Most ridiculous sendings off in football...

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm team "Oh, he heard it alright.".
Same but I don't think he booted the ball hard enough to get sent off. Basically gave it back to Valdes in a sort of roundabout way (assume he took the freekick).

Lest we forget our conspiracy theories, this was the height of Barcelona getting favourable decisions in the Champions League and it was a bit like 'hmm yes, that makes a lot sense'.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm team "Oh, he heard it alright.".
i think he probably did but he was already beginning his movement for the shot, and he didn't even kick it into the stands, just an attempt and the game would have restarted quickly. plus you add the big stage and the tension in that tieat that moment... ridiculous sending off.

Denis' cuff

Game finished 2-2. Irwin tried to keep the ball in play. Never a booking and he missed the FA Cup Final as a result.

Sir Alex was incandescent afterwards. If he could have taken hold of Ellery's arse cheeks and pulled them up over his head, I'm sure he would have!
What a cnut Elleray was. Worse than Graham (I’m not an arsenal fan) Poll. Never failed to send a United player off for the slightest excuse. You think of the shit they got away with and then they get gifted the Ince penalty.

I can think of 2x nailed on red cards that Carragher got away with (fouls on Owen & Carrick no pen given) and Gerrard’s arrogance in thinking he was bullet proof because he’d got away with it so often esp at anfailed, actually believed he could just come on and put one on Herrera. Ander was cute enough to make sure the ref and everyone watching knew what happened by pointing an accusatory finger at the cnut. Ref had little option (although that didn’t stop them numerous times before) and the idiot got his dues a few seconds after thinking he’d be the hero.

Some crackers in this thread.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
A Celtic player crossed the ball once and it hit the ref who then sent him off :lol:

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
In all the time I've watched football I have never been so outraged and filled with absolute rage as I did with the Nani sending off against Real.

I still haven't properly accepted it and moved on.

i honestly believe that I would not be able to control myself if I were to randomly bump into that Turkish ref.

Whenever he's reffing a game I cannot help shouting at the TV like a mad man. No Joke.

I hate that midget feck more than anybody in world football.
I hate cnut as well. Im still angry as well.

Jev

Fletcher v Arsenal not mentioned yet? Missed a CL final due to a clean tackle, felt so sorry for him. Around the 14 minute mark here:

NWRed

At the other end of the spectrum, this only got a yellow :eek: