Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Hopefully this means Pogba is out of the doghouse for Saturday

And hopefully this move hasn't come too late into the season to salvage something
Nah, leave him there until it's really sunk in how much more is expected from him. We've been letting our players get away with murder for the last few years, hiding behind managers who take all the blame.

It's over to the players now, let's see how good they are. That period around Feb/March will be telling.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I want us to hire him just to piss off Glaston.

Ekeke

Understood. But the essence of the club lies in supporting our manager, the ones on the helm. Now, I know I know what awaits me in response to this, but it is just a weird feeling to see all this, is all!
He's not our manager anymore. But the board are still our board. So support their choice if that makes you feel any better?

Patrick08

He wasted a great opportunity given to him.

I remember his interview with Ferdinand and that gave me different impression, pity he went on a suicide mission after a year and a half.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Blanc has become favourite with the bookies in the last few minutes. Went from 8/1 to 6/4 currently.
Next manager markets are always very volatile.

It's thought that it will be someone with ties to United, a couple of people put £20 on Blanc and that would probably do it!

That's not me saying it's not going to be him, but there could easily be a new favourite in half an hour. I've seen 4 or 5 favourites within a day in these manager markets before.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should have been backed. Maybe it would have been the same but it was a silly situation overall. Doesn't matter now.
Having Maguire or Alderweireld in this team wouldn't change a thing. Our issue is the team wasn't coached and had zero attacking idea's.

We barely strung a pass together and couldn't counter attack to save our lives. Having 1 better defender wouldn't fix any of that. Maybe ship a few less goals but that's a minor detail compared to the real issues.

LARulz

I think it'll be Cantona, convinced myself (not saying it'll be good) but just have this strange feeling.

Could also be Rio or Vidic? Giggs obviously is always an option.

Keane would cause more dressing room problems

Solskjaer I can't imagine commanding the dressing room to be honest, as much as I love him.

astracrazy

Roy Keane. Let him tear into them. He would have that dressing room sorted, yes some players would leave but it would be the ones not worthy and we would be ready for a new start in the summer.

Its got to be someone who can command instant respect, especially as its not long term. The sky news guys said it will be someone the journalists would like. What manages or ex-players get on really wall with the press??

JPJohnson

Supports
Football Entertainment Neutral
I feel nothing for Josè. He was rewarded with £22.5m for failure. He willingly sabotaged the club to settle personal scores and make points. I have absolutely no respect for the man.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
One of the best days of my life from a United supporter point of view. He was a cretin of unbelievable proportions.

Will Singh

Even Sir Alex probably can't drive that sorry lot to the title, but there's nothing that suggest Zidane cannot build a squad/team.

On the other hand Poch seems unable to win anything despite having some of the best players in the league in his team.
Zidane has no experience at rebuilding is the point I'm making here where as Pochettino is probably the 2nd best manager in the league but with a tight budget and has made some very good and important signing as well as youth players come through which fits our philosophy

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I'm glad he's gone. I had gotten to the stage where I'd watch United and wouldn't be phased by the results at all. Thank feck he's gone.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Thanks for the second place finish, 19 points behind City. Thanks for making us a force in the second tier of Europe. It’s crazy how things can turn toxic so suddenly, that’s football for y’all. Probably have the same thread for our next manager in two years time

Bola

I understand the sentiment that many are feeling right now. Happiness, relief, opportunistic, relaxed - what have you!

But, a thought just struck me, how in the name of feck did we turn into a bunch of fans who celebrate a mid-season sacking of our head coach? Given the situation we had been and all of that, yes, I agree, but even then, what is it with the mid-season sack that makes me want to unrelate to United for a second?
Because our season has been utter dire and the manager has been steering us towards a state far from what the club should be. Limited chances to youth, cowardly football and the fans getting the opposite of entertaining fare

Our club principles are attacking, entertainment and youth - not about persisting with a lame duck who is doing the opposite of those 3 things.

We have a right to celebrate a new hope

Djemba-Djemba

If you feel a bit guilty go back and read what Mourinho said after the Sevilla defeat last season.

You'll suddenly not feel so bad for celebrating him getting the sack.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Answered your own question in the first paragraph

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
A temporary takeover will be required until the summer.

