Mourinho or Pogba?

If it was an either/or situation, who would you rather United keep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doriandun

Why are we playing 3 in midfield?
Why was Matic bought?
Why was Fred bought?

All the above for Pogba.

why are the we slow in attack?
The midfield - thats on the manager.

On a side note as for the season being over, if the team wins on saturday and Chelsea beats Liverpool, then thats a 6 point gap from the top, than can be clawed back.

Truth is Man city are the team to gauge the gap by,Liverpool will drop points. From the outisde, i'd say attitude in the camp is laxidasical, win lose or draw, if the players hate losing, they would give and demand more from each other.

nickm

What on earth makes you think Pogba would be any different under another manager? He's a mercenary. He's talented but not the driving force we thought we were paying for.

Nr.7

Can’t wait for Joses next press conference to see how he’ll handle the Pogba question.

sp_107

I think Next 5 results will decide the immediate future of the club

I really hope this time they go with proper plan then making rash descisions
If they decided to change the manager.

It seems Jose's life is like a written script everyone can see what happens next !

He always liked UTD and I am sure he won't be happy with his record at UTD if his reign ends in few weeks !!

I give him time for his desire to win but modern day football is all results and all actions are under lot of scrutinity ! Not sure if he had that diplomacy to deal the current situation and situation can only get worse day by day !!

Cloud7

Liverpoolfication is complete. Player is a board signing as and when needed.
Yup, all of a sudden I’ve seen that Sanchez was apparently a club signing as well.

Anything positive - Mourinho
Anything negative - The Board and the players

Noc-Z

ffs
I dislike Pogba so much I would happily just take the money back we paid for him, just to be rid of the clown. But If we can get more, then absolutely, take it, and just try and forget he ever pulled on a United shirt.

Hedgehog72

i dont think Mourinho will see out this season regardless of Pogba. He is losing the support of the fans, the players as well it seems, and the board didn't back him over the summer. I expect him to walk away, unless we see a dramatic upturn in form. I wont shed any tears, i expected more than he has given us, we need to be up there challenging city and liverpool and not hoping to get 4th by some miracle.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Does it though ? Pogba has never been rated by rival fans ever since we got him. Thy always labelled him overrated and overpriced. In fact, I actually think only us and French fans are the ones who rate him that highly, otherwise, most outside fans recognize him as overrated, good but not as good as United and French fans think him to be.
It does.

They all rated him at Juventus. Let him leave and you will see how they turn.

They even started rating Danny fecking Welbeck when he left. Rivals always behave like that..

Nico87

Why it is that Pogba is seemingly the one who is being treated like he has form for being a trouble causer by the press, has any other manager or former team mate come out and previously claimed he was difficult to work with?.

I do wonder if there is an undertone of quasi-racism in that the media and pundits have formed an opinion on what they believe Pogba is like, based on his clothes, hairstyle and association with urban culture, and is therefore isome disrespectful trouble causer. I don't believe he has done much wrong other than not be consistently world-class but that is in no small part to the tactics he's being asked to play. The manager is sacrificing the players to absolve himself of responsibility for our dire style and he's responding by returning the blame to where it more than likely belongs. We know Jose has long history for treating his players and peers with contempt, eventually people respond in kind.

talking robot

Replace Sanchez and Pogba, stick with Mourinho and show the remaining players who is boss. A manager has to have authority, or else he can't do his job.

USREDEVIL

Show Mourinho the door, give Pogba a new chance with a new manager. I bet it will make all the difference we need. Carragher has some points but there's no reason not to give our most recent marquee signing one more chance.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Does it though ? Pogba has never been rated by rival fans ever since we got him. Thy always labelled him overrated and overpriced. In fact, I actually think only us and French fans are the ones who rate him that highly, otherwise, most outside fans recognize him as overrated, good but not as good as United and French fans think him to be.
He's not highly rated by french fans, he's considered overrated here too.

Devil may care

Why it is that Pogba is seemingly the one who is being treated like he has form for being a trouble causer by the press, has any other manager or former team mate come out and previously claimed he was difficult to work with?.

I do wonder if there is an undertone of quasi-racism in that the media and pundits have formed an opinion on what they believe Pogba is like, based on his clothes, hairstyle and association with urban culture, and is therefore isome disrespectful trouble causer. I don't believe he has done much wrong other than not be consistently world-class but that is in no small part to the tactics he's being asked to play. The manager is sacrificing the players to absolve himself of responsibility for our dire style and he's responding by returning the blame to where it more than likely belongs. We know Jose has long history for treating his players and peers with contempt, eventually people respond in kind.
Can't help but agree with this, it's clear the old boy white guy brigade have an issue with how he dresses, the dancing, the social media stuff, the hairstyles etc....Did Barca or PSG fans have this kind of attitude towards Neymar in bad spells? Because he's just the same and 10 times more petulant, I'm curious if this is something more prevelant in our country.

