Mourinho press conference - Arsenal - 10:30 GMT

Djemba-Djemba

Spurs improved by keeping their best players, we kept our best players are deteriorated massively. That's his argument? So even when he's trying to defend himself he gives an example of how he has failed?

He's so clearly mentally checked out. Like everyone else he knows he's finished here he's just killing time before he gets sacked.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
By the way, I think that we are going to beat Arsenal. Which will give him more time to say stupid things.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A victory tonight won't feel like one if it prolongs this nightmare.

Ole90+3

By the way, I think that we are going to beat Arsenal. Which will give him more time to say stupid things.
Amazingly I think we'll beat them as well. We'll do our usual thing in important games and start really promising expect tonight we'll actually score during that period. Then holding on for dear life for the next 75 minutes with Mkhytarian missing 2 clear opportunities.

iHicksy

What a joke he is. Spurs improved by keeping their best players and not buying anyone.

We kept our best players and bought Fred and Dalot. Two targets that were clearly Jose's choices and we've not improved?

We've not improved because of your shit on a stick management and tactics.

mark_a

The thing I can't reconcile is how poorly players like Pogba are playing with it being Mourinho's fault! This is clearly a player who can play well consistantly (he did at Juve) and who was rejected by Sir Alex due to his attitude. So now he's got a bad attitude and not playing it's the manager's fault? I don't get that.

Part of the problem has been that some of the purchases have been "safe" and / or for the wrong reasons. Did we need Sanchez or did we sign him to stop anyone else getting him?! Was he a signing to increase shirt sales in S America? The manager has played it "safe" going for players he's worked with before e.g. Matic, Lukaku. The club has gone "safe" with Pogba who's been at United before and who can manage to retain a high profile despite his performances (which is good commercially).

Ultimately it IS Mourinho's responsibility if the team doesn't perform, but I don't believe it's entirely his fault. There's a malaise running through the club which has persisted since Sir Alex has left. I'd argue some rot set in Sir Alex's last 2 or 3 seasons, maybe just in terms of the squad not getting trimmed. Back to Jose, somehow the team looks bereft of ideas and given to negativity and lack of vision on the field. Players don't seem on the same wavelength and some hide. Focus then shifts to Lukaku for example, but if the rest of the team was functioning reasonably, he'd be getting better service and wouldn't look so bad. The builds pressure on Rashford.

The team is misfiring on all cylinders and can't maintain any consistency over 90 minutes let alone a run of games. I think that's the issue, we don't play with any fire and if the responsibility falls on Jose then so be it, but I think the players bear a lot of responsibility. Not acknowledging that and just thinking "Jose out" and we'll be here again in 12 to 18 months with another manager.

Hoof the ball

Bet Fred and Dalot must be feeling over the moon with these quotes. Sick of this shite for brains, always looking for excuses.
I want one compelling argument from anyone on Redcafe that can justify Jose’s comments above.

It’s dishonest and quite frankly, directly insulting to a player like Fred.

R'hllor

Said that he is classless cnut before he joined but damn, seems sky is a limit for him in that segment.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
All I know is that a victory tonight would be the last ticket for the "reasonable Top4 options" train. Direct rival.

Of course, we might get a draw against Fulham next, so who the heck cares. We are unreliable.