Mourinho Presser (Spurs Home)

crossy1686

career ending
I haven't taken a worldwide survey or anything, but the majority of United fans I have spoken with (Cafe members or otherwise) have left me with the impression that they want a new manager.

Would you disagree with that assessment?
I would disagree. Most fans are short sighted and ignorant, anyone that's rational can see we've made progress. Those same fans are the one's that don't have any more contributing opinions other than 'Jose out'.

Minimalist

The press should be treated like mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed a bunch of shit.

I miss the days where the managers, players, and executives at the club felt the same way. Use them for useless PR and stfu.
Alright Marky Mark.

sam147

At least Van Gaal was entertaining and mental.

Mourinho is just a boring miserable cnut
Van gaals football was a 'boring miserable cnut'. Fans like you are a disgrace. You'll praise one man who was possibly worse than Moyes when you compare the players he had compared to Moyes just because he called Custis fat man in a presser once. But call the manager who took us to second, a few trophies and our best point total since Sir Alex. Whatever fits your agenda pal.

Infra-red

I would disagree. Most fans are short sighted and ignorant, anyone that's rational can see we've made progress. Those same fans are the one's that don't have any more contributing opinions other than 'Jose out'.
I'm not sure the club agrees with your assessment.

The lack of investment in the summer and Woodward's post-window briefing would suggest that the board no longer feel Mourinho is the right person for the job (too "short-termist"). Mourinho's general demeanor since, seems to confirm that the feeling is mutual.

The utterly appalling performance at Brighton (probably the worst in Mourinho's entire tenure) shows that this whole sorry mess is now rubbing off on the players.

Essentially, it's over (or at least it very soon will be).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We were terrible from roughly the 15th minute until halftime, but beginning of the match and in the second half we were fairly good.
We weren't good simply because we were purposeless but it wasn't that bad in the sense that we had a good shape and were generally in control.

AndyJ1985

Ah yes, "most" fans know nothing because you disagree with them, but you, the guy throwing personal insults around, you know better than "most" fans. Your contribution is far more factual and relevant compared to "most" people.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm not sure the club agrees with your assessment.

The lack of investment in the summer and Woodward's post-window briefing would suggest that the board no longer feel Mourinho is the right person for the job (too "short-termist"). Mourinho's general demeanor since, seems to confirm that the feeling is mutual.

The utterly appalling performance at Brighton (probably the worst in Mourinho's entire tenure) shows that this whole sorry mess is now rubbing off on the players.

Essentially, it's over (or at least it very soon will be).
Unless you're Ed Woodward, you're not privy to that information.

The board briefed the press as soon as the window closed as they were aware they'd most likely made a mistake in not backing the manager and buying him new CB's. We've all seen Fergie's quote flying around here about him being the manager and some people, including Kidd, not thinking Yorke was up to it. For some reason, we're not aware of but most likely the value in the market, we decided not to spend big this summer.

If you think that was a blatant effort to undermine Mourinho because they want him gone, you're wrong. They would have sacked him before now if that were that case.

The Brighton performance was rubbish but lets not get carried away here. It's the second game of the season, I can't remember a season where we didn't lose to a bottom 5 team away from home and our players have a hell of a lot to answer for, for allowing that to happen. Our captain himself said his 'attitude wasn't right', so that's the kind of shit show we're working with.

You're wrong if you think it's over. He'd be gone already if that were the case, he'll still be here next season.

crossy1686

career ending
Ah yes, "most" fans know nothing because you disagree with them, but you, the guy throwing personal insults around, you know better than "most" fans. Your contribution is far more factual and relevant compared to "most" people.
Hit a nerve much? If you are amongst the 'Jose out' group, can you please provide a rational and well thought out plan of how you would have things go if we were to sack Jose now? Or is it "Jose out, Carrick manager until the end of the season' bollocks?

Offsideagain

How would anyone on this forum with an ounce of pride react if they sat in front of a bunch of people who were trying to get you sacked? That is what the ABU media are doing and loving it. JM knows what’s coming and he did well not to call all of them liars again or ask for the proof about what they print.

