Mourinho Presser (Spurs Home)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looked as if he wanted to turn into the Incredible Hulk and destroy everyone infront of him.
Had there been a gun on the table that may have ended with blood on the walls.

:lol: He should spend the rest of the season fecking with them like that. Answer questions with questions, turn up when he feels like it, answer in different languages. Why should he give them anything at this point?
100 per cent agree. Answer in Portuguese and make them translate it. They are gonna write what they want anyway so why not?

Art Vandelay

Had there been a gun on the table that may have ended with blood on the walls.

100 per cent agree. Answer in Portuguese and make them translate it. They are gonna write what they want anyway so why not?
Really rip the arse out of it and use a translator. Actually use two translators and answer the questions in different languages. Really make them work for it, see how many languages he can work into one conference.

iKeano

What's Jose got to do with it? You mean to tell me the press show other managers more respect when they smell blood? Let's all laugh at that :lol:

Are you new to how the media operate or something? They make you a god or treat you like trash depending on what will sell more papers the next minute. They are just seagulls who follow the trawler.

What an odd comment.

I was replying to @OldSchoolManc, who mentioned José. Also, José is the Utd Manager.... the person who held the press conference.

The media are complete scum, don't get me wrong, but José has turned everyone and everything against him. All this is his doing, he has to reap what he sowed!

Bestietom

Well he is compelled to answer some questions. Why hold a press conference otherwise. Let's see what they ask.

OldSchoolManc

Transfer targets, fallouts, twisting his words... They make it up as they go. All the while, praising other managers/clubs that have done worse than him ie - every club bar City.

Edit - oops, answering @iKeano but missed off the quote!

GM K

What an odd comment.

I was replying to @OldSchoolManc, who mentioned José. Also, José is the Utd Manager.... the person who held the press conference.

The media are complete scum, don't get me wrong, but José has turned everyone and everything against him. All this is his doing, he has to reap what he sowed!
He certainly hasn't turned me against himself. Fully backing him.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
What the hell was that press conference? Jesus :lol:. He treated the press with absolute contempt.

It was only five minutes and the rest is embargoed.
They deserve to be treated with contempt, they're gutter rats.

crossy1686

career ending
The amount of shit they write about him and United, and everyone know's writing stories about United is what keeps them in business. It's a disgrace what they do really.

RedDevil@84

Q: When Paul Pogba says the attitude in the team is not right, how does it make you feel that you have a brilliant player who can be exceptional one week and the next week, so inconsistent?

JM: Paul has to answer by his words. If you want any explanation about Paul's words you must get him and ask him.

Q: How do you feel about the way you are playing this season?

JM: I feel we played well against Leicester and we won. I feel we played bad against Brighton and we lost.

Q: What would you like to see against Spurs?

JM: I would like to play well and win.

Q: How do you do that?:

JM: To play well and win, don't make mistakes, play well and win. That is what we want.

Q: Have Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof progressed the way you hoped?

JM: I don't analyse with you my players.

Q: What about Spurs - how impressed are you with them, Mauricio Pochettino and how they go about their business?

JM: I'm not going to comment.

Q: Is the match against Tottenham the right game at the right time?

JM: You have to play against 19 opponents at Old Trafford and 19 away. You have to play against everyone - I don't know when is the right time, the time is now. The fixtures were decided this way and we have to play Tottenham second match at Old Trafford before we go away, if I'm not wrong twice in a row against Burnley and Watford. This is what it is. Of course it is a difficult match, against a team that last season finished top four, so difficult match.

Sounds like a decent interview.

MadMike

What an odd comment.

It will indeed appear as an odd comment, if you can't apply basic critical thinking. Only if you were taking everything written in the press at face value, would you actually believe that Jose has turned everyone against him. Most of it is written by people who have feck all idea what happens and just make up stories for clicks. And they wouldn't treat Mourinho differently from any other manager in that regard.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
A bit odd, that response:
Q: What about Spurs - how impressed are you with them, Mauricio Pochettino and how they go about their business?

JM: I'm not going to comment.

