MotD 2020/2021

Fluctuation0161

Little segment on Cavani and Greenwood - the master and the apprentice - on MOTD was very enjoyable to watch. Shearer absolutely purring about the pair of them. He may be a bit annoying as a pundit but he was a legitimately brilliant striker so coming from him that sort of praise means a lot.
Absolutely.

Just a shame we have to listen to that moron Jenas.

croadyman

Absolutely.

Just a shame we have to listen to that moron Jenas.
Very true but at least he suggested that Southgate should take him as something different to Kane, Rashford & Calvert-Lewin, having said that with this injury to Maguire my fear is that he will now want defensive cover instead.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Smith's post match interview, what a fecking moron :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Smith's post match interview, what a fecking moron :lol:
Pathetic interview. "Sterling was touched so many times, Pogba was touched only once." What sort of logic is that, moron.

Sterling should have had penalty too, doesn't mean Villa players can keep on kicking Pogba all the time.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pathetic interview. "Sterling was touched so many times, Pogba was touched only once." What sort of logic is that, moron.

Sterling should have had penalty too, doesn't mean Villa players can keep on kicking Pogba all the time.
How anyone can claim it might not have been a penalty is beyond me....Smith called is a pathetic decision! Wtf. He’s surely the only person on earth who thinks it wasn’t a penalty

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How anyone can claim it might not have been a penalty is beyond me....Smith called is a pathetic decision! Wtf. He’s surely the only person on earth who thinks it wasn’t a penalty
Exactly, it wasn't even like the penalty in the return leg (which was also clear penalty) where the contact was obvious in the slow motion. Luiz clearly kicked Pogba and it's as clear cut as it gets.

acnumber9

And yet thought Watkins shouldn’t have been booked for diving despite clear evidence he dived. He’s just a bit of a twat.

pav1790

I went back to watch the incident with Watkins again - because it was soon after Cavani goal sometimes it's easy to miss the details. At no point is it obvious that he was going to control it, he does not even attempt to control it because he sees Deano's long leg is there already. During the fall he positions his body as best as he can to get contact with Deano but doesn't get it because he was too far to begin with. Goes through with his swan dive anyway, stays down and cheekily looks back at the ref as if asking for a penalty. To his credit he does not simulate injury - he at least has common sense enough to not writhe around in fictional pain and that's all I can say.

I say on principal it's warranted. A tad bit harsh because it was a second yellow but I would also accept it if it was one of ours getting that second yellow. And I would certainly not be a twat about it like Dean Smith was.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Dion Dublin is fantastic, should be getting Koewn's minutes who is clueless and a cnut.
Known has this amazing ability where you think he sounds intelligent because of the way he speaks but when you listen carefully he actually says feck all

Oranges038

Keown shouldn't be working on television, especially football when he doesn't even do the basic homework.

Ah now, him and the lads have to earn back that money from when they paid off their tax bills for all the movies they made. What better way to do it than to earn that money back off the people who pay the TV license fee.

big rons sovereign

Linekar kissing peps arse.
He's come to city and taken the most expensive squad in the world and rebuilt them into the most expensive squad in the world.
And he's managed to do that on the meagre budget of an oil state.
Scraping by with a brand new defence every summer.
It's an incredible feat and nothing short of genius.