Mourinho or Pogba?

If it was an either/or situation, who would you rather United keep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Member 90887

Our titles have nothing to do with trusting our managers. We had two of the greatest managers in football history and they are the only ones that have been able to have any sort of success with the club.
Really? The club trusted Sir Alex. At any other club, SAF wouldn't have survived his first year. Saying that our titles had nothing to do with trusting our managers is just a false statement.

Rajma

Pogba, he didn’t cover himself in glory but this is a no brainer given the circumstances.

Member 90887

Someone like Roy Keane has disrespected SAF far more than Pogba has ever done (who basically just decided to leave the club for his own sake). But I'm guessing you take any chance to fellate him, and how desperate we are for a player like him.
And how did Roy Keane end up? (assuming you're talking about disrespecting sir Alex while playing for us, otherwise the situation are not comparable at all)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Neither, but honestly I do feel like Pogba is kind of a United supporter at least. He shouldn't say what he says as a player (or captain), but it's exactly what all the fans are saying. Uniteds built on attacking traditions, and the current manager in charge isnt suited to us at all. So while I'm not a fan of Pogba generally, I do think he'd be okay to stay under a different manager and we could see improvement.

Saying that, ideal scenario get rid of both. But at the very least, Mourinho has to leave. Keeping him at the club is beyond pointless since we arent going to improve.

Minimalist

Neither, but honestly I do feel like Pogba is kind of a United supporter at least. He shouldn't say what he says as a player (or captain), but it's exactly what all the fans are saying. Uniteds built on attacking traditions, and the current manager in charge isnt suited to us at all. So while I'm not a fan of Pogba generally, I do think he'd be okay to stay under a different manager and we could see improvement.

Saying that, ideal scenario get rid of both. But at the very least, Mourinho has to leave. Keeping him at the club is beyond pointless since we arent going to improve.
My feelings exactly. Pogba's worst performances have probably come under Mourinho. I have my issues with him but there's a chance that he might turn a corner without Mourinho around.

The latter isn't going to change.

Witchking

Feel like we don't need pogba or jose at this club. Both are poison. Both should leave.

Needham

Ideal scenario is we keep one and get rid of the other though I'd settle for keeping both. If not I'll be happy to get rid of Mourinho AND Pogba.

peridigm

For those voting Pogba out, what do you imagine we would be without him? I'm not asking because I think Pogba is carrying the team, he's obviously not. My point is, would Sanchez, Lukaku, Rashford, or Martial all being playing like Manchester United players? Would we be challenging fr the title? Would we have lost yesterday?

I initially voted Pogba when this thread was started but have changed my mind. I'm in the camp we'd be better off if both were gone but I'd rather see Jose gone first. I don't think Pogba is orchestrating Jose's decline, that's on Jose. We've seen it before, its too predictable. It was predicted before he took charge of his first training session. I think the attitude is too toxic for him to regain control. The sooner he is gone, the sooner we can move on from this mess.

Regarding Pogba, he's acting like a child. I would not fault Jose if he were to drop him for half a dozen games regardless if we dropped points in all of those games. No player is bigger than the club. If he wants to be the center of attention, sell him to Madrid. He'd fit right in.

mancan92

Yeah, a real madrid supporter that's used to managers being sacked for the stupidest of reasons. Nice.
Yeah stupid reasons like disrespecting the club, calling out player in public, making the club a circus and getting poor results.

Yeah those are the reasons he was sent from real Madrid and Chelsea and is doing hete. real stupid reasons.....

Baxter

I like Mourinho.

I don't like Pogba. I never liked him since he disrespected SAF back when he was 18 years old. It was a mistake taking him back. It's like breaking up with a girl and then ask her back giving her gifts. Not a good idea.
If people repeat this myth enough then it might actually come true. Fergie was desperate to keep him and had no problem with him. He called Raiola an arsehole or something, but Pogba did best for his career and became first choice for one of the biggest teams in Europe.

Mourinho’s rant after the Sevilla performance was easily the most disrespectful thing anyone currently at the club has said. Yet you like him?

Dumbat12

Neither. Pogba is absolutely in the wrong here. Even when Mourinho tried to squash the beef, he continued running his mouth off in the media.

