Mourinho: “Bruno had 20 penalties to score”

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This would be a good post if he hadn't won 2 Champions Leagues, 2 Europa Leagues, 3 Premier Leagues, 1 La Liga, 2 Serie A, Fa Cup, 3 League Cup, Coppa Italia, Copa del Rey.

Nonsense post, considering that list.

Also, people are way too serious. I am surprised people can get any enjoyment out of football like that. The man is clearly joking.

It is the people on here who seem to have the problem.
:lol:

fps

I don’t understand, which part of this is meant to be him being bitter? I’m not reading it that way.

MiracleInMadrid

What constitutes a good penalty taker surely is his goal-to-attempt ratio rather than how many chances he gets? In Mourinhos world, if Bruno scored 100 out of 100 penalties he wouldn't necessarily consider him good at it, because he got 100 attempts? Flawless logic, Jose.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
What constitutes a good penalty taker surely is his goal-to-attempt ratio rather than how many chances he gets? In Mourinhos world, if Bruno scored 100 out of 100 penalties he wouldn't necessarily consider him good at it, because he got 100 attempts? Flawless logic, Jose.
He’s literally saying he’s one of the best in the world at it.

Bwuk

Scenes when Bruno wins the golden boot next season purely from penalties.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Loving it. He winds you lads up so much.
We've all gone through this phase mate, having to force ourselves to believe he's some evil mastermind brilliant wind-up merchant who thinks deeply and very carefully before he speaks.

In 18 months he'll be in charge of some other club and he'll have an unprovoked pop at Spurs, and you'll be in here like; "what a bitter old man"

roonster09

Scout
Loving it. He winds you lads up so much.
You look like old man who is obsessed with us and keep repeating the same thing everywhere, fecking hell take a break.

jackal&hyde

He is a very sad man pretending he is still in control. One of the worst downfalls i've seen from a manager.

Kag

Is he actually funny, though? I hear this often. I heard it when he walked around the Allianz in Italy holding three fingers in the air.

“What a laugh is our Jose”. Really, he just looked like a massive penis.

Listar

:lol: He doesn't get why we got so many penalties.
The concept is so foreign to him.

That's what happen when you play more attacking creative football and more flair players.

Wish he would start improving and adapt his football, but he won't, too stubborn with his narcissistic beliefs.
That is true to some extent. Maybe previously he had that going for him without VAR. But with VAR it somehow favours the offensive because an obvious foul in the box will be punished. More time spent in opposition box higher chances of getting a pen. The more time spent defending in your own box the higher chances you will concede a pen.

roonster09

Scout
Is he actually funny, though? I hear this often. I heard it when he walked around the Allianz in Italy holding three fingers in the air.

Don't worry, his fans will argue it's a good looking penis.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's much less shitty to takes digs at clubs above you.

Bad winners are far worse than bad losers.
Bad winners can fall on the fact that they're winning though.

Bad losers can fall on..... nothing

Mourinho's digs are better when he's more successful or at least competing for league titles.

EricEricDjembaDjemba

He was with us for two and a bit seasons and some of you still don;t get his sense of humour? Those comments are completely tongue in cheek. He loves United.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You look like old man who is obsessed with us and keep repeating the same thing everywhere, fecking hell take a break.
The irony is incredible here. You lads are the ones starting new threads when Jose makes a comment about Utd. How many pages is the Jose Mourinho Spurs Manager thread at now (104)? It's you lot that are obsessed with him. At least I have an excuse to be interested as he is now my team's manager.

tob

Those three fingers seems to be his thing. Remember the press-conference after we lost 3-0 at Old Trafford? He hold those three fingers up, meaning he had won three Premierships and therefor demanded respect.

roonster09

Scout
The irony is incredible here. You lads are the ones starting new threads when Jose makes a comment about Utd. How many pages is the Jose Mourinho Spurs Manager thread at now (104)? It's you lot that are obsessed with him. At least I have an excuse to be interested as he is now my team's manager.
Eh? In the biggest ManUtd forum, thread on ex manager is created and that too when he spoke about current ManUtd player but somehow Spurs fan on Manutd forum is saying we are obsessed :lol:

Looks like middle stage of Josetites when you can't see the logic when it slaps you right on the face.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Eh? In the biggest ManUtd forum, thread on ex manager is created and that too when he spoke about current ManUtd player but somehow Spurs fan on Manutd forum is saying we are obsessed :lol:

Looks like middle stage of Josetites when you can't see the logic when it slaps you right on the face.
This is special to this place in my experience - I don't know what it is about Utd fans but you guys love to talk about the past way more than any other fans I have come across (apart from Liverpool fans who are possibly just as bad). Past players, past managers - you guys never let stuff go.

romufc

This is special to this place in my experience - I don't know what it is about Utd fans but you guys love to talk about the past way more than any other fans I have come across (apart from Liverpool fans who are possibly just as bad). Past players, past managers - you guys never let stuff go.
It is difficult to understand, when you have a history like Manutd.

