Mourinho love/respect thread

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I dont understand why so many of our own fans hate him. You might dislike his method but to want him sacked....

Never before in my history of the caf so many of our fans are eyeing neighbour's manager let alone Liverpool's. Some here wanted klopp... mind boggling

MV12

Basically the only one that could of saved us from the Fergie/Moyes,LVG debacle and the only one of the elite managers of the world that wanted to put his reputation on the line for the massive rebuild that was needed.
The only one that could handle the massive pressure we had and is still having post Fergie. Our best "signing" for a very long time.

No one in the football world could of done better than what he has done so far with this group of players and squad.
Deserves all the recognition, praise and support he can get.
He's massively underrated by our fans, media and football in general for his time here so far.

Basically has my full support until the end.
Good post this!.. should be pasted onto the top of all the pages on the 'anti' threads..

Ekeke

He's alright, if all you care about is points and accept that he's always going to have his peculiarities including falling outs with players and sometimes not picking them when they should be playing.

AshRK

Classy of him to appreciate Wenger. He is not that bad like media and some.people portray him.

Wilt

I dont understand why so many of our own fans hate him. You might dislike his method but to want him sacked....

Never before in my history of the caf so many of our fans are eyeing neighbour's manager let alone Liverpool's. Some here wanted klopp... mind boggling
I don't reckon there's as many haters as you may think, it's just that they tend to make more noise. They seem to lie in wait for a bad result then out they come regular as clockwork, dragging their knuckles ;)

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Pastel shades. A long high roofed corridor. Fresh paint smells. Neon flickers. An echoey kind of silence. Odd building, this, the Mourinho Love emporium. Could we get some music playing, at least?

Bestietom

Mourinho is a winner. BUT.

1. I wish he would stop hanging our players out to dry.

2. He would start playing attractive football.

3. Start hauling off Sanchez and Lukaku if they are not up to standard.

Chairman Woodie

I agree.

Irony is Mourinho has achieved more at United than Klopp, Pochettino, or Pep have at their respective PL clubs.

redchamp

Met him on the train after the Huddersfield game, just shook his hand and thanked him for the job he was doing.

Hope he felt the love that day, he seemed to really appreciate it, and I hope he continues to feel it from the matchgoing fans. All he wants is to be loved and appreciated, and he will pay us back in spades

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I agree.

Irony is Mourinho has achieved more at United than Klopp, Pochettino, or Pep have at their respective PL clubs.
Um pretty sure Pep literally won the league last week. That trumps anything Jose has done with, hands down.

Chairman Woodie

Um pretty sure Pep literally won the league last week. That trumps anything Jose has done with, hands down.
For me, United winning the Europa League means far more than winning the PL because the Club are underachievers in Europe. Other clubs of similar or equal stature put United to shame with their achievements in European football.

Out of this thread with that name! Vile man!
I've no issue with Pep.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

It's not mind boggling at all. He's the enemy now, but Klopp is a very good manager.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For me, United winning the Europa League means far more than winning the PL because the Club are underachievers in Europe. [/B]Other clubs of similar or equal stature put United to shame with their achievements in European football.
:lol:

SpyLuke10

Still remember that unreal home record he had where he went like 7 years and around 150 games with 4 different clubs undefeated at home.

maniwin

The grass always greener on the other side but not for me , i don't think anyone better for this job other than him.

Marcky411

It literally is too big a job for a young fresh manager. The scrutiny under the microscope here is horrendous. They would be chewed up and spat out at every bump in the road.
I don’t get the love of Klopp here either. If he didn’t get lucky with Salah (and he did get lucky, no one saw this season coming from him), Liverpool would be lucky to scrape top 6. He can’t set up a defence.
I suppose the love for Klopp comes due to his upbeat personality, the style of football he is playing and the direction he is taking the club. What he has accomplished has been on a lot smaller budget and at the same time the club have also sold off star players in his team. Yet with the players at his disposal, he has got them to 3rd in the PL, maybe with a bit more consistency they could've competed for the title. He seems to have sorted out quite a bit in their shaky defence and they are in a CL final. He has proven you can get ahead without reactive/defensive football, he understands the importance of entertainment for the fans, seeing they are a big contribution to the funds the club earns. We can say he got lucky with Salah or was it just good scouting. They paid a huge amount on Virgil van Dijk (which everyone thought was crazy money for a defender) and he seems to be paying them back in just a short period of time, wish we could say the same for some of our expensive players.

Shark

@NotShark
I suppose the love for Klopp comes due to his upbeat personality, the style of football he is playing and the direction he is taking the club. What he has accomplished has been on a lot smaller budget and at the same time the club have also sold off star players in his team. Yet with the players at his disposal, he has got them to 3rd in the PL, maybe with a bit more consistency they could've competed for the title. He seems to have sorted out quite a bit in their shaky defence and they are in a CL final. He has proven you can get ahead without reactive/defensive football, he understands the importance of entertainment for the fans, seeing they are a big contribution to the funds the club earns. We can say he got lucky with Salah or was it just good scouting. They paid a huge amount on Virgil van Dijk (which everyone thought was crazy money for a defender) and he seems to be paying them back in just a short period of time, wish we could say the same for some of our expensive players.
This is all very well and good, but what's he won?

Marcky411

I don't reckon there's as many haters as you may think, it's just that they tend to make more noise. They seem to lie in wait for a bad result then out they come regular as clockwork, dragging their knuckles ;)
Very true, unfortunately he gives them so much ammunition week in week out to make noise about.

Marcky411

This is all very well and good, but what's he won?
Honours: Promotion to Bundesliga 2003-04 with 1. FSV Mainz 05; Bundesliga 2010-11, 2011-12, German DFB-Pokal 2011-12, German DFL-Supercup 2007-08, 2012-13, 2013-14 with Borussia Dortmund.

This all done on a budget with much lesser teams, but I was responding to why people seem to have a love for Klopp. Apparently Man Utd also had a love for him before Jose but Ed Woodward stuffed that one up.

Trizy

I love and hate Jose. He's clearly taking us in the right direction and winning silverware along the way but in some matches we've drawn or lost we've looked pathetic in attack. Even some of the big 6 games we've won, we haven't looked great.

He is a great manager and I hope he stays only if he sorts out our attacking play. Having said that, a new RW and a pair of Full backs and we'll look transformed instantly.

1 more season, at least.

Shark

@NotShark
Honours: Promotion to Bundesliga 2003-04 with 1. FSV Mainz 05; Bundesliga 2010-11, 2011-12, German DFB-Pokal 2011-12, German DFL-Supercup 2007-08, 2012-13, 2013-14 with Borussia Dortmund.

This all done on a budget with much lesser teams, but I was responding to why people seem to have a love for Klopp. Apparently Man Utd also had a love for him before Jose but Ed Woodward stuffed that one up.
I was talking about Liverpool.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos

So he's won nothing.. And if they lose this CL final which seems the more likely outcome he will win nothing AGAIN.

edgar allan

Basically the only one that could of saved us from the Fergie/Moyes,LVG debacle and the only one of the elite managers of the world that wanted to put his reputation on the line for the massive rebuild that was needed.
The only one that could handle the massive pressure we had and is still having post Fergie. Our best "signing" for a very long time.

No one in the football world could of done better than what he has done so far with this group of players and squad.
Deserves all the recognition, praise and support he can get.
He's massively underrated by our fans, media and football in general for his time here so far.

Basically has my full support until the end.
Is that you Jose?