It may all be true, he may have had a row with Woodward and Pogba but that doesn’t mean he has to take the bait from these muppets. A win in our third game under lights on Monday and it will all be chip wrappers on Tuesday.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Van gaals football was a 'boring miserable cnut'. Fans like you are a disgrace. You'll praise one man who was possibly worse than Moyes when you compare the players he had compared to Moyes just because he called Custis fat man in a presser once. But call the manager who took us to second, a few trophies and our best point total since Sir Alex. Whatever fits your agenda pal.
lol

C'est Moi Cantona

Wonder if someone has had a word, or if he's realised himself that he is best just to shut up right now, he must know he is on very sandy ground.

Last edited:

zenith

Don't want him around Manchester United too much, the man just oozes misery

Apokalips

The problem really isnt with Jose its with the idiot element in our support that feed and feed off the press. Whenever Jose leaves and the next guy comes in the process will start again.
Jose IS a problem (play style, etc.), but not in this instance so I agree with you in that sense. I also agree when the next guy comes in the process will start again for 2 reasons - the press definitely read fan forums and see the insane turmoil here and are feeding off of it and secondly the majority of the fanbase on here will not have known (or may have forgotten) life before Fergie, thus we are not used to the normal issues that surround a football club not performing so we don't know who or what to blame and so everyone blames everyone.

Fergie's greatness has skewed Manchester United fans' perception of reality. We think patience will lead to our manager becoming a Fergie clone, that we should blindly back our manager because we would have blindly backed Fergie, etc.

Hopefully my points made sense. It's Friday night and ... you know

Sterling Archer

Don't want him around Manchester United too much, the man just oozes misery
Which is how I feel about most of these players and the fans in equal measure. The sentiment goes back well before Jose joined us as well.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't think anyone is doubting the progress we have made since Jose took over the club, the question of whether he remains the right man to lead us forward is when opinions become somewhat divided. It's not only the 'short-sighted and ignorant' among the fanbase that wants him gone - I think we both know that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
At least the away fans did not turn on the players or the manager or did I miss something?
Not that I am aware of mate, but we have the best away support in the country so that comes as no surprise.

I am a little bit biased, yes.

OldSchoolManc

In his 1st year, when even then he had a better 1st team than we have now, Pep was a prickly sourpuss. Finished 4th.
He was then given a shit ton of money to completely overhaul the squad. He’s signed nearly 20 players?
Now the sun shines out of his ass because his board backed him and then some.

Meanwhile, Jose has the carpet pulled from under him and is told to work with what he has. Then has to answer stupid questions from journalists that misquoted him in his last conference or made stuff up.
No wonder he feels alienated.

Coxy

I don't disagree with any criticism of the press.

But......... They are what they are. They have been that way for at least 20 years. Jose himself is no stranger to both the highs and lows that can come through interaction with them.

For reasons completely beyond Jose's control Utd were going to have a difficult season this year, compared to the last.

Woodward, like it or not, holds the high ground in terms of influence within the club.

So given all of the above, that press conference was utterly disgraceful on his part. Benitez, Pochettino, even Klopp in his first year or two, face the exact same hurdles. There is a skill to maneuvering that disadvantageous position into one where you are the hero in a tragedy and getting the fans behind you.

Absolutely no good can come that conference. For anyone affiliated with Utd. If something is really on his mind- just don't do the press conference, make up an excuse and send someone else out.

Poor.
Think I agree with this viewpoint more than the majority. The man is a petulant child and pathetic at times.

Each to their own though.

el3mel

The fans lose out on any meaningful information about their team, whilst as you say the press write shit regardless.
What did you want to know ? The only reason most see these pointless pressers is for fitness issues of players and he replied on it.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
The manager of Manchester United acting like a petulant teenager. It's so fecking tedious and counterproductive imo.
Dont think hes acting like a petulant child, I think its fear hes acting under. Hes afraid of yet another media frenzy to disrupt the squad and destabilise the season further. I dont think he can handle the pressure at the minute and needs to have a few calm weeks to get his head straight and the team needs to be winning to allow this.

C'est Moi Cantona

In his 1st year, when even then he had a better 1st team than we have now, Pep was a prickly sourpuss. Finished 4th.
He was then given a shit ton of money to completely overhaul the squad. He’s signed nearly 20 players?
Now the sun shines out of his ass because his board backed him and then some.

