Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
This will take some flack but I’d like to see Carlos Tevez given an opportunity. Has recently announced his intentions to get into coaching, and coming off the back of his disappointing copa libertadores loss to River plate, he’s out to make amends. His tenacity on the pitch would translate well into management IMO and he would have our players running through brick walls for him. So what about the billboard, let bygones be bygones and get someone in who has so visibly demonstrated on the OT turf what it entails to be an employee of Manchester United.anyone?
I agree.

You will take some flack.

el3mel

Tbf, If there was a scenario that we were going to appoint an interim who wins us a 4th CL, but gets sacked the following season after being made permanent, I’d probably take it.

Short termism I know, but CL wins aren’t to be sniffed at ;)
I'm with you but I'm replaying on him remaining next seaaon. I think Di Matteo fairy tale would have been great if he left in this summer after CL.

Jacob

This will take some flack but I’d like to see Carlos Tevez given an opportunity. Has recently announced his intentions to get into coaching, and coming off the back of his disappointing copa libertadores loss to River plate, he’s out to make amends. His tenacity on the pitch would translate well into management IMO and he would have our players running through brick walls for him. So what about the billboard, let bygones be bygones and get someone in who has so visibly demonstrated on the OT turf what it entails to be an employee of Manchester United.anyone?
:lol:

I think fluency in English is a miminum requirement to get the job.

SteveW

This is still sinking in. A dark cloud has been lifted. Absolutely ecstatic.

Can't believe I won't have to look at that sneering prck any longer. This is a great day for Manchester United.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Sky bet pushing it?
I’m amazed they haven’t been done for conflict of interest, the amount of times they’ve put the yellow sky sources banner over something outlandish to get some money piled on it.

micmac

Why do people want Ole? Is he that great of a coach or is it just nostalgia?

I feel like sacking Mourinho would not solve anything but just expose the inept board and premadonna players.

Patrick08

For first time we sack manager in a perfect time. We can take our time in appointing a Dof and deciding the best manager for the job while he studies the team before taking it and the season is already fecked up anyway.

If we pulled it right, I think we can all look forward to next season.
It isn't fecked up totally. I still believe top 4 is still on. And ucl is now a different ball game all together. For once we won't be parking the bus anytime we play a top team.

SoCross

Cantonaaaaaaa.

Unless Fergue is willing to step back in for a few months :drool:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
The debate would be on what really hampered this season. I mean the style of play wasn't pretty, but the amout of goals we scored so far should have at least been good enough for another 10 points. One of the biggest problems has to be the defensive organization, was it because Matic couldn't close down the spaces, was it Lukaku losing most of the balls played towards him or just a general inability due to coaching.

I'm also of the opinion that with Mourinho gone things are going to improve, improve enough to defeat PSG and have a proper go at the top teams in the league remains to be seen.
I'm not sure were you've got 10 points from to be honest.

We've scored the fewest of any of the other top 6 teams, and conceded the most. We're closer to Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham and Everton in terms of goals scored than we are to any of the teams in the top 6, and funnily enough, we're closer to all of them on points too.

The defensive organisation has been woeful, but Liverpool were a Steven Gerrard slip away from a league title despite woeful defensive organisation, so that's nowhere near as much of an issue as our almost ineffective attack has been. You can balance out a shit defence by taking the game to your opponents, which is something that Mourinho never did, repeatedly inviting pressure, and repeatedly exposing the lack of quality at the back. Start taking the game to our opponents, and it won't matter that we're conceding, because we'll be scoring more.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’ve never heard of him either mate, it was just too easy of a response to pass up :lol: Sorry :nervous:
Hey no worries, some people in here seem to keep track of stuff like this so thought it was worth a go

Eric's Seagull

vangagal

I prefer give it Keane, bring Gary and Scholes along to begin their reign of terror. Let those players suffer once more.

el3mel

It isn't fecked up totally. I still believe top 4 is still on. And ucl is now a different ball game all together. For once we won't be parking the bus anytime we play a top team.
Getting top 4 means we need a historical run. We're 8 points away from 5th position alone, so 2 teams need a major collapse and we need a historical run. Don't get your hopes up.

PSG games and Fa Cup are the things to look forward to this season.

Next season is all that matters.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Probably going to be the same shit in a couple years times. It goes beyond the manager at this point.
That's why Neville's right when he said the club needs to reset the structure, if we stick with the same old then we're no better off.

ROFLUTION

Can't wait to see Carlos' team talk.. Pop some champagne and count money at half-time. Followed by some cave-man mumblings while everyone clap their hands and beat their chests.