The bolded part is spot on and why Fergie's quotes do not apply here, you can't continuously treat people like shit and use them as scapegoats and never expect them to fire back, Mourinho has history at his previous two clubs of abusing a select few players to excuse any bad results and has fostered the mentality at United of taking snide personal jabs at our own players in public, what Pogba said wasn't even that harsh, he just he thought we should attack more at Old Trafford.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Show Mourinho the door, give Pogba a new chance with a new manager. I bet it will make all the difference we need. Carragher has some points but there's no reason not to give our most recent marquee signing one more chance.
I bet it won't. He doesn't want to be here and doesn't look like the player we thought we were getting.

clarkydaz

Can't help but agree with this, it's clear the old boy white guy brigade have an issue with how he dresses, the dancing, the social media stuff, the hairstyles etc....Did Barca or PSG fans have this kind of attitude towards Neymar in bad spells? Because he's just the same and 10 times more petulant, I'm curious if this is something more prevelant in our country.

The bolded part is spot on and why Fergie's quotes do not apply here, you can't continuously treat people like shit and use them as scapegoats and never expect them to fire back, Mourinho has history at his previous two clubs of abusing a select few players to excuse any bad results and has fostered the mentality at United of taking snide personal jabs at our own players in public, what Pogba said wasn't even that harsh, he just he thought we should attack more at Old Trafford.
How about when he was captain against Brighton and then said his attitude wasn't right, are we allowed to talk about that?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
There's a number of very good reasons.

There's a number of very valid criticisms of Mourinho too, including in regard to his handling of players, but Pogba is certainly not one of those. He's been given an extraordinary amount of leeway and patience by Mourinho. He'll even still pick him tomorrow. It's gotten to the point where I think one of the very valid criticism of Mourinho IS his continued tolerance of Paul Pogba.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
At the end of the day, I think both will bo gone before long.

The difference is Mourinho will leave, probably not entirely by his choosing, having spent the last two and a half years trying his very best to make the team succesful and win trophies. It's the methods of doing that which people have a problem with.

Pogba will leave, probably by his own choosing, having spent two and a half years basically just fecking about and showing very little care for wanting the team to be succesful...to the point he has been prepared to cause the opposite just to get his own way.

If I HAD to get rid of just one and do things the way the other wants, it really isn't even a decision.

Negan

Because we are playing dull football and the season is over in September. We won't achieve anything with Jose!
We already have achieved something with Jose.

We won the Europa League for the first time. We won a League Cup. In his second season we finished 2nd which is our highest league standing since Ferguson retired. We also got to another Cup final and were unlucky to lose.

Klopp has achieved none of these things. And yet he’s got the media fawning over him and for what? He’s exited another competition the other night and there’s no headlines about how he “NEEDS to win a Cup”.

Anyone who thinks they’re going to win anything with him is deluded. So if you wanna bad talk about Jose, don’t go praising the likes of Klopp and Pochettino who haven’t come close to replicating the success of Mourinho.

Mourinho would have won the league last season if it wasn’t for Pep. He would have challenged if the board allowed him the funds to buy Alderweireld, Sandro and Perisic. This season was the time to progress even further and go for first. The board blew it. Unfortunately Mourinho can’t do any better than second with this bunch. Nobody can.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Why was Matic bought?
Why was Fred bought?

All the above for Pogba.

On a side note as for the season being over, if the team wins on saturday and Chelsea beats Liverpool, then thats a 6 point gap from the top, than can be clawed back.

Truth is Man city are the team to gauge the gap by,Liverpool will drop points. From the outisde, i'd say attitude in the camp is laxidasical, win lose or draw, if the players hate losing, they would give and demand more from each other.

Don't agree with this, we needed to tighten up defensively when we signed Matic and the idea was to be quicker in transition with Fred, whilst both help Pogba, their signings weren't solely for him

Mcking

Why was Matic bought?
Why was Fred bought?

All the above for Pogba.

You are talking out of your ass.

Nucks

RT History Department
Pogba is too in love with his own image. For about 2% of a match, he looks like he could be the best player in the league. The rest of the time he strolls around, trying to look good. He has a too cool for school mentality that does not inspire. Roy Keane had 1/10th the physical tools Pogba has, but he had a warriors mentality, that he'd run through a wall for the team, and his teammates, and his teammates knew that. He might have been a giant dick off the pitch, and on it, but he played with his heart on his sleeve, and was a leader by example on the pitch. Those traits might have made him unbearable off the pitch however.

Pogba? I doubt anyone would follow him to a fecking donut shop, well, maybe DDG.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded

Away fans.
‘Away fans’ lol

State of these lot. The girl at the end at least had a little sense in her argument but feck me, when have you ever seen an Away end with that many brand new shirts on? Assuming that was hours before kick off when no one else was near the ground and most enjoying the day with their mates.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Please go out on strike Pogba. Might force the board to pull the trigger on Mourinho. And then let Pogba rot in the reserves until some club hopefully comes in for him in January. Two birds with one stone.

Devil may care

This Pogba vs Mourinho stuff is WWE horseshit and distracting from the much larger problems running throughout with Mourinho in charge, the comments about Martial and playing McTominay at CB today are just two other examples of various weird, scapegoating shit Jose is doing to remove the focus from the fact we look tactically inept and uncoached in the attacking half of the game.