You dont go to Vietnam and not see people talk about the war.

The past is used to drive future success.

Obviously, as Spurs fans, there is not past to talk about.

buckooo1978

How great is it when Mourinho isn't your manager :D

I find the saltiness entertaining

Moyes on the other hand is deluded beyond belief

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It is difficult to understand, when you have a history like Manutd.

You dont go to Vietnam and not see people talk about the war.

The past is used to drive future success.

Obviously, as Spurs fans, there is not past to talk about.
Did you just compare a war that killed 1300000 people and it's people still talking about it there (no shit) to Man Utd fans obsessing about past managers and players? I actually don't know what to say to that. I'm stunned.

That's what happens when you ask your team to venture out of their own box once in a while. Knob.
Exactly. If he ever let us attack he would have won some penalties too, a possibly still have a job here.

Still, we know he's a gobshite who loves headlines. I don't think he's genuinely deluded the way Moyes is.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don’t understand, which part of this is meant to be him being bitter? I’m not reading it that way.
Same, just seems like a bit tongue-in-cheek to me. A bit of a wind up, and it's clearly worked, judging by this thread.

Football fans are pretty good at displaying how thin their skin is if shit like this gets them rattled.

romufc

Did you just compare a war that killed 1300000 people and it's people still talking about it there (no shit) to Man Utd fans obsessing about past managers and players? I actually don't know what to say to that.
In any case, we are not obsessed with history of Jose, we are more relieved that he is being salty for another team and not us.

We are allowed to have a laugh on him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Siri, play Mourinho celebrating earning a Europa League spot :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Eh? When some cnut of a manager talks about ManUtd, it will be discussed. It's same in every forum.

ManUtd have huge history with academy players so yes we talk about them.

If you think there will be lot of love for 3 fingered twat then you are in wrong place and thread.

roonster09

Scout
Siri, play Mourinho celebrating earning a Europa League spot :lol:
But are you rattled :lol:

fecking hell even if Jose farts, few will tell how it's a mind game. Not sure when these guys will realise that he is a classless git.

LDUred

When we were winning things, there were some scousers who genuinely thought that SAF was 'running the FA' and was paying the referees to give us decisions.

I think it's great. Shows that we are back in the heads of our rivals, even if Spurs are and always will be small beer to us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But are you rattled :lol:

fecking hell even if Jose farts, few will tell how it's a mind game. Not sure when these guys will realise that he is a classless git.
He will find literally any excuse for others doing better than him, and when he manages something good it's the best thing since sliced bread.

If the young Jose went forward in time and saw himself now he'd be massively embarrased, i'd actually say he's turning more and more into Wenger every day.

roonster09

Scout
He will find literally any excuse for others doing better than him, and when he manages something good it's the best thing since sliced bread.

If the young Jose went forward in time and saw himself now he'd be massively embarrased, i'd actually say he's turning more and more into Wenger every day.
Yeah, when he was at ManUtd, he used to talk about how good other teams are and how good other team scouts are. Praised teams who invested money saying how good their ambition is and then praised Spurs who didn't spend a penny saying how ambitious they are by not selling any player.

He twists everything that suits his agenda and how hard his job is, luckily for him people follow him like a sheep.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's a joke. He wanted to make some people laugh, which they did.

Mourinho is an ex United manager who is also one of the best managers Portugal had ever had. His words carry a certain weight. You'll expect him to learn about the consequences of his poisonous tongue. After all he's the one who got sacked after losing his third consecutive dressing room.

Why would Bruno be pissed off by that?
Throughout all my life I can't think of any United January signing who had just an immediate impact to the magnitude of Bruno Fernandez. Its amazing really considering the horrible debuts the likes of Vidic and Evra had. That deserves respect. Instead Mou had intentionally or unintentionally (I'd say the former) tried to mock him and United's achievements.

Time ends up beating everyone even the finest managers in the world. However there are those who retire gracefully like Wenger, Lippi, LVG and Sir Alex did and those who go out kicking and screaming. If he's not careful then Mourinho risks being hired by tv companies to be that old man who yells at the clouds while managers and players try hard not to laugh at his face. I've seen that happening with Sacchi and its not nice.

Last edited:

RuudTom83

Two different sides to this debate, the bitter camp and the joking camp...unless we can find a video of Jose saying these comments it won't be settled.

Mark Pawelek

If Spurs play slow, lumbering, dirty defenders against our triplet of fast, skillfull attackers then I guess they'll concede penalties. Mourinho needs to sort out his issues : get some fast, agile, clean defenders.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is as big an issue as you make of it. Weird how wound up fans can get, 3 pages on a statement that's best ignored. He wanted to wind us up with that comment and its worked by the look at this thread.

Baneofthegame

This is as big an issue as you make of it. Weird how wound up fans can get, 3 pages on a statement that's best ignored. He wanted to wind us up with that comment and its worked by the look at this thread.
I’m sure his comment was for the Internet forums.

At the end of the day, he made another comment about our club, a bit like the previous one.

I’m sure we will live.