However, Mourinho is gone anyway at the end of the season, so I'm willing to give Pogba a second chance since he has the qualities to be the best midfielder in the world. Mourinho, unfortunately, is past it.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Wait I'm missing something here. What did Pogba say against the club?

Cos there's loads of examples of Mourinho talking shite against the club.
Nothing against the club specifically. We paid 89 million. He’s not given anywhere near his 100% for us and regardless of whether you side with him or Jose he has not behaved with dignity or commitment. Compare with cr7 and Jose at RM. I’m sure those two didn’t see eye to eye on anything but CR7 kept his attitude and performance 100%

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
In answer to the OP, neither, they’re turning this club into a circus and they’re the biggest clowns. Pair of bellends.
This!

Mourinho is too stuborn to admit that his football philosphy doesn't work anymore, while Pogba, for whatever reason, isn't even close to his maximum potential.

Both of them are self-centered and neither does whats in clubs best interest but only look for themselves.

United should be above any particular interests, manager and player are here to serve the club and in this case it's quite the opposite, pathetic from Mourinho and Pogba.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Both bring more negative to club than positive in an ideal world they’d both feck off and their time at united rubbed from all records.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Really? The club trusted Sir Alex. At any other club, SAF wouldn't have survived his first year. Saying that our titles had nothing to do with trusting our managers is just a false statement.
If you exclude Sir Matt Busby and SAF, United has appointed a new manager every 3 years on average these 22 managers have won 2 league titles out of 20. United success has nothing to do with trusting managers, it's about two truly great appointments.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
My feelings exactly. Pogba's worst performances have probably come under Mourinho. I have my issues with him but there's a chance that he might turn a corner without Mourinho around.

The latter isn't going to change.
Yup... like it could be that Pogba feels like most of us do and just wants the club to be better, so from a position of power he feels he can do something to get rid of Mourinho. It isnt great, but fair enough I guess. Hes making it known that the players have loads of issues with the manager too, so once Mourinho is gone and we get a proper United manager in charge (one that plays attacking football and doesnt fall out with everyone and create the club a circus), it could well be that he gets back to normal. So while I do think hes been an awful signing, I do kinda understand some of his behavior.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't have much against either of them though. And I'm sure that the amount of bs in the press doesn't represent the real situation (they clearly have issues, but I'm not sure why the Sun and Mail's articles are considered as a trustful source now).

The problem is, I don't see any potential in Mourinho — he is not going to change at the age of 55 and he is not going to suddenly discover a magical tactic or sign a redeemer out of the blue. It's not like with Pep or Sarri, where you knew/know that once players will get used to their ideas, they're going to improve their performances massively.

While with Pogba, there is still a huge potential in him and with a right manager he's going to get better. And he's already playing significantly better and more consistently than the posts here will let you believe anyway. I would back Pogba and hope for Zidane to come in — if anyone can handle him, it's his childhood idol who's had similar problems in his younger days (he even had a rant to the press that he's not a leader and people shouldn't expect it from him, sounds funny, considering that he became such an inspirational figure in the later years of his career).

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Something needs to be sorted out, either way. This conflict can't carry on.

Getting rid of either of them has their downsides:

Get rid of the manager, then it sends out the 'player power' message and that goes against our 'the manager is always in control' tradition.

Get rid of the player... fine, but then who will be the next player to be pushed out by Jose? The 'circus' will only continue. Look at his track record - he seems to be in perpetual confrontation with someone.

We never had this level of public conflicts under Moyes/LVG. We did with Fergie, and we all know how that used to go.

Personally, I'd rather we kept Pogba than Mourinho. But with the philosophy of the club, I can see us backing the manager and selling Pogba to Barcelona in Jan or the Summer.

The best outcome would be to fire them both off. But obviously that's not going to happen any time soon. And, who do you get to replace them? (That's a matter for another thread, though)

Sanchez7

I would rather Pogba stayed. I think Jose is done at the club anyway while there is a chance that Pogba performs under a different manager. Also some of Jose's antics, specifically the rant after Sevilla game about United's heritage has left a bad taste.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Hes making it known that the players have loads of issues with the manager too
I keep reading this but don’t understand why people think Pogba is speaking for the other players? Especially since you’ve had people like Lukaku come out and say they like playing under him.

