MotD 2020/2021

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We needed a thread for this year.

Dunno what they were on about there saying that wasn’t a red. He knew the guy was there and swung his leg as high as it can go, missing the ball and twatting him stud first square in the face. He didn’t try to hurt him but it couldn’t have been more careless. Could’ve easy broke his nose.

matys

I just watched analysis of our game and wonder why they don't use that wide-angle camera during matches. It looks great and gives a better view of other players movement.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Darren fletcher refreshing to listen to, just straight clear analysis, I’d prefer to see him all over BT or Sky than some of the melts they have

Chief123

I just watched analysis of our game and wonder why they don't use that wide-angle camera during matches. It looks great and gives a better view of other players movement.

I wouldn’t mind it as an interactive option but as a primary televised camera it’s too far from the play. It’s difficult to see which player it is. It’s a bit like playing FIFA on co-op camera :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I wouldn’t mind it as an interactive option but as a primary televised camera it’s too far from the play. It’s difficult to see which player it is. It’s a bit like playing FIFA on co-op camera :lol:
I love the coop camera on fifa.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

For a game so tied to TV money it's amazing how traditional the camera work remains despite the opportunities brought by technology and loads of cash. As well as your example above, any free-kick or penalty looks better with a straight on from behind view, yet just about every director shits the bed and reverts to the half-way line viewpoint, saving the good stuff for the replays.

Darren fletcher refreshing to listen to, just straight clear analysis, I’d prefer to see him all over BT or Sky than some of the melts they have
Yeah, he is miles ahead of any other pundit I've heard speaking recently.

diarm

The absolute state of Hojberg's interview after the game :lol:

Giving it the big "when you're the number 1 team in the country you are the biggest game of the season for every opponent!"

They've been top for about 10 minutes. Spurs could be in the cup final and still not be anybody else's cup final.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Glad they didn’t give that penalty from Fabiniho. Clueless modern fan cath members claiming that was a pen. Got the ball.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool

Giving it the big "when you're the number 1 team in the country you are the biggest game of the season for every opponent!"

They've been top for about 10 minutes. Spurs could be in the cup final and still not be anybody else's cup final.
Found that quite funny myself. I like how they have a "1st TEAM" badge on their club jackets too just to remind us all they're the seniors at the club and the number 1 team in the land.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

That's cringy to say the least

UmbroDays

Glad they didn’t give that penalty from Fabiniho. Clueless modern fan cath members claiming that was a pen. Got the ball.
I thought this until Graeme Souness even said it was a penalty when shown from the 3rd angle.

He takes the labs left foot just before planting it then he gets the ball

It’s a pen.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
They opened tonight's episode by showing all 9 of Utd's goals again immediately after the titles.

Clearly all the grief they got for going on about VAR after last night's highlights had an impact.

Good.

Heinzesight

Opening our game with footage of actual horseshit referencing our games against the top six!

Not wrong though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone else find Jenas really aggressive tonight? Kept butting in and trying to talk over Keown. I know he's in love with Spurs but he could take it down a notch every now and again.

Northstand

Anyone else find Jenas really aggressive tonight? Kept butting in and trying to talk over Keown. I know he's in love with Spurs but he could take it down a notch every now and again.
Ha, yes, completely agree. We’ve seen similar punditry on Sky often enough, with the likes of Keane, Souness etc, but it somehow seemed a little out of place for MOTD.

AltiUn

Ha, yes, completely agree. We’ve seen similar punditry on Sky often enough, with the likes of Keane, Souness etc, but it somehow seemed a little out of place for MOTD.
Think the NLD must've got under his skin.

redrobed

I actually forgot Jenas played for Spurs - I like him as a pundit but it was a really im memorable playing career

AltiUn

Our 'experts' this evening, Jermaine Jenus and Alex Scott.

Good grief.
I'm sure we can expect a reasonable and level-headed analysis from Jenas. To add insult to injury we're not even the first game on tonight.

TsuWave

did they really have to show that 1-6 montage? feckin hell

Doracle

First “highlight” Pogba on Aurier. Sensible commentary - nothing in that at all. What’s the betting that there will be a different view in the studio?

Doracle

I didn’t notice earlier that Pogba did exactly the same as McT with a handoff to Dier in the buildup to the 3rd. Difference being Dier didn’t go down clutching his face.

TsuWave

it's a natural movement to protect the ball. Jenas said as much, as a midfielder you instinctively have that motion, it's to shield and to get away. football is still a physical game.

AltiUn

Commentator not applauding Cavani's goal saving clearance and almost berating him for nearly scoring an own goal :houllier:

El Zoido

Jenas actually speaking a lot of sense. It’s the end of days.