MOTD 2022/2023

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’d add to that, if we won the champions league and premier league in the next two seasons and then the following season someone asked me would I rather win the league cup or beat Liverpool 7 or 8 nil, I’d be taking that win thanks, small time or not, that would be a good day

Gazza

After you’ve won the league and champions league the last few seasons the carling cup really isn’t all that.

A bit different for us at the moment as we’ve won feck all for years and hopefully the league cup is a stepping stone towards more, not a consolation prize
Nah, I get your argument but one result against a rival just never means more than your club winning a trophy, it just doesn't. That suggests you care more about getting one over on your rivals than you do about your own club winning things. It's just bizarre.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Nah, I get your argument but one result against a rival just never means more than your club winning a trophy, it just doesn't. That suggests you care more about getting one over on your rivals than you do about your own club winning things. It's just bizarre.
I see your argument too, guess there’s no right or wrong but I’d just like to put a massive number on Liverpool one day, it’s something we’ve never done and I really don’t rate the league cup all that much, it wasn’t taken serious for years.

Gazza

I see your argument too, guess there’s no right or wrong but I’d just like to put a massive number on Liverpool one day, it’s something we’ve never done and I really don’t rate the league cup all that much, it wasn’t taken serious for years.
I will agree with you in the sense that it does bother me that we have never given Liverpool a battering like they have given us in my lifetime. Closest was 4-0 at OT in 2003 but they played 85 minutes with 10 men. So yeah I would love to see us absolutely batter them at least once while I'm alive. Then again, we beat Arsenal 8-2 and I don't look back on that match with the sort of fond memories that I do from, say, the 4-2 win we had against them at Highbury in 2005. So yeah I guess context matters and there's no right or wrong, like you say!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I will agree with you in the sense that it does bother me that we have never given Liverpool a battering like they have given us in my lifetime. Closest was 4-0 at OT in 2003 but they played 85 minutes with 10 men. So yeah I would love to see us absolutely batter them at least once while I'm alive. Then again, we beat Arsenal 8-2 and I don't look back on that match with the sort of fond memories that I do from, say, the 4-2 win we had against them at Highbury in 2005. So yeah I guess context matters and there's no right or wrong, like you say!
It’ll happen for us!

LR7

Whilst I didn’t rewatch any of the match, I skipped to the analysis part of MoTD (only because my Dad said he’d watched it and felt it added a little clarity). I had watched the full game on Sunday, but didn’t really absorb what was actually happening after a certain point. A lot of the focus of the analysis was on Antony’s lack of defensive duties. It’s not an unfair conclusion, but it was certainly a collective capitulation rather than attributable to any one or two inviduals (and they did highlight others too in fairness).

croadyman

Yesterday's game and result feels better, or more unique, than the two cups which we won last season. The same ones your "record breaking" manager has already won and is chasing this season.
The aim now is to see if we can replicate your treble of 2001 which quite honestly I would take,still have to go through minimum of City/Arsenal and probably Juve/Roma to make it happen which won't be easy

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I’d add to that, if we won the champions league and premier league in the next two seasons and then the following season someone asked me would I rather win the league cup or beat Liverpool 7 or 8 nil, I’d be taking that win thanks, small time or not, that would be a good day
I think you're in the minority with that one. United winning as many trophies as possible please.

Real Name

I don’t usually agree with you but do here and know where you’re coming from, even if you are on a slight wind up. Try telling some of our fans you feel that way and they’ll say you’re lying
He's always on a wind up.

We should ask him if it will be more unique if they dont get top 4 possibly this season.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He's always on a wind up.

We should ask him if it will be more unique if they dont get top 4 possibly this season.
I know, I don’t know how he and that njred guy avoided the cull to be honest

TheReligion

Abusive
Yesterday's game and result feels better, or more unique, than the two cups which we won last season. The same ones your "record breaking" manager has already won and is chasing this season.
As unique as winning a league title in an empty stadium I imagine and not having a parade :drool:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The best sports watching experience of my childhood is Eurosport showing tennis without commentators where it almost felt you were watching live (or as close as possible without the real thing).

Wilt

Won’t happen but I’d like to see them all sacked and open up the jobs to the public.

There has to be talent out there who‘ll never get a chance because they’re not in the who you know club or already famous.

432JuanMata

Won’t happen but I’d like to see them all sacked and open up the jobs to the public.

There has to be talent out there who‘ll never get a chance because they’re not in the who you know club or already famous.
In sick of pundits being ex players like Souness saying Casemiro wasn’t that good or Carragher saying Lucha WILL struggle because of his height not even saying he could but he will.

