Mourinho or Pogba?

If it was an either/or situation, who would you rather United keep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Judas

Open to offers
Don't really get people who in 2018 still get annoyed with players smiling with other players after games. One thing if we've been hammered and embarrassed, another different thing entirely when its a game like last night.

RedDevil@84

All these tricks of telling media that he is not supposed to talk to media isn't going to work. He isn't being sold to Barca or anyone else for a cut-price

el3mel

The guy talking about hugging a Valencia player is right though. Not just Pogba but players have become too soft and you see them very friendly hugging and enjoying their time with the rival's players after a bad result. If Roy Keane is around he will go mad with these scenes.

RedDevil@84

The guy talking about hugging a Valencia player is right though. Not just Pogba but players have become too soft and you see them very friendly hugging and enjoying their time with the rival's players after a bad result. If Roy Keane is around he will go mad with these scenes.
Giving a small hug or smile is one thing. Giggling as if he found his long lost friend is another.
Anyways, we have bigger fish to fry i guess

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
@Judas and I seem to be on opposite sides. A poll would help.

Would you rather get rid of Pogba or Mourinho?

I'm quite sure midway through the season we'd favour Mourinho. Now after Pogba has a good World Cup and Mourinho turns more of the caf against him it appears the other way round.

In any case it's worth seeing what posters think now. Would also be good to revisit this later in the season.
Club, players, manager. In that order.

Greck

I think he needs to shut up because it's already hard enough getting the club to release Jose without the undesirable issue of player power

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I can't stand Pogba. Don't think he has one ounce of United blood. But I don't think Jose has either :( If I had to choose, it would be Pogba - he's like a virus.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He posted a tweet last night saying ‘Let’s keep fighting United’.
Interesting omission of a comma there #grammarpolice

However, it does make a difference. 'Let's keep fighting United' or 'Let's keep fighting, United.'

I'm guessing he meant the latter, though.

Needham

Both can go. Fed up with them both. Fergie was spot on in his comments about Pogba/Raiola years ago.

I do think we can replace him with a quality player for cheaper. In terms of natural talent, there’s barely anyone better but I’m not convinced he’ll ever fulfill his potential properly until his mindset radically changes. I’m also fed up of him undermining our club.

He posted a tweet last night saying ‘Let’s keep fighting United’. Maybe it is addressed to Raiola :)

Mourinho has taken us forward. We’re back in the CL. We won the Europa. Finishing second was way better than we probably deserved last season. However, he just engenders so much bad will and negativity and the typical Jose 3rd season implosion doesn’t seem like it will be fixed any time soon. The football is static, tumescent and old fashioned and I don’t think he’s good for the long term health and prestige of Man Utd.

We desperately need a good Director of Football in and to go for a positive, modern coach. I like Eddie Howe a lot. Worried by Bournemouth’s propensity to get drubbed occasionally but think overall he’s earned a chance at a higher level. Plus there really isn’t any outstanding options who are easily available. I’m not convinced about Zidane outside of Real Madrid and lots of Spanish football experts aren’t either so that concerns me when he is linked.

Mostly I want a manager and players in who will put their heart into this club and show the utmost respect. I realise this is quite archaic and that it can seem like the old school English mentality of passion trumping all else. However, I believe our club has been so undermined and bereft of spirit that we need a shot in the arm emotionally. Love him or hate him, Klopp immediately struck a heart chord with the Kop and his side certainly harnesses the emotional power of their loyalty.

We need our identity back. We need quality, yes, but less of the mercenary or ridiculously passive personalities that currently make up our dressing room.

Ed Woodward is superb on the commercial side and must be kept in his lane where he does truly excel. Not on the football side where he perpetuates the emotionally disconnected culture that is poisoning our club.
Excellent post. But Howe would need almost immediate success to earn the respect of Pogba, Sanchez and the like.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
This beating on Pogba things getting a bit ridiculous now. He was one of a few players who were trying make things happen the other night, yet he's still being made a scapegoat and torn in to. All this vitriol that Mourinho has stirred up against our own players is disgusting.

Member 93275

Interesting omission of a comma there #grammarpolice

However, it does make a difference. 'Let's keep fighting United' or 'Let's keep fighting, United.'

I'm guessing he meant the latter, though.
Valencia liked his tweet. ;)

RedFish

:lol:

If you don't laugh, you just might start crying. :rolleyes:

Anyone really believes that Pogba doesn't know what he is doing?
Why is this motherfecker not banned from social media?
Continually bringing this club grief. No one is that thick. He's probably beinh given the go ahead by Woodward. Unbelievable.

Call_it_a_day?

Throw him into the under 23's and then get rid.

Waste of space.

Thinks he's already made it when he puts a "performance" together one in every 6/7 games. Lacks the required traits to be a top, top player.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I can't stand Pogba. Don't think he has one ounce of United blood. But I don't think Jose has either :( If I had to choose, it would be Pogba - he's like a virus.
Same. Him and his agent are the embodiment of so much that’s been going wrong with United since Fergie retired. Such a Woodward era signing. Even our world record signing doesn’t really want to be here or to fight for the club, despite all the bull we were served up about pogback and unfinished business.... we were just the ones who could pay him the most, that’s all. The rest was marketing and gulable fans. We didn’t instantly build a team around him that would make him look good and have him not have to try too hard while winning stuff. We should also have given him a manager who’d treat him like a god and indulge him every step of the way even when his performances don’t warrant that trust. He’s rightly been called out, realised it’s hard work and he’s not into it. He’s obviously talented but mentally he’s very selfish and cocky and he plays for himself, I don’t think he cares one bit about the fans either. Fergie was totally right about him the first time around.

Last edited:

RedFish

Sad thing is I bet most of us didn't know he was such a prima donna. I bet he doesn't give a damn about the club, the fans. If I was a player who gave everything, I'd resent having such a diva in the dressing room. Really sad that it's come to this, but a dream signing has literally turned to cack.

Maybe in the future we do our homework on players attutudes, before we splash the cash. You don't become like this overnight.

RoyH1

If he is to leave, just don't give him and Raiola what he wants. Set one price for Barcelona (More than Neymar went for) and one price for everyone else ( not a penny under 160 mill though). You don't play games with the club.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is it by Custis or is it worth the read?
It is by Custis but, to be honest, I don't think his sources are bad. The stuff he said about Pogba and Mourinho turned out to be true, Jose didn't deny the Zidane call and, on the whole, Custis has actually been one of the few that hasn't gone bananas about United in this recent period. I remember him on the Sunday Supplement almost being laughed at for saying United had a good season last year and people were being OTT about us.

Notably as well Custis is one of those on the Manchester beat who seems to get the briefed stories when Ducker, Ogden, Stone etc. get them. So he clearly knows someone.

L1nk

Surely I can't be the only one thinking that, if that article is true, and he did ask Pogba for advice on substitutions and tactics at half time, that's a very worrying sign from the Mourinho aspect?