Thomas A.Anderson

As days go by I have more and more doubt that Mourinho will win Premierleague and CL with United. Or any team. I don't know what happened after that terrific season in Chelsea in 2015, but something is not right.

There's loads of people in here who can't stand Mourinho, and is getting easier to see their point, but we can't choose Pogba in this scenario. It isn't just matter of Mourinho, if we sack him and Pogba get's his wish, next manager is dead even before he was appointed. It doesn't matter who is next, Pochettino, Zidane.... we cannot have players overthrowning managers when they don't agree.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I keep reading this but don’t understand why people think Pogba is speaking for the other players? Especially since you’ve had people like Lukaku come out and say they like playing under him.
Jose has his favourites that he never criticises. Lukaku, Fellaini, Young, Sanchez. So they probably see things differently as they get better treatment.

wajeeh

maybe because he says " he will be fined for saying anything". No one but martial was fined so i guess he was implying that all the players are afraid to talk.

Raw

I don't know what happened after that terrific season in Chelsea in 2015, but something is not right.
14/15 was an overall weak season for the top teams to be fair. 70 points for 4th, 75 for 3rd and 79 for second. I highly doubt that Chelsea team would perform as well if they had the competition we have now.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Jose has his favourites that he never criticises. Lukaku, Fellaini, Young, Sanchez. So they probably see things differently as they get better treatment.
How do we know this though? We don’t. Everyone just seems to want to believe anything that comes out that happens to agree with whatever side of the fence they’re on. Maybe they all hate Jose, maybe just Pogba, or maybe somewhere in between. We have no idea though and everyone keeps trying to jump to conclusions from the scraps we get in interviews.

aganley

As days go by I have more and more doubt that Mourinho will win Premierleague and CL with United. Or any team. I don't know what happened after that terrific season in Chelsea in 2015, but something is not right.

There's loads of people in here who can't stand Mourinho, and is getting easier to see their point, but we can't choose Pogba in this scenario. It isn't just matter of Mourinho, if we sack him and Pogba get's his wish, next manager is dead even before he was appointed. It doesn't matter who is next, Pochettino, Zidane.... we cannot have players overthrowning managers when they don't agree.
What most people are alluding to is that fact that when a player who has given very little thinks he’s bigger than the manager then he needs to be put back in his place. Simple questions would pep – klopp or any other manager worth there salt put up with constant crap.

Rolaholic

Give me the man who still offers the club some kind of value on the pitch over the one who's publicly made a mockery of the clubs players,fans and history in an effort absolve themselves from accountability...

That miserable cnut would've been sacked at any other top club after that disgraceful Sevilla rant. His loyalists hypocritically harp on about Pogba's ego and not respecting the club while having no qualms as their guy has literally thrown everything associated with the club under the bus to protect his own massive and fragile ego. It's a joke

I can understand the logic of those that are tired of both and want a fresh start altogether,siding with a negativity merchant though is where I draw the line. There's nothing about him continuing to stay on which benefits the club short term or long term

Kapardin

Pogba tried to create unrest via Raiola and force a move. Nothing out of the ordinary, and he didn't disrespect the club while doing it, like passing derogatory remarks such as "I am a slave here" or similar. He wants a move -- might have a scummy agent, but his actions were not an insult to us.

So the question is who is more important for our season? Is it Pogba's performances or Mourinho's management. Think I will go with Pogba. I have no hope Mourinho's management can fetch us anything beyond 5th-6th at the most. There is also a greater chance of Pogba staying longer than Mourinho at the club anyway.

Nr.7

Even if Pogba left this past transfer window I’d still want Mourinho out.

Dreadfull football, poor man management, press conferences “heritage” nonsense etc
I can’t wait to see him gone.

If Jose leaves and Pogba still acts out, sell him for 10 euros for all I care.
But Pogbas attitude became an issue of late, after numerous times Jose was publicly criticizing some players.
Perhaps the players had enough and not enjoying their football on top of that and Pogba is just the most (publicly) vocal about it?

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I'd like to see them both gone. Woodward and the Glazers too, while we're at it.

Oldyella

Jose is a busted flush anyway, would prefer we at least see how Pogba does under another manager.