Meanwhile, Jose has the carpet pulled from under him and is told to work with what he has. Then has to answer stupid questions from journalists that misquoted him in his last conference or made stuff up.
No wonder he feels alienated.
Yeah because that's the only issue here.

Reiver

Judging by the comments I'm in the minority but I don't think Mourinho should have behaved like this. I've no love for the press so I don't care in that regard. Just don't think it reflects well on the club. It also does nothing to quell fears of a third season meltdown and an unhappy manager.

iKeano

The fans lose out on any meaningful information about their team, whilst as you say the press write shit regardless.
The only meaningful information I care about is the dross football and increasingly bad results and transfer windows.
The undeniable factual information that City are stronger than the 19 point deficit last season and Liverpool look like the only team capable of closing the gap.
The press - scumbags as they are - have a right to question José. I just wish they weren't so spineless and would ask decent questions instead of fearing not being allowed back next week.

buckooo1978

I don't think anyone is doubting the progress we have made since Jose took over the club, the question of whether he remains the right man to lead us forward is when opinions become somewhat divided. It's not only the 'short-sighted and ignorant' among the fanbase that wants him gone - I think we both know that.
The progress has stalled though and in truth we've been dogshit since February

The last time I genuinely remember us playing well in a game was against Spurs in the cup semi back in April

The reality is we have a gathering shitstorm and I don't see how Jose is going to turn this around - We haven't had a coherent attack in such a long time and it's not like we've sacrificed the attack for the defence - we've looked poor at the back as well

Jose's got limited time to turn things around in my opinion as the perfect storm of his poor attitude and relationships, issues with players, consistently shit performances, no clear tactical plan, a board who haven't backed him, a divided fan base is all combining to create crazy pressure in only our third game of the season

the only way for Jose to survive this is to win - jf he doesn't do that enough in the next ten games I feel we might pull the plug early given the context

I'm wondering how much of a lift a new interim manager might give the squad too

Seveneric

The thing is when Fergie pummeled the press, it was funny and easy to back because you knew he'd always make them eat their words in the end.

With Mourinho it comes off as a bit sad, because there just isn't that certainty with him, so it looks a bit...defeating. Like a sore loser lashing out.

MAME DIOUF 32

The thing is when Fergie pummeled the press, it was funny and easy to back because you knew he'd always make them eat their words in the end.

With Mourinho it comes off as a bit sad, because there just isn't that certainty with him, so it looks a bit...defeating. Like a sore loser lashing out.
Bingo. Very good post.

This is classic Jose

Big game on Monday after a shocking defeat last week - Jose takes all the pressure off his players and the press slam him while his team prepares for the game

He's being doing this for years and we should not fall into the media trap

arthurka

What was funny in this ?

The press is full of shite and deserved to be treated this way.
Nothing because LVG didnt act like a spoilt child . Jose doesnt get any sympathy votes at all he has done this all by himself .

el3mel

Nothing because LVG didnt act like a spoilt child . Jose doesnt get any sympathy votes at all he has done this all by himself .
Storming out of the presser after asking the journalists for an apology without answering even one question isn't acting as a spoilt child ?

JK-27

Feck the press, who don't care about our club at all, they're only interested in gossip and negativity. Treat others how they treat you, so they deserve to be fecked with.

arthurka

Storming out of the presser after asking the journalists for an apology without answering even one question isn't acting as a spoilt child ?
No I think he was genuinely hurt by the press . If you think Jose has it bad LVG had it really hard from them. The difference between them is Jose could have tried a different approach going into this season , a bit like Pochettino did but LVG really gave this his all. Even managed to be a bit entertaining at times something that Count Jose has never done.

el3mel

No I think he was genuinely hurt by the press . If you think Jose has it bad LVG had it really hard from them. The difference between them is Jose could have tried a different approach going into this season , a bit like Pochettino did but LVG really gave this his all. Even managed to be a bit entertaining at times something that Count Jose has never done.
I have zero problem with what LVG did and same for what Mourinho did. Press is full of shite and deserves this kind of treatment from United manager. Saying LVG was right while Mourinho wasn't or the opposite is hypocrisy though, no other ways around.