SteveJ

Scout
What is there from Mourinho to say on how Spurs go about their business? He's the United manager during a pre-match presser, not a pundit.
I just wondered if he'd heard rumours about Poch & United.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
:lol: He should spend the rest of the season fecking with them like that. Answer questions with questions, turn up when he feels like it, answer in different languages. Why should he give them anything at this point?
Yeah, what a hero. Mourinho messes with press core! Just what I was hoping for from a Manchester United manager. No one expects anything from the football media, they’ll dig wherever they can for a story. But the representative of this great institution? Yeah, sorry, I don’t see much point celebrating the man acting like a petulant child. Which is basically par for the course at this point.

How far things have fallen that these sorts of childish antics are a cause for celebration.

Bestietom

Maybe he gave the right answers to the press. They are really trying to make a laughing stock of us atm.

AbduRaheem

Looks like a Tottenham player got done by the old bill. Oh well Hugo, see you another time!

MadMike

I just wondered if he'd heard rumours about Poch & United.
Whether he did or he did not, why would he address it. "How they go about their business" didn't seem a football related question. So to ask that of the United manager in the pre-match presser seems a bit odd. It's a loaded question to boot. It's like they're fishing for a statement to validate their belief that Spurs is better run than United atm so they can put that to press and say that Mourinho criticises the board again.

Last edited:

MadMike

Yeah, what a hero. Mourinho messes with press core! Just what I was hoping for from a Manchester United manager. No one expects anything from the football media, they’ll dig wherever they can for a story. But the representative of this great institution? Yeah, sorry, I don’t see much point celebrating the man acting like a petulant child. Which is basically par for the course at this point.

How far things have fallen that these sorts of childish antics are a cause for celebration.
Fergie used to treat them even worse at times with more scorn and insults. I don't think it's particularly childish. Nor do I particularly care what kind of relationship that of the Manager with the media is.

I think you're a bit blinded by your dislike for Mourinho atm and basically see absolutely anything he does as negative.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Fergie used to treat them even worse at times with more scorn and insults. I don't think it's particularly childish. Nor do I particularly care what kind of relationship that of the Manager with the media is.

I think you're a bit blinded by your dislike for Mourinho atm and basically see absolutely anything he does as negative.
Fergie had plenty of credit in the bank. Mourinho basically has none.

Hughie77

Pulled a fast one hasn't he turning up early. Put all the awkward questions out of reach. As long as he can do it on Monday be great.

el3mel

LVG also treated them the same way and I never complained about even though I didn't LVG in general. Journalists are full of shite and deserve this.

SteveJ

Scout
It's always troubled me that Jose seems more interested in proving critics wrong than in United.

RORY65

It's true that Ferguson was often much worse, it was one of his more unlikable traits. I don't quite hate the press like some on here do, it feels a bit Trump supporter like, but I can completely get a manager being pissed off especially when all they see and hear is negativity about them. In that case, just don't turn up. I would suggest it's more childish to turn up early, give shitty answers and leave quickly.

It doesn't change his prospects here though and, as you say, it's not as bad as Ferguson was regularly but I'm not sure he has the fans players on side enough to create a siege mentality with this sort of stuff.

MadMike

I don't agree in any respect with this. Both the sentiment that Mourinho has no credit, nor that the same type of behaviour can be classified as childish or not merely on the notion of "amount of credit in the bank". I didn't see it as childish when Fergie did it, and I don't see it as childish now.

I revert back to what I said. You clearly dislike Mourinho, which is your prerogative of course, but I think it's clouding your judgement a bit atm. I'm not pleased with Mourinho either and I've been critical of him in the past. Primarily for the football the team plays but also his media management which often consists of throwing players under the bus or putting pressure on them to play injured or whatnot. I just don't see this particular behaviour deserving of criticism in any way. He said/did nothing out of order today.

piratefox

Good response until he said the performance was good against Leicester. Good result, not performance.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Maybe he gave the right answers to the press. They are really trying to make a laughing stock of us atm.
I'm sure they generate far more traffic from "United in shambles" stories compared to "United doing well"

And it's not helped by Woody using the press to protect himself at Mourinho's expense.

Minimalist

He's a fecking weirdo. Be nice if he could just act like a normal person for a week.

Judas

Open to offers
It's always troubled me that Jose seems more interested in proving critics wrong than in United.
Too often it comes across like he cares a lot more about his brand and general standing in the game more than the club he's being paid by to do a job. Never used to notice it as much, he might have always been that way though.