MOTD 2022/2023

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Quite telling that there's isn't a MOTD thread yet and we're into PL game week 3. (unless i've missed it?)

I must admit, I usually skip MOTD when we don't win so its been quite a while since I last saw it. No idea if Linekar is still the host and who the pundits are.

IrishRedDevil

Still Lineker and the usual cronies.

I watched it on Saturday night for the first time, due to no United to spoil my night.

I’m loving my life

They put the table up at the end, went through the various teams that had been playing yesterday and where they were. Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle etc. Completely ignored Liverpool.

Their final montage was all dedicated to Arsenal and Newcastle winning-apparently the headline of the day.

Objectively at least the Liverpool Brighton game, disregarding who was playing (one of the ‘top’ teams and another team who are overachieving and doing great things) should have been the headline. If this was a result that involved us, we would be front and centre, our decline being pulled apart inch by inch.

It really is ridiculous the way in which the media covers us vs Liverpool

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I didn't catch the end of Notts Forest and Pool. Mental!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Casemiro class, says Danny. Great watch. Crikey look at Leicester at the bottom of the table.
Edit: I still like Lineker as a presenter.

Chief123

Michal Antonio on MOTD straight after playing today. :eek:

Surely has to be the first time a player has played and appeared on MOTD on the same day?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Michal Antonio on MOTD straight after playing today. :eek:

Surely has to be the first time a player has played and appeared on MOTD on the same day?
MOTD studio is in Salford, isn't it? I guess it's the only way to make it work if they've wanted him on for a while. It's a bit odd (in a good way, because I enjoyed watching it) seeing him analyse his own performance.

Chief123

MOTD studio is in Salford, isn't it? I guess it's the only way to make it work if they've wanted him on for a while. It's a bit odd (in a good way, because I enjoyed watching it) seeing him analyse his own performance.
Yeah it’s in Salford quays which ain’t too far from the ground. Yeah it was actually refreshing to watch as you can just see he’s straight up and honest.

Would be great to get more players on from the days matches.

Chairman Steve

Apparently they got a bit upset last night when people accused them of doing commentary in post-production

I’ve always thought it was a post-production due to how obnoxiously convenient their commentary lines were at times, like ‘Johnny Foreigner the right-back hasn’t scored in 4 years and he’d love to get one today…. Oh he scored!’

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Apparently they got a bit upset last night when people accused them of doing commentary in post-production

I’ve always thought it was a post-production due to how obnoxiously convenient their commentary lines were at times, like ‘Johnny Foreigner the right-back hasn’t scored in 4 years and he’d love to get one today…. Oh he scored!’
Nah they have game feeds where the commentate all the matches and then they edit them into a short 5-10min segment.

Gazza

I’m not convinced that they NEVER do stuff in post production to clean up commentary for a particular incident at that moment. But don’t think they do all of it in post production, otherwise there’s no way the commentary could still be so bland and nondescript.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Jonathan Pierce's commentary definitely used to sound like it was done post-production. He always seemed to have a convenient take for big incidents. Sometimes when something big happened but it wasn't clear until we saw replays, he always seemed to know exactly what happened and self-congratulated himself when the replays confirmed his 'suspicions'.

It could just be confirmation bias on my part, but he was the main reason I was always suspected the commentary being edited in post-production.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
MOTD2 just started. I reckon it's going to be a good ebening. :angel:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Jonathan Pierce's commentary definitely used to sound like it was done post-production. He always seemed to have a convenient take for big incidents. Sometimes when something big happened but it wasn't clear until we saw replays, he always seemed to know exactly what happened and self-congratulated himself when the replays confirmed his 'suspicions'.

It could just be confirmation bias on my part, but he was the main reason I was always suspected the commentary being edited in post-production.
You're 100% right. Used to always think the same with Pearce

MUFC OK

I don’t know why but I found this very funny.

FireballXL5

Getting themselves in a tizzy over Bruno's goal. No other team gets this nonsense.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I think Rashford was interfering to a degree, but Richards and Wright have made the absolute worst arguments and have been spectacularly off base with everything they’ve said.

Are there really no actual experts these shows can get on? Why do we have to listen to morons struggle to verbalise a thought?

crossy1686

career ending
I think Rashford was interfering to a degree, but Richards and Wright have made the absolute worst arguments and have been spectacularly off base with everything they’ve said.

Are there really no actual experts these shows can get on? Why do we have to listen to morons struggle to verbalise a thought?
For me, the goal is up there with stuff like when the corner taker secretly takes the corner and leaves it for the next guy to dribble into the box while no one's ready. It's allowed and its the other teams fault for switching off.

ShinjiNinja26

Getting themselves in a tizzy over Bruno's goal. No other team gets this nonsense.
Aye it’s very annoying. If it was Liverpool they would simply accept the officials decision and move swiftly on, but with us they’ve got to make a big song and dance about it to try and take the shine off the result. Just take their bitterness as a compliment, that’s what I do.

TsuWave

their manchester derby coverage came down to:

goal shouldn't have stood
how City should use Haaland

edit - they did also make mention of our defensive organisation

Zen86

their manchester derby coverage came down to:

goal shouldn't have stood
how City should use Haaland

edit - they did also make mention of our defensive organisation
Yeah don’t forget the 15 seconds dedicated to our defensive line.