Mourinho love/respect thread

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's not the best manager in the world and I'm not always fond of his tactics, but I quite like the guy. It's impossible to step into Fergie's shoes though — even Guardiola wouldn't have been as good and as natural for a general United fan as Fergie was (well, at least for me).

OldSchoolManc

Like many others, I wanted him straight after SAF.
The 2 managers before Jose, dug us into a deep hole that we are now showing signs of climbing out of. We had totally lost the win at all costs mentality. Moyes with his ‘making us difficult to beat’ and Van Gaal with his must not shoot until we’d passed the ball to death tactics.
It was a massive job to turn that round and get players to have that fighting mentality, or replace them with ones that do.
I hope he’s here for another few years at least.

AshRK

I already love this thread. Jose has his flaws but he is a top manager whether people like him or not.

SSSSnake

He’s an arsehole but he’s our arsehole. We’ve improved and we’re heading the right direction. One more window and we should have a team to challenge Cityz

FrenchRed

I like him, like his attitude - arch pragmatist, which was just what the club needed.

Give him time and can see him winning the league and staying for a longer time than people expect.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Whatever his failures or his successes are for us - I am eternally grateful for him having the balls to get rid of Rooney.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Whatever his failures or his successes are for us - I am eternally grateful for him having the balls to get rid of Rooney.
At the point when Mourinho sold him I think most managers would have got rid. The decline was just too obvious, the only one not noticing was probably Rooney himself.

Mickfoley

Jose Mourinho love thread? Wtf is wrong with people these days.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Should have been our manager when Sir Alex retired, 100% the best man for the job

OldSchoolManc

Jose Mourinho love thread? Wtf is wrong with people these days.
It’s a thread to show respect for the job he is doing.
It’s here to counter the ridiculous amount of negativity and hate that is being thrown his way in other threads on the forum.

Strachans Cigar

Should definitely have got the job after SAF. Wtf were we thinking?

Would have been very interesting seeing how he would have dealt with the title winning squad SAF left.

Then again, coming into the situation he eventually did 3 seasons later, it cuts himself more slack I guess in terms of blaming the direction Utd took after SAF and needing time to sort it all out.

Think he will lead us to the PL or CL during his tenure here if he is given the time. Which he should be.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The way everything was handled was very good.

EyeInTheSky

I love that this thread is showing the butthurt from those who create the melt threads and sky is falling posts. They are so mad no one enabling them :lol:

Very telling that they take exception to a thread that wants to look at the constructive / good things despite the multitude of opposing threads ranging from the inane to the extreme hyperbolic.

MuranoLover

1. He is absolutely loving to be here and if the club stands behind him and back him and he feels that every day , he would stay very long , I can say that

2. He came and found a club full of players , not a team . Rebuilding it may seem easier from outside , but you go and try persuading millionaires that they must listen to you and do everyday what you want

3. He has changed a lot . He is clearly maturing and maybe sometimes plays a bit scary line-ups , but when the day comes and he believes in each of his players , that will not be happening

AgentP

Always been a fan even during his Chelsea days. I was so bummed when we got Moyes instead of Jose. The man loves our club and is willing to put everything he has to make us successful. The least we can do is show some respect.

LoneStar

The performance in big games recently has made me confident that he should be the man in charge next season. We have been displaying great mentality by coming from a goal or two down and winning games a lot.

And he has also unquestionably improved the standard of players coming in to this team. Our transfers under the last two managers were abysmal, but he has got it spot on, more often than not.

This is what makes me confident about him, even if he leaves United at some point, he would have left the next manager with some very good players to build on.

Canagel

Should have been our manager when Sir Alex retired, 100% the best man for the job
Guaranteed we would've won at least a title by now if not two had he come in straight after Fergie. Massive cockup to appoint Moyes. We were always going to go through a touch period after SAF left but our problems were compounded with the incompetence of Moyes and then LVG afterwards. Fergie takes some of the blame as well. Handpicking Moyes as his successor is the biggest mistake he ever made.

Kaos

I like him but hate his style of football. I also think he’s too stubborn to change.

And while I can’t deny he’s improved us, I don’t think he’s the man to take this club forward in the long term.

backtowhiteside

Jose is capable of closing in on the 5-3 champion gap. He could win us a couple of CL titles. He should have come in straight after Fergie though.

Kaos

Who would be your pick @Kaos?
I don’t know tbh. Call me irrational but I’d hope we’d take a punt on an exciting younger manager with a fresh approach to the game. I couldn’t give you any specific names but I’m not exactly thrilled at this notion of clinging on to the old timers of yesteryear for ‘stability’ while your rivals are playing exciting football.

I’d happily swap Mourinho for Klopp in a heartbeat for instance.

I don’t know tbh. Call me irrational but I’d hope we’d take a punt on an exciting younger manager with a fresh approach to the game. I couldn’t give you any specific names...
That's the thing, I couldn't either so....

You'd think, that after 3 years of Moyes/LvG, fans would not want to take any more risks right now. I blame Klopp though, done a real job on our fans he has.

OldSchoolManc

I don’t know tbh. Call me irrational but I’d hope we’d take a punt on an exciting younger manager with a fresh approach to the game. I couldn’t give you any specific names but I’m not exactly thrilled at this notion of clinging on to the old timers of yesteryear for ‘stability’ while your rivals are playing exciting football.

I’d happily swap Mourinho for Klopp in a heartbeat for instance.
It literally is too big a job for a young fresh manager. The scrutiny under the microscope here is horrendous. They would be chewed up and spat out at every bump in the road.
I don’t get the love of Klopp here either. If he didn’t get lucky with Salah (and he did get lucky, no one saw this season coming from him), Liverpool would be lucky to scrape top 6. He can’t set up a defence.

Nikelesh Reddy

Wouldn't you? He's basically living in a top class serviced apartment, with the added bonus of 24 hour room service and maid service.
I really don't understand this obsession about him living in a hotel...His wife is looking after his kids in London,so he's basically living like a single man in Manchester.Its just so much more convenient to live in a hotel suite than to live alone in a house...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I like him but hate his style of football. I also think he’s too stubborn to change.

And while I can’t deny he’s improved us, I don’t think he’s the man to take this club forward in the long term.
I think you might have misread the thread title.

Donnie Brasco

Basically the only one that could of saved us from the Fergie/Moyes,LVG debacle and the only one of the elite managers of the world that wanted to put his reputation on the line for the massive rebuild that was needed.
The only one that could handle the massive pressure we had and is still having post Fergie. Our best "signing" for a very long time.

No one in the football world could of done better than what he has done so far with this group of players and squad.
Deserves all the recognition, praise and support he can get.
He's massively underrated by our fans, media and football in general for his time here so far.

Basically has my full support until the end.