Mourinho: “Bruno had 20 penalties to score”

Skills

Snitch
Top tip cnut: if your forwards spend more in the opposition half than their own half, they might get a few more penalties too.,

Chief123

I absolutely love how bitter him and rival fans have been about the number of penalties we’ve got this season.

It’s actually further credit to Ole and the brand of football. It just shows how much more attacking and expansive we have become.
Its not our fault we have fast attackers with quick feet. If opponents stop fouling us then we won’t need any penalties.
Other than the Villa one, virtually every penalty was exactly that, a penalty.

what’s ironic is everyone is bitter about how many we’ve got even with VAR which gets a lot more correct than we used to without VAR.

Maybe we were unfairly treated before VAR and never got as many as we deserved.

oh man it feels beautiful knowing Jose is someone else’s problem. I could see a mile off what was going to happen at Spurs when he went there. I cant wait for their implosion next season. Spurs fans are already on the brink

Chief123

They will get top 4 again. Maybe even under Mourinho, but I doubt it. They do not have a good enough squad for him.
They will be absolutely miles off! I’d be surprised if they make top 4 in the next ten years.

They were very lucky to have a brilliant eleven which was purchased relatively cheap with a great manager in charge. A lot of that team needs rebuilding now with a Scrooge in charge of the finances. No chance they will compete financially with any of the bigger teams for the coming years.

Spurs biggest challenge is going to be keeping hold of Harry Kane. If they lose him, God help them...

Chief123

This would be a good post if he hadn't won 2 Champions Leagues, 2 Europa Leagues, 3 Premier Leagues, 1 La Liga, 2 Serie A, Fa Cup, 3 League Cup, Coppa Italia, Copa del Rey.

Nonsense post, considering that list.

Also, people are way too serious. I am surprised people can get any enjoyment out of football like that. The man is clearly joking.

It is the people on here who seem to have the problem.
I wouldn’t call it a nonsense post.
The truth is Jose is broken and bitter. Dinosaur manager who dominated till he was found out.
On that same basis you could defend Arsene Wenger with your same argument despite the fact he was finished long into his last 10 years winning nothing.

BiggusCrickus

By out of job by Xmas . Its Jose he twisted little man who's time is running out as big club manager

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We've been slating Jose into the ground since he got sacked, it's only fair he gets to have a go back at us.

I don't see how earning a lot of penalties can be viewed as a negative with video technology involved. All of those penalties were correctly awarded as far as I can remember, so what's the issue?

SungSam7

Well maybe if we actually got into the oppositions box from time to time under him we might have had penalties to score from.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
not going to lie, I got a chuckle out of it. Now that he isn't our problem any more, I can laugh about his bitterness and his little digs again.
This, I find him amusing again now that I'm not pulling my hairs every time he deflects saying something sarcy.

ShareEndorphins

Supports
Chelsea
Haha damn some good commemts in there. Take a break guys why you get so mad and bitter for a stupid little joke.

Crustanoid

He's really bitter.

Having been a top manager in the past he has been usurped and bettered by a manager from the Norwegian league, beaten in one of his first matches against us, and finished mid table. Plus he is a gigantic fallus.
One of Uniteds worst ever managers. A remarkable accolade

Poor Jose

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
There must be something more to this. Can’t remember a United team getting more penalties than the current one.

I remember the own goal fad. Maybe this penalty thing is also a one season anomaly.

United58

There must be something more to this. Can’t remember a United team getting more penalties than the current one.

I remember the own goal fad. Maybe this penalty thing is also a one season anomaly.
We play more attacking football now and get in the box more. When you have players with the technical skills we do, they'll draw more fouls.

Under Ferguson, a lot of our attacks went down the outside wing. Now, both our "wingers" invert and spend more time in the box, resulting in more fouls in the box

It’s just the fact that actual offences now get punished.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

We have a bunch of very fast, agile, quick footed attackers and it’s the first year of VAR, a system which by nature is going to result in more penalties.

Amadaeus

We play more attacking football now and get in the box more. When you have players with the technical skills we do, they'll draw more fouls.

