Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I haven't been this happy in weeks.

Good riddance, I can finally enjoy United again :D

He's just an employee of the club that wasn't doing his job properly. Managers aren't the holy grail that can't be touched ffs.

He owed us nothing, we owe him nothing. Shake hands and move on to better.

Ekeke

I'm already feeling more positive regardless of how we do on the pitch. Hope we can at least have some enjoyable football until the end of the season

Trizy

The worst thing we can do now is hire someone without thought or preparation.

We need to do this calmly and with an interview and screening process. Let’s interview a few candidates and choose the best fit - not just throw a 3 year contract at the next man when the dust hasn’t even settled on the previous boss.
You wouldn't be given him a 3 year contract though. Ideally (as I said in another thread) you would give him until the end of the season as a trail period. In that period if there is real signs of progress within the mood, style of play and results.

Devil81

Ole Gunner Solskjaer would be a great short term fix who knows the club and it's set up.

You never know as well, if he did well he might even impress enough to get the job.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Finally.
Just hope whoever next manager just play attacking football.
looking forward for next game.
It's almost certain that Carrick will take over as interim manager and he won't let us down. It will be attacking football for the remainder of the season.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
You don’t think our performances on the field which he manages are a problem?
They are a problem but I think there's so much more to what we've seen on the pitch than just Jose. Players downing tools, Jose himself being unhappy due to lack of support from the club, decisions being made to benefit the business rather than the football club etc.

Djemba-Djemba

We've won 2 in the last 8 games.

And one of those was a last minute winner at home to Young Boys.

It's disgraceful he managed to survive so long.

Ban

It was blindingly obvious that this was going to be a nightmare season as early as the Summer.

Mourinho was in full on sulk meltdown mode and our performances in pre season were disgraceful. We had people saying "oh it's only pre season" but look what happened.

He definitely should have gone in the Summer. He clearly gave up then.
He should have been backed. Maybe it would have been the same but it was a silly situation overall. Doesn't matter now.

OldPop

His immature conduct for the media and audience has made me want to vomit. His inability to lead the squad has made me almost lose faith in the club. His tactics have almost killed the joy of the football. Now his time is out and it's a relief!

The road will probably be long but now we have to start building something new. I hope that the entire organization is thoroughly reviewed and modernized. Then I also hope that we will not only enter a new coach but also a charismatic, strong leader on the playing field. That need may be underestimated but will be needed to get a squad of boys and some tired older players to wake up again.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Since Sevilla game it was bad in all areas and he deserved this. I am not arguing that. But calling him flop here is huge overreaction.
His first season was season with 2 trophies, ffs. He moved us back to CL. He won only trophy that we didn't have and now we are among 6 or 7 clubs who have all trophies now. For that he deserves respect. In second season he finished second behind record breaking City. It is also solid result.
Please stop reacting like he was huge flop.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I echo your sentiments? :D
I'm still the same. Wrong decision, we should have gotten the prima donnas out and bettered the squad. Costs too much to change first team players though.

SSSSnake

Yeah let’s get Poch who blew a title run in v Leicester, has trod water since then instead of kicking on, and has still won feck all?

If he’s considered the best candidate out there it’s grim pickings indeed.
What rubbish are you talking about. He's done wonders for the budget he's on. Imagine what he'll do with our squad and resources. He is a world class coach and would improve us 10 fold.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
My choice would be Adi Hütter to sign a 1,5 seasons of contract. I think he has the right profile and potential.

Are you guys kidding me? The point is that they're not Spurs anno 2005 playing at White Hart Lane anymore. They have a nice 60.000 seater coming up - how the hell can you say that's 'not even close to OT'?
Clearly it's in reply to your earlier post, which is appallingly incorrect ref the stadium- see below as a reminder.

Why on earth would he leave Tottenham though? He has better players there than United currently, they actually play in a bigger stadium as well.

J_XO

I said he should be our next manager after Sir Alex in 2013 when he was at Southampton. I said it after Moyes. I said it after van Gaal. I'm still saying it now. The 2nd best manager in the league and, in my opinion, would just be perfect for us.
I remember his Southampton side playing us off the pitch at OT, left a good impression from the very start

Joseunited

Not the least bit saddened at this news,Mourinho has this season dragged us down into the "also rans" of the premiership.
This has to be the start of a proper rebuilding process that includes a DoF and finally a manager that has all the proper characteristics of a United manager.

Ekeke

I understand the sentiment that many are feeling right now. Happiness, relief, opportunistic, relaxed - what have you!

But, a thought just struck me, how in the name of feck did we turn into a bunch of fans who celebrate a mid-season sacking of our head coach? Given the situation we had been and all of that, yes, I agree, but even then, what is it with the mid-season sack that makes me want to unrelate to United for a second?
Seems a weird thing to worry about when we have had our fans willing the team to lose over the past 4 years because they didnt like the managers.

This is different. This is a former employee of the club. He's no longer with United

Djemba-Djemba

He should have been backed. Maybe it would have been the same but it was a silly situation overall. Doesn't matter now.
Once they didn't back him they had to sack him. Incompetence by Woodward no doubt.

Aye, he's gone. Hopefully the Utd fans are less divided now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Someone on redcafe says “Not Ole”.
Ogden inevitably puts out story saying “Solskjær and option”.

Vadim

You wouldn't be given him a 3 year contract though. Ideally (as I said in another thread) you would give him until the end of the season as a trail period. In that period if there is real signs of progress within the mood, style of play and results.
That’s just silly. You could give a manager a trial, he gets us to a CL final and then we’re stuck with him for 3 years because of a lucky run in the cup.

We need to hire the next manager properly, not just throw a trial at a big name. Director of football needs to be appointed BEFORE the next full time manager.

Edit: James Cooper just confirmed this on Sky Sports!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It won't Solksjaer or Queiroz or anyone else currently in a job - nobody is giving up an actual managerial role for a 5 month temporary stint at OT.

It'll be someone currently out of work - Blanc, Conte, Jardim, Wenger, Zidane - given the United journos seem to have been told that it's someone with an existing link to the club, it has to be Blanc.
And the last reports concerning Blanc gave the impression that he was desperate to come back and regretted the fact that he rejected offers from good clubs, allegedly Dortmund, Roma and Sevilla.

diarm

Why do some people really think it would be Evra? Just because he posts funny videos on Instagram? Do we seriously need this?!
Because he's been photographed at Old Trafford with Ed Woodward several times in recent weeks.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Fhanks for the 1st season Josd. He should have taken happy pills and I really hope he will be mentally okay. No excuses now dlfrom the big stars, they need to start performing.
Getting the drinks in early I see.

MuFc_1992

We married a bald fat guy for his money only to realize he was broke. There was no point in keeping him if he wasn't going to win anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.