about Witcher 3 baffles me.

The combat, the floaty way Geralt feels when he runs or fights, the shit boss fights, the hundreds of samey quests, I could go on and on. It's a decent game but hugely overrated by many.
Never really read that Witcher's gameplay is amazing though, only that it's good for an open world ARPG.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Metal Gear Solid. GTA IV.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Halo is trash

But i would have to go with the Uncharted series. They're good games, but nowhere near the hype that they generate.

Unmutual

GTA IV. Niko and Jacob were cool, but the rest of the cast was dull or forgettable, the missions were by the numbers and the handling of the cars was really heavy. Also dating, bowling, darts, drinking and all that jazz close to ruined the game. Worst game in the series by a mile.

Also, shouts out to Halo for being an average shooter that got bigged up for no other reason than being an Xbox exclusive, and Zelda Skyward Sword for being the most tired & formulaic entry in the series' history and yet pulling universal 10/10 scores.

The Bloody-Nine

Oh shit, it's actually Breath of the Wild. No story, repetitive as shit, and a huge empty open world. Yet it garnered perfect scores across the board.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Destiny.

Any new Zelda/Mario release.

el3mel

I'll go on and say Fallout 4. Didn't like it much even though I love the RPG genre and spent a month to complete Witcher 3, I couldn't get myself to complete Fallout 4 story. The game was more about shooting than RPG elements and the shooting wasn't even that interesting. The exploration was good, though, but I felt it gets more credit than what it deserves when I played.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Di Maria's angel

In my opinion, Fallout 4 was horrible.

Nowadays, I don't get the hype around Call of Duty. Its now where near as good as it was 6 or 7 years ago.

The Bloody-Nine

What in particular do you not like about Halo?

I'm not massive on the single player, however, it's one of the best first person shooters around (Halo 1 - Halo 3)
I just find it bland and tedious. Maybe if I had played it when it first came out I'd think differently.

Di Maria's angel

I just find it bland and tedious. Maybe if I had played it when it first came out I'd think differently.
With certain games, my opinion on them is affected by nostalgia. In Halo's case, I remember playing it after school at my friends around 8 or 9 years ago. I have some great memories and, as FPS' go, it was almost flawless. Balanced, quick paced, variety in weapons, well constructed maps and nice visuals. I agree with the last point, what Halo games have you played?

The Bloody-Nine

With certain games, my opinion on them is affected by nostalgia. In Halo's case, I remember playing it after school at my friends around 8 or 9 years ago. I have some great memories and, as FPS' go, it was almost flawless. Balanced, quick paced, variety in weapons, well constructed maps and nice visuals. I agree with the last point, what Halo games have you played?
One, two and three. I bought five but never got around to playing it.

Single player only, by the way. Never played online.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Halo 1 still stands as a defining game of it's genre, no way that can be over rated. The others since though, yeah I completely agree.

The likes of Witcher 3 and Last of Us are also games I find people really do over praise, since the former has just so much that is mediocre at best, and the latter has gameplay that is ok and nothing more. However the sum of those games really are masterpieces so I totally get why they are so highly rated.

feck off with Mario Kart though :lol:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

Di Maria's angel

Halo 1 still stands as a defining game of it's genre, no way that can be over rated. The others since though, yeah I completely agree.

The likes of Witcher 3 and Last of Us are also games I find people really do over praise, since the former has just so much that is mediocre at best, and the latter has gameplay that is ok and nothing more. However the sum of those games really are masterpieces so I totally get why they are so highly rated.

feck off with Mario Kart though :lol:
I liked this post up until you said the every Halo bar the first is over rated. Halo 2 and 3 were awesome! In fact, I like them more than 1.

The Bloody-Nine

How the feck is Breath of the Wild repetitive? :lol:

The only limits in that game are your own imagination, people are still to this day finding new shit to do 100s of hours later!
Oh great, it's another combat shrine.

How is it NOT repetitive?