Under Ferguson, a lot of our attacks went down the outside wing. Now, both our "wingers" invert and spend more time in the box, resulting in more fouls in the box
We have a bunch of very fast, agile, quick footed attackers and it’s the first year of VAR, a system which by nature is going to result in more penalties.
A lot of team have much more technical attackers and better attacking philosophy than us and they don’t get as much penalties.

Josep Dowling

So many times this game out front 5 has had a poor touch at the vital moment. Bruno can’t get it out of his feet and plays a poor pass to Mata instead. Probably should be a penalty but still.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

It's a conspiracy to keep Ole in job so that Poch goes elsewhere. Otherwise if United sack Ole and appoint Poch, it will be very bad for competition with United doing quadruple each season.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Again, you guys dont have even near the highest amount of touches inside the opponent box in the PL.

ChaddyP

havent seen the stats but i really suspect martial has had alot to do with our penalty success. we play alot of passes in and around the box . Fouls will occur when this happens

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Apart from Bruno one against Aston Villa, every single penalty was deserved. Infact we had a lot more denied than awarded

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
More. More. It’s not enough. I want him to actually score 20 penalties next season

Amadaeus

Apart from Bruno one against Aston Villa, every single penalty was deserved. Infact we had a lot more denied than awarded
I will like a compilation of all of our penalties this season to validate this claim. No doubt the best attacking trio in football in MMM pace and technical abilities attribute to the catalogue of penalties we had this season, but I feel like the the number is unusually high for a team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I will like a compilation of all of our penalties this season to validate this claim. No doubt the best attacking trio in football in MMM pace and technical abilities attribute to the catalogue of penalties we had this season, but I feel like the the number is unusually high for a team.
Ask and you shall receive Mrs Pochettino

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I don't know if the rate of penalties awarded has ramped up since Bruno Fernandes was signed, as that is period of the season I think United played genuine attacking football. My perception of the early half of the season is United were also being awarded a lot of penalties, though admittedly I don't how the rate pre Chrismas compares with the rest of the league vs post Christmas.

Dan_F

It looked really soft. There was a hand on his shoulder but no pull or anything that I saw.

MikeeMike

VAR has proven beyond doubt that United were not given enough penalties under Fergie
I am still bitter about Carragher tackle on Carrick. Was at the game but never saw replay of it. Carrick was upeneded.

Chief123

I am still bitter about Carragher tackle on Carrick. Was at the game but never saw replay of it. Carrick was upeneded.
I'm still furious at the horrific tackle by Carragher on Nani at Anfield. Potential leg breaker which went totally unpunished!

1min 55s into the video

Irwin99

I'm still furious at the horrific tackle by Carragher on Nani at Anfield. Potential leg breaker which went totally unpunished!

1min 55s into the video
Still think the Heinze challenge was superb. He got the ball first but the movement on the ball was minimal, the scissor motion is to try and get the ball again. It's a fantastic challenge and I hate that that would be deemed a red.

Sad Chris

Again, you guys dont have even near the highest amount of touches inside the opponent box in the PL.
It‘s not about the amount of touches, it‘s about dribbling, shielding and speed.

Please add the team you support to your profile.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
It looked really soft. There was a hand on his shoulder but no pull or anything that I saw.
Nah, I remember back to when I was in a busy pub and someone put their hand on my shoulder to squeeze past me and for some reason my legs just buckled. It was the strangest thing. Of course that never happened because it's physically impossible but you get the gist of it...

Until officials stop buying the ridiculous dives it'll continue to happen. It baffles me how a referee can look at the United penalty tonight for example and come to any conclusion other than Martial literally made the conscious effort to go to ground rather than being brought down by the opposing player. That's simulation. It's a scourge on the game. And that's nothing against Man United or Martial, every club is at it, mine included.

Silas

Ah ok, maybe being nearly in my mid 30's, I'm getting way too old for all this new found phraseology! I actually agree that it isn't bitter by any means, but most are just pointing out that Jose is a-bit of a nob. This has always been him though, so nothing new. I guess when you're on top and winning things, it comes across more amusing.
Hah, no worries. :)
And exactly, the bolded pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.