Most Pedestrian CM in the League?

luke511

A tactically terrible combination, it has to be the last time it's used. Between them there's zero pace defensively, neither of them close down the space quick enough, together combined it's like one big hole in our midfield on the counter attack. We need at least one engine in the defensive midfield, like Fred, doing the dirty work when we're defending.

Irrational.

I think it's more Pogba-Fernandes than Pogba-Matic.

Pogba and Fernandes seem to get in each other's way, and provide next to nothing defensively..

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’m sorry but when are we going to be allowed on here to state that Pogba is just crap without an angry mob defending him without a leg to stand on? He’s shown talent at United but feck me. He cannot do the simple things. He’s thick as feck. Matic is slow as feck.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Matic's legs have gone if that first half is anything to go by and Pogba pussying out of every 50/50 ain't helping either

forevrared

Pogba just strolls around doing nothing all the time. Matic is only effective if he has two energetic midfielders ahead of him. When Pogba isn't interested (which is most of the time), it makes Matic's shortcomings much more obvious.

izec

Pogba and Matic are terrible. A DM was needed and Pogba sold. Fred + a new DM and Bruno would be much better

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Horrible, I have said it before these two when together has zero press and intensity to win 2nd ball. Matic is slow, not mobile and doesn’t press. Pogba ball watching and lacks of tactical defending.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yes, I've been saying it pretty much since it was first used. It's never going to work.

Pogba should have gone this summer. He's just a problem now.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im over Pogba, sell him. Build the midfield around Fernandez and sign players to compliment him.

Lentwood

Pogba isn’t a CM, it’s as simple as that. Disastrous in that position. As bad as our defenders have been individually, I would love to see stats for goals with/without Pogba in that CM position

Falcow

Pogba is the common denominator.
We were fine until he came back I to the side. Please please please just leave. If we give him a new contract, we may as well just forget about it.

Look at how spurs played, they knew we were there for taking.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Sadly it was terrible selection. Too slow and too passive.

Matic cannot play against Athletic teams and spurs are one of the most athletic around.

Matic is class in the right setup ei low block teams defending us.

Ash_G

I think ideally we'd have a player who's more mobile than Matic but really I think the issue is Pogba. He's not good enough to carried in midfield in the way he wants to be and I really can't think of many players who could cover for him right now, everything he does is done at half pace. There's probably other ways to use him but in this set up with Bruno further up the pitch I think it is just leaving us exposed when we lose the ball which we tend to do.

Ludens the Red

It is absolutely astonishing that at this stage of this Pogba-Matic- Bruno midfield experiment that somehow our coaching staff still think it’s a good idea.
Absolutely scandalous.

Been about ten games now of it being overran and looking weak defensively and they still keep doing it.

Josep Dowling

Pogba has been crap this season and should have been dropped for Donny this game. Instead he knows his position is safe as he appears untouchable. Matic was surplus to requirement until he needed a nice new contract.

McTominay and Fred were doing very well before lockdown. That’s all been forgotten now.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This was the game to drop Pogba for Fred. But Ole is too soft or too scared to make that decision.

Matic is very good midfielder, but old and slow. Pogba though is not a midfielder.

Alejandro Angel

Pogba is the common denominator.
Pogba has talent but is just to frustrating he doesn't do enough and is always excused as not fit not he doesn't play in his best position and the players around him don't play well enough

Zen86

We were fine until he came back I to the side. Please please please just leave. If we give him a new contract, we may as well just forget about it.

Look at how spurs played, they knew we were there for taking.
Nobody actually wants him, that’s the problem. The Pogba cult seemingly overlook that obvious fact. He would’ve been gone by now if there were any serious bids, considering his agent’s very public agitation for a move a while back.

Dante

Average bang
Our best results have come with Fred + McTominay.

People assumed that Matic + Pogba would be a upgrade because they're both more naturally talented. Unfortunately, football doesn't work as transactionally as that.

I got care about hyped players with better stats on Football Manager or a bigger presence on social media. All I care about is players fit into the jigsaw puzzle.

Viral United

I just don't know what Pogba's role in squad,
He neither do enough defensively nor attacking wise. What's the point have him in team?

NinjaFletch

I’m sorry but when are we going to be allowed on here to state that Pogba is just crap without an angry mob defending him without a leg to stand on? He’s shown talent at United but feck me. He cannot do the simple things. He’s thick as feck. Matic is slow as feck.
Hey, that's not fair, he had a good 30 minutes in the Caraboa Cup, everything is fine again.

Falcow

Nobody actually wants him, that’s the problem. The Pogba cult seemingly overlook that obvious fact. He would’ve been gone by now if there were any serious bids, considering his agent’s very public agitation for a move a while back.
Correct unfortunately. I remember getting slated on here a while back saying klopp or pep would not have him in their side. PSG is our only hope now or maybe Pirlo. Dont think ZZ would be stupid enough to buy him.

I would take Fred or mctominay any day of the week over him. How shit does he have to be before ole drops him.

Zen86

Pogba has talent but is just to frustrating he doesn't do enough and is always excused as not fit not he doesn't play in his best position and the players around him don't play well enough
Having talent isn’t enough to be a top footballer. He arguably has it all; skill, pace, strength, vision.. he’s just not very good at utilising any of it.

RD94

Pogba and Matic are at fault for this performance.For this,Brighton and Crystal Palace.Same midfield,same problems.Immobile,awfully slow in build up,no intensity at all.

TommiHelm

4231 just don't work with Pogba and Matic, that's rather apparent by now. I dunno why we have to keep trying it. Matic is good when he's the lone man in front of the defense (amazing at his best in fact), and Pogba equally when he's behind the attackers, or even as a normal central midfielder with an anchor behind him. We should play 41212 or 4123 instead with the players we have in my opinion. Would love to for once just see us try a diamond like Matic - Pogba - VdB - Bruno with 2 strikers, or just Matic behind Pogba/Bruno with 3 strikers. But never gonna happen I guess.

The_Midfielder

Pogba and Matic are at fault for this performance.For this,Brighton and Crystal Palace.Same midfield,same problems.Immobile,awfully slow in build up,no intensity at all.
This

I would put Fred/Mctominay next game

Cathy Ferguson

We need Partey a thousand times more than we need Sancho.

Pogba and Matic are too slow and will drag us down to midtable level.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The entire shape of our midfield is a problem. We either had to sell Pogba, or not sign Bruno for me. In January, we should have been adding a top class Herrera replacement IF Ole planned to persist with Pogba being central to his plans. If he didn’t, then Bruno for sure was the signing to come in. However, planning to build a 3 with the two of them was suicide, and completing that 3 with Matic, even more so.

Right now, our two biggest money signings in Pogba and Maguire are not fitting into this team well at all, and the defensive phase of our game is the worst. The balance in the midfield is the key though. Pogba cannot defend, and right now, he can’t even pass either. Was saying last season that we will not get anywhere with the midfield that we have. Good players as individuals, but as a unit, does not work one bit. It cannot protect a defence at all.