Owngoalscorer

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...l-pogba-public-image-does-not-match-character

Didier Deschamps has defended Paul Pogba’s leadership qualities during a week when he was told by José Mourinho that he would never captain Manchester United again.

The France manager was full of praise for the way Pogba became a central figure in the dressing room during the World Cup and a strong influence on the group. “He has taken many things upon himself. He has been a leader,” Deschamps said. “Each time he had to talk and express himself it was always very positive. It’s the words he uses and the atmosphere and feeling that comes across. He is not the only one but he is one of the leaders who took it upon himself because the group needed it. On the pitch he did what needed to be done as well.”

Deschamps believes Pogba’s best personal qualities sometimes get lost in the way he presents himself with his big social media presence and extrovert public personality. “There are a few things people ought to know,” Deschamps said. “First of all there is an image of Paul that doesn’t correspond to who he is. Maybe it is because he is a bit eccentric, a bit demonstrative. He has been with me since 2013 – that is five years now – and the way he functions is not about him for himself, it is him as part of the group. That is really important.

“His image in the media makes everything quite complicated. The amount of the transfer to Manchester United is ridiculous ... it wasn’t easy to manage.

“During this World Cup he managed to get a normal image back. The fact he talks, it liberates him a bit, but the most important thing is that Paul came to this World Cup with a very precise idea: he wanted to prepare himself to be world champion. That is what he had in his mind.”

As for the idea there is a different Pogba for club and country, Deschamps said that was not uncommon in football. “For Paul it depends not only on him but also the team he is in, the collective way of playing. It is not a case of one player who makes the team win.”

Greck

Please go out on strike Pogba. Might force the board to pull the trigger on Mourinho. And then let Pogba rot in the reserves until some club hopefully comes in for him in January. Two birds with one stone.
Duncan Castles. You just know Jose paid for the article. I'm tired of this Pogba rift being used to deflect blame for the more serious issues on the field

Greck

Tired of both of them.

Two men who aren't as good as they think they are
Can no longer have a serious discussion about the direction of the club without this petty beef being brought up ffs.

Janson

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...l-pogba-public-image-does-not-match-character

Didier Deschamps has defended Paul Pogba’s leadership qualities during a week when he was told by José Mourinho that he would never captain Manchester United again.

The France manager was full of praise for the way Pogba became a central figure in the dressing room during the World Cup and a strong influence on the group. “He has taken many things upon himself. He has been a leader,” Deschamps said. “Each time he had to talk and express himself it was always very positive. It’s the words he uses and the atmosphere and feeling that comes across. He is not the only one but he is one of the leaders who took it upon himself because the group needed it. On the pitch he did what needed to be done as well.”

Deschamps believes Pogba’s best personal qualities sometimes get lost in the way he presents himself with his big social media presence and extrovert public personality. “There are a few things people ought to know,” Deschamps said. “First of all there is an image of Paul that doesn’t correspond to who he is. Maybe it is because he is a bit eccentric, a bit demonstrative. He has been with me since 2013 – that is five years now – and the way he functions is not about him for himself, it is him as part of the group. That is really important.

“His image in the media makes everything quite complicated. The amount of the transfer to Manchester United is ridiculous ... it wasn’t easy to manage.

“During this World Cup he managed to get a normal image back. The fact he talks, it liberates him a bit, but the most important thing is that Paul came to this World Cup with a very precise idea: he wanted to prepare himself to be world champion. That is what he had in his mind.”

As for the idea there is a different Pogba for club and country, Deschamps said that was not uncommon in football. “For Paul it depends not only on him but also the team he is in, the collective way of playing. It is not a case of one player who makes the team win.”
Of course, it's easy for him to create a good atmosphere when everything is rosy and his team is doing well. He's dabing in the dressing room and so on, everyone will be happy.

It's how you handle adversity that shows what you're really made of, and if you're really captain material.

championo

Top Stalker
I don't see it as Mourinho or Pogba question at all, I see it as Mourinho or Marshall/Rashford/Pogba/De Gea and any young player who Jose does not know how to manage properly. Jose's era in football has passed, this twitter generation need someone who can handle them and I think the best example I saw was Deschamp at the world cup.

BaneIsPain

I’m tired of both drama queens.get rid and hopefully a better replacement. If either one stays,the same drama will be repeated again and again

Sereques

I hope we make a decision on Mourinho before we lose Pogba. Any manager with that kind of tactics against a team ranked 17th in the league does not deserve to be a Manchester United manager

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I hope we make a decision on Mourinho before we lose Pogba. Any manager with that kind of tactics against a team ranked 17th in the league does not deserve to be a Manchester United manager
What else did you expect? He made Derby look like Real Madrid the other day. Feck 17th ranked, he would treat lower division teams the same way.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Of course, it's easy for him to create a good atmosphere when everything is rosy and his team is doing well. He's dabing in the dressing room and so on, everyone will be happy.

It's how you handle adversity that shows what you're really made of, and if you're really captain material.
You make an excellent point, I just wanna say that he also contributed to making the good atmosphere you talked about, the team was doing well because he was a part ot it too.