Most useless CEO ever in the history of football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crustanoid

Based on resources at their disposal, potential of the team they’re in charge of, transfers made, handling of contracts, precision of their transfer dealings, having the infrastructure around them to make the transfers needed to make a good job of their football team.

Basically Ed wins this hands down?

Congrats Ed, you’re a winner

fezzerUTD

Based on resources at their disposal, potential of the team they’re in charge of, transfers made, handling of contracts, precision of their transfer dealings, having the infrastructure around them to make the transfers needed to make a good job of their football team.

Easy to point the finger at him as he is over seeing everything. Is he directly involved in transfers who knows. If he is then yeh he's from a fans point of view at least a poor CEO.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I approve of this thread. Put his name in the thread title as well, though.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Excellent. A well overdue thread for discussing Ed Woodward's failings. Finally.

Tarrou

shill-army will arrive shortly to inform us Ed’s doing a fine job

SCJY

Our chinless wonder may just very well be the worst CEO, period.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This site never fails to amaze me.

How someone can have 16,000+ posts, and been here for a decade, yet threads like this are the first time you ever notice them.

Fooza

I'll reserve judgement till the 8th Aug (my opinion of noodle Ed is already very low as it is)

C'est Moi Cantona

Easy to point the finger at him as he is over seeing everything. Is he directly involved in transfers who knows. If he is then yeh he's from a fans point of view at least a poor CEO.
Well he is clearly directly involved with transfers, but even if he wasn't as the guy who is 'overseeing everything', the buck stops with him.

The more threads about how crap this guy is the better for me, some about why the Glazers still have here would be even better.

LJJT

No. Your wrong. Let’s swap him for Arsenal’s owners or half the teams gone bust? Running man United isn’t that easy like every one makes out on here

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Peter Ridsdale?

Technically Chairman, but totally butchered Leeds with his financial mismanagement

Fosu-Mens

Well he is clearly directly involved with transfers, but even if he wasn't as the guy who is 'overseeing everything', the buck stops with him.

To everyone on the outside looking in he has been an unquestionable disaster for us since SAF left, but the people that matter clearly think very differently, their motives are pretty clear now.
Not that I disagree with the notion that Woody is terrible for the club, but given that he is appointed by the Glazers and thus must work to fulfil their goals, then it stands to reason that his number one priority is not what happens on the pitch. If the Glazers first and foremost wanted the club to perform on the pitch rather than off it, then he would most likely never have been appointed as a CEO.

Point being: One should evaluate a person in his role based on what his employer wants/job description.

As a side note: Regardless of what the Glazers wants him to do he should still have been able to get more out of the money spent on transfers and wages. And when evaluating him based on these elements in isolation then he might be the worst CEO(from an on-pitch performance pov) at a top club in the last 10 years.

United_We_Stand

I'll reserve judgment until the transfer window closes, and if the (net) 100m transfer budget turns out to be true, you should direct your frustration toward the Glazers, not Woodward. I'm sure it's Joel Glazer, not Woodward who sets the transfer budget.

And to answer your question, Bayern fans think Hoeneß and Rummenigge are the worst executives in the history of football.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, this really needed a seperate thread, alright... And am all for bashing him.

Also, putting this in a United forum kinda hints at your answer before you open it.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This adds nothing new to what is being discussed in other threads already.

Close shutters

Status
Not open for further replies.