Chairman Steve

I love how this story was 2nd on the BBC News lunchtime programme, and 3rd was Theresa Mays cabinet

Our dysfunctional structure and European exit consequences are more important than yours! :devil::lol:

Kant-ona

I would love to see a thread like "Who should be the next coach?" in which every user is only allowed to make ONE single post.

Would be easier to get an idea what the caf is thinking.

Rolaholic

Luke Shaw looks quite pleased with the news :lol:

I'm sure a good 80% of the dressing room are as well

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If I was Woodward Id go

Temporary: 1. Arsene Wenger (ie he knows the EPL inside out, great attacking football)
2. Laurent Blanc (decent manager and a former player)
3. Big Sam (Mou's team fits perfectly into his ideology)

Permanent: 1. Pochs
2. Zidane
3. Favre

redasian

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think we're not tremendously far from putting in a decent title challenge. I've always thought our squad wasn't as bad as it's made out to be. There's some dross for sure but Pogba, Sanchez, Martial, DDG have previously shown their class, even if it wasn't always for United. Even Lukaku, Rashford, Herrera, Matic, Mata etc. while hardly world class have been pretty decent (or have been before). Lingard's a good squad option, as is Fellaini. Jury's still out on Fred of course.

Our defence isn't that bad if you look at the quality of the individuals - granted they ain't setting the world alight, but they're really not 29-goals-halfway-through-the-season bad. I know Jones gets a lot of stick but he's not completely a walking disaster when he's on the pitch - just made of glass. Rojo too to a lesser extent. Smalling is good (but not great). Lindelof actually has started to look half-decent. The point I'm making is that nobody is Titus Bramble level; they all have brainfarts, but I'm thinking a lot of it is a psychological thing, especially since Jose kept chopping and changing. Bailly looked immense when he first came, seems to have his confidence shot, but we've all seen him play much better. Early stages but Dalot looks very promising. Shaw may never reach the heights we imagined he'd reach but he's alright.

Get in some good fullbacks and a class striker, a controlling DM, blood in some of Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah and we'll be alright going forward. This season is a real outlier. It's all about getting in a manager who can get the best out of what we already have and who's willing to give youth a chance. Man for man I'd say our squad already matches Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs' (but obviously not as a team unit). Rashford already does much better in an England squad which isn't any better than ours. City are a little far away, sadly enough, but Liverpool aren't.

I know there are question marks over Zidane but he seems a good man-manager and motivator (which is what we really need, all our guys are underperforming), although Poch is probably the best option. Honestly just about anyone is going to be a risk at this point. All the available/gettable choices are either 1) unproven at a top, top club (Poch, Jardim, Howe, Solskjaer etc.) or 2) have some question marks over their tactical nous/transfer market ability (ZZ). Think we should go all out for Poch since he knows the league and plays some quality stuff.

In the interim I'd say Blanc is fine, wouldn't be averse to Solskjaer either. Sir Alex coming back aka Scholesy is the pipe dream but I'd faint if it happens.

izec

Luke Shaw looks quite pleased with the news :lol:

I'm sure a good 80% of the dressing room are as well
Lukaku and Matic are crying.

Young, Fellaini and Lingard arent too pleased either i imagine.

The rest are probably celebrating.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This is now for Mourinho sacked discussions. Interim manager discussions and permanent manager discussion have their own threads.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm not sure were you've got 10 points from to be honest.

We've scored the fewest of any of the other top 6 teams, and conceded the most. We're closer to Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham and Everton in terms of goals scored than we are to any of the teams in the top 6, and funnily enough, we're closer to all of them on points too.

The defensive organisation has been woeful, but Liverpool were a Steven Gerrard slip away from a league title despite woeful defensive organisation, so that's nowhere near as much of an issue as our almost ineffective attack has been. You can balance out a shit defence by taking the game to your opponents, which is something that Mourinho never did, repeatedly inviting pressure, and repeatedly exposing the lack of quality at the back. Start taking the game to our opponents, and it won't matter that we're conceding, because we'll be scoring more.
Spurs have scored 2 goals more then we do but have 13 points more. It was just a rough estimation made by me. Of course scoring more goals is the safest approach, but fixing the leaking defence would do us a world of good, IMO. The teams above us have conceded about 15 goals less, that makes a huge difference.

Klopp tried the approach of taking the game to the opponents a few years back, didn't work that well.

Under a new manager i think we'll definitely score more goals, whether we really improve our defence remains to be seen. But we can all lighten our mood and look forward to the games a bit more. Shame that we already played Liverpool.

RD76

Lads, I know it won't happen but can you imagine if Fergie fancies a 5 month cameo? :drool:

Edit: sorry, wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.