Mourinho Punditry

Carolina Red

Staff
Whilst been paid a fortune to do so, flipping hero, nice to see all his co mangers there doing the same..

I will admit that I am biased though, I just don't like him.
Are you one of those folks who think that their (United employees) every waking moment needs to be spent focusing on work?

C'est Moi Cantona

Are you one of those folks who think that their (United employees) every waking moment needs to be spent focusing on work?
Not at all, as I said I want him to have a holiday, I'm just not going to be sucked into his 'punditry prowess' whilst I'm total unconvinced by him as our current manager.

Carolina Red

Staff
Not at all, as I said I want him to have a holiday, I'm just not going to be sucked into his 'punditry prowess' whilst I'm total unconvinced by him as our current manager.
He’s one of the greatest managers in world football history giving his thoughts about a game.

I mean... come on now.

SirAF

Ageist
This is probably like a holiday to him, he loves his football.

C'est Moi Cantona

You came in here talking shite about Mourinho as a manager when this is a thread about his punditry.

So feel free to post in threads you don’t agree with just post in relavent threads instead of trying to poison another thread with your drivel.
Poster like you are funny, I'm sure you'll be the first to point out when someone has started a tread that already exists, or that they should be posting in a similar thread, well done.

So what I posted my perceived negative opinion of Jose here, I don't see the issue.

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The OP is a video of his punditry. What is there to agree or disagree on?

So nice to hear a pundit who actually knows what they're talking about.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Best pundit on TV right now.

podurban2

Liked that a lot. He doesn’t talk as if anything he says is revolutionary as most pundits make it appear, just low-key good arguments.

Smores

Funny to see Sky Sports leading with a headline of "Jose: France winner not Pogbas goal" as if it to spin it as a personal attack, watching the interview nothing of the sorts

Solo Toure

Funny to see Sky Sports leading with a headline of "Jose: France winner not Pogbas goal" as if it to spin it as a personal attack, watching the interview nothing of the sorts
Hahaha Sky et al and the Anti United Brigade seriously trying to gain clicks and headlines, utter nonsense.

Jose is too real though, wants Matic and Serbia to fail, said De Gea made a bad mistake, spoke about Rojo’s defending leading to the Aussie goal and now Pogba’s goal should have been ruled as an own goal. Shots fired...

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Fecking Russia Today with the best post-match analysis of the WC in the world. Just two dudes standing on the rooftop, talking about the game, what the manager wanted the players to do and what the players did. No haircut talk, no gigantic studios with dozens of pundits and graphics. Just one guy having a bit of knowledge about the game and the other guy giving him the platform for his opinions.

Ban

Whilst been paid a fortune to do so, flipping hero, nice to see all his co mangers there doing the same..

I will admit that I am biased though, I just don't like him.
Oh. There you go. So whatever he does you just don't like him. That's fair.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Putting an emphasis on a B2B player being from one box to the other, not one box and walk the other part. If only Pogba didn't view himself as a play-how-I-see-fit type of player and listen to his manager.

Chipper

Adulterer.
He called Pogba a powerful guy. That sort of talk was deemed racist on here not so long ago :nono:

Canagel

Interesting he said that France weren't pressing in midfield and were allowing Australia time to have bring the ball out and arrive to the final third with possession. He also said none of the teams are pressing teams. That's a bit rich I thought coming from Mourinho of all people who likes to sit deep in low block. :lol:

Nick7

Interesting he said that France weren't pressing in midfield and were allowing Australia time to have bring the ball out and arrive to the final third with possession. He also said none of the teams are pressing teams. That's a bit rich I thought coming from Mourinho of all people who likes to sit deep in low block. :lol:
Huh? Just because his teams don't press intensely doesn't mean he can't recognise pressing teams.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I thought Russia pressed in the opening game, the front 3 at least. They were hunting down the Saudi back 4 quite effectively, forcing them into hurried balls that Russia would intercept in the midfield. It was even more effective because there was often space between SA's defence and midfield with no midfielders regularly dropping deep to give short options so the passes were longer and riskier. This also meant that when Russia got it off the Saudi midfield there was lots of space to run into in the absence of that deeper sitting DM to screen the back 4 and slow things down.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He should consider a permanent career in punditry.
He'd crush it but he'd be wasted. When Pep has had enough for a while and takes his break from football management he should absolutely go into punditry. Hearing level headed coaches talk about the game is next level stuff.

I've had recent conversations with the man who scouted Argentina for Iceland and his insight into the game is different than any other punditry I hear. The people that do this for a living simply know a lot more and an ex-professional player just doesn't compare. Of course with Mourinho it's the cream of the crop. A bit like SAF going to Harvard and giving lectures. He's a complete nerd of the sport, pretty much knows everything that's currently known about the game.

goober88

Not rich at all. You seem to have added a 'moral' element to what he was saying, whereas he was just giving pure facts.

Midfield

Red
"They were compact, nobody can blame them by that concept of defending", Jose's view about 9 to 10 iceland players in their penalty box :D

So being a part time TV pundit, it makes him possible to watch all the matches in the world cup, an advantage for him to find more suitable players for next season, no? :D

steeeb

I like that he's giving unbiased accurate views and not altering what he says to make himself look better or to defend how he has played with us.

Put digs in all you want, he has been spot on.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I rarely listen to punditry. I honestly the insight of football games are a hundred times more interesting on the caf than what so called experts say. They bore me so easily

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Poster like you are funny, I'm sure you'll be the first to point out when someone has started a tread that already exists, or that they should be posting in a similar thread, well done.

So what I posted my perceived negative opinion of Jose here, I don't see the issue.
Honestly it's just annoying.

You have already admitted you don't like him. Why bother trawling through threads to tell us that? Especially one with nothing to do with United.

I can understand disliking Mourinho's football and management. But this is bordering on some deep personal hate which is quite frankly a bit unhealthy and weird .