Lucien Favre should then get the job but they'll give it to someone like Zidane.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
He'd be so determined to do well after Mourinho. French, likable. Good football, great choice.

But I'm starting to think a defensive coach is safer to try and steady the ship - Conte.
Defensive coach - we've just had one. That didn't work out too well, did it?

EwanI Ted

I no more celebrate it than I celebrate having a painful tooth finally taken out. Relief and celebration are not the same thing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it'll be Cantona, convinced myself (not saying it'll be good) but just have this strange feeling.

Could also be Rio or Vidic? Giggs obviously is always an option.

Keane would cause more dressing room problems

Solskjaer I can't imagine commanding the dressing room to be honest, as much as I love him.
There is 0 chance of that happening :lol: we aren't going to appoint an interim coach for banter.

It'll be somebody more relaxed but still serious.

LeftyBlaster

I’d want Poch too. People who are saying that he’s never won anything haven’t been watching our past 3 appointments. We appointed 3 defensive minded managers and paid for it. Yea ok Poch hasn’t won a thing but he plays football on the front foot, and clearly knows how to coach a team, and can compete in the League. He’s the best option out there.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He is the one that I want (oo oo oo)

Him or Nagglesmann (thought that he would be even harder to obtain)

Zidane is the middle ground, along with Jardim and Allegri

I definitely don't want Conte or Simeone or Deschamps.

Kant-ona

In my opinion, the biggest mistake after SAF retired was that the club didn't take the Central European coach market seriously enough. For example: United should have gone for Klopp. It was obvious that the guy is a kind of genius teambuilder. United didn't go for him. They should have gone for Tuchel. They didn't. Nagelsmann, Hütter, Hasenhüttl, Favre... they all could become the next big thing, but United will not even consider them, I think. They look for a big name or a PL-experienced name.

So I expect indeed Pochettino or Zidane or Deschamps.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
This season he has been dire. I'm not just talking about the football, but as a man. He became a miserable, stubborn embarrassment and it almost overshadowed the performances of the team. Watching his Press Conferences made me cringe. What happened to the Jose who first came to England - the smiling breath of fresh air. I do feel somewhat sad, as I wanted that person at our club, but should I feel sad? If Jose had any passion for United, why did he make no attempt to move to the area? Either he knew he was never going to succeed, or he never had any intention of staying.

How can anyone earn such a ridiculous amount of money when constantly making so many blatant errors in judgement, and in team selection, in tactics, when those of us on a pittance could see what the problems were. It began to seem that Jose had a grudge against the club and has been determined to bring them down - revenge for not getting Harry Maguire?

Why did he make so many changes week after week, especially following good performances which should have been a basis for forming a proper team, for creating cohesion and unity, instead of putting out eleven players who often looked like either they just met, or they didn't like each other. Why did he persist in using players out of position instead of where they excelled. Why did he immediately drop players who had performed well but maybe not so in the next game, yet constantly persist with players who under-performed every game.

There are far too many players who came to OT with a good reputation and haven't reached potential - surely too many for it to be coincidence. Players who have been good before, and after being at United, though this trend has been obvious for years, even as far back as Fergie.

But I might have forgiven him if he had ever smiled and showed the kind of enthusiasm shown by Saints new manager, or if he'd been a little more amenable and polite in his dealings with the Press, annoying as they may be. I don't remember any other time when I wished our manager was more like those at City and Liverpool. I even started making sure my milk was in the fridge out of harm's way....I don't want to be as embarrassed by the public persona of our manager as much as I was by the team performances. He used to be likeable. He should have been upbeat just because he was manager of Manchester United.

Maybe now we can go back to playing defenders as defenders, midfielders as midfielders, strikers as strikers, right sided players on the right, left sided players on the left. Maybe then we can actually start judging the players correctly.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Clearly it's in reply to your earlier post, which is appallingly incorrect ref the stadium- see below as a reminder.
Appalingly? It wasn't even factually incorrect mate - and obviously more of a point to illustrate that from nearly every angle United simply isn't a big step up currently.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-85512-champions-league-wembley-a3385721.html

Loads of neutral fans just wanting to see a nice game at Wembley involved as well, not saying these were all genuine Tottenham fans by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.