I don’t really like Mark Goldbridge but he brought up something Tim Sherwood said, he said “Pedro Porro wasn’t even that good at Benfica” now to say that you have to obviously watch him which he didn’t as he played for Lisbon not Benfica

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It’s a bit like when Trump gutted the EPA in America. People need to stand with the BBC and Lineker, Wright and Shearer etc, while separating the organisation and the programme from the toadies who’ve been inserted by the ruling party. Those scumbags are on borrowed time, anyway. Hopefully this is another nail in the Tory coffin.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It’s a bit like when Trump gutted the EPA in America. People need to stand with the BBC and Lineker, Wright and Shearer etc, while separating the organisation and the programme from the toadies who’ve been inserted by the ruling party. Those scumbags are on borrowed time, anyway. Hopefully this is another nail in the Tory coffin.
this

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Utter disgrace from the BBC, who should now be called the BPC - the British Propaganda Corporation. It's the sort of sh!t I'd expect from (K)GB News.

Breakfast News had some oaf saying Lord Sugar calling on people to support Johnson was different because The Apprentice is "heavily scripted and pre-recorded". (a) What difference does that make? and (b) Does he think MoTD (except for rare occasions such as the FA Cup) is not pre-recorded?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Utter disgrace from the BBC, who should now be called the BPC - the British Propaganda Corporation. It's the sort of sh!t I'd expect from (K)GB News.

Breakfast News had some oaf saying Lord Sugar calling on people to support Johnson was different because The Apprentice is "heavily scripted and pre-recorded". (a) What difference does that make? and (b) Does he think MoTD (except for rare occasions such as the FA Cup) is not pre-recorded?
100% agree. They have as usual taken an action without thinking about the consequences.
Not a big fan of MOTD. But millions seem to be so this is a huge embarrassment for the BBC.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think you'll find there are commentators if they use the "worldwide feed" as they say they will
Isn't that always Jim Beglin and some other cnut. This may not be the dream people think it is.

Flying high

Well said.

Chairman Steve

Regardless of how you feel about the politics behind the situation, I personally believe this is going to be an early nail in the coffin for MOTD as a highlights show. Anybody below 40 years old knows they can go to YouTube or Twitter for every goal and 3 minute highlight packages are going to be up within an hour of the game finishing. I remember as far back as 2005, that people were posting GIFs of goals as they went in on football forums.

So what’s the point of it if it’s already out there? If it’s punditry you’re in it for then there’s so many mediums for that now. Journalists are providing insight via Twitter. Pundits post opinions via social media. There’s fan channels who know a lot more about their clubs than your average TV pundit might, especially the smaller teams where your average TV pundit is a deer in the headlights. You think Ian Wright and Alan Shearer know the intricacies of a team like Crystal Palace as opposed to one of the big teams like United, Liverpool or Arsenal who are always in the spotlight?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Regardless of how you feel about the politics behind the situation, I personally believe this is going to be an early nail in the coffin for MOTD as a highlights show. Anybody below 40 years old knows they can go to YouTube or Twitter for every goal and 3 minute highlight packages are going to be up within an hour of the game finishing. I remember as far back as 2005, that people were posting GIFs of goals as they went in on football forums.

So what’s the point of it if it’s already out there? If it’s punditry you’re in it for then there’s so many mediums for that now. Journalists are providing insight via Twitter. Pundits post opinions via social media. There’s fan channels who are know a lot more about their clubs than your average TV pundit might, especially the smaller teams where your average TV pundit is a deer in the headlights. You think Ian Wright and Alan Shearer know the intricacies of a team like Crystal Palace as opposed to one of the big teams like United, Liverpool or Arsenal who are always in the spotlight?
A decent game merits more than 3 minutes of highlights. Until Youtube can match MOTD there it's still pretty handy to me.

Josh 76

So what’s the point of it if it’s already out there? If it’s punditry you’re in it for then there’s so many mediums for that now. Journalists are providing insight via Twitter. Pundits post opinions via social media. There’s fan channels who know a lot more about their clubs than your average TV pundit might, especially the smaller teams where your average TV pundit is a deer in the headlights. You think Ian Wright and Alan Shearer know the intricacies of a team like Crystal Palace as opposed to one of the big teams like United, Liverpool or Arsenal who are always in the spotlight?
Good post

IrishRedDevil

I’m early 30’s. I don’t go on Twitter or YouTube. I like all games in a row on the television.