Mourinho 'shoots granny'

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
José Mourinho and Tottenham players break coronavirus rules to train

'José Mourinho and members of his Tottenham squad have been pictured running on Hadley Common in north London, having ignored government rules to train there during the coronavirus lockdown.

Footage emerged on social media of Mourinho, wearing his trademark purple Spurs training top and tracksuit bottoms, overseeing a makeshift session with Tanguy Ndombele.

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Watch Graeme Souness tackle podcast phone-in caller Mavis from Manchester: "Mavis, I've genuinely got no problem with Paul Pogba - I've nothing against the lazy bastard"
Read more

In a video clip Davinson Sánchez and Ryan Sessegnon can be seen jogging side-by-side – flouting the two-metre distancing requirement – something which has unsurprisingly aggravated the hierarchy at Spurs. Mourinho is understood to be adamant distancing was respected during his session on the common.

A Spurs spokesperson said: “I hope this doesn't cost us any money...I mean, we're outraged by our manager's behaviour, and will sack him if it's not too expensive.”'

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rus-rules-to-train-ndombele-sanchez-sessegnon

Related stories:
*Liverpool claim double of League title and Furlough Cup
*Raab appoints Kyle Walker as Minister of Health
*Gerrard still in hospital with bad back

Last edited:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Levy will be livid, they were supposed to be mucking out the stables.

Speaking of Daniel Levy where is his bastard son and all round bastard Glastonbastard these days?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's always the survival of the fittest for Jose. Eat the virus and get immunity from it, don't be such a pussy. If not, get the immunity by the end of 2 months quarantine then you shall come back stronger ready for war (against Everton).

Web of Bissaka

They're practicing a new tactic "social distancing" - it's the new trend.

Effective vs any side.

Just make a distanced straight vertical wall of players to repel players from entering.

The Urban Goose

Would they sack him if any player subsequently got ill?
By Jove I think you've got it. It's so obvious now. It's another ploy by Mourinho to get sacked.

No games on in which to play a ridiculous XI? Make the team contract a virus!

It was probably his photographer.

Oggmonster

Not just Jose but what were the players thinking? You'd surely refuse.
I think it's easier said than done to be honest. They're obviously wrong but your boss telling you to do stuff and perhaps putting you under a lot pressure to do this it can cause people to panic. I'm sure we all think that we'd say no but it's impossible to say unless put in their position.

I agree they deserve some criticism but Jose deserves the majority of the blame for if.

The Urban Goose

Kyle Walker and Rooney wonder whether you would like to go round for a sex party or a round of golf. Either way it involves getting the balls into as many holes as possible.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think it's easier said than done to be honest. They're obviously wrong but your boss telling you to do stuff and perhaps putting you under a lot pressure to do this it can cause people to panic. I'm sure we all think that we'd say no but it's impossible to say unless put in their position.

I agree they deserve some criticism but Jose deserves the majority of the blame for if.
Is Mourinho their boss though ? Under normal footballing conditions he kind of is, but legally when there's a national law in place, the club is their boss not the manager. I think they could and should tell him to do one.

Oggmonster

Is Mourinho their boss though ? Under normal footballing conditions he kind of is, but legally when there's a national law in place, the club is their boss not the manager. I think they could and should tell him to do one.
I suppose not no but I don't know the structure of Spurs really. I'm assuming Mourinho has quite a bit of sway, maybe one of them thought if they said no it would of damaged their career there (he's already thrown Ndombele under the bus once) I'm not saying it isn't stupid cos it is but unless you're in that position it's pretty hard to say what you do.

Some of my mates are furloughed for example but still doing bits of work, they've not been told or asked to or anything apparently but they think if they don't do it they may have it held against them in the future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, right. Ndombele is already on his last legs with Mourinho. That cruel man says jump, you say how high.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I've seen the pics, they're just jogging and are apart from each other.

Aren't we allowed to do that? I
There's absolutely no reason for him to be doing solo training with any player. If fitness is the goal, a trainer can simply e-mail the player a workout plan. This is good old Jose thirsty for attention.

TheLord

They’re having a PR nightmare. Won’t fare well in the long run, with sponsorship and everything else.
They have a huge stadium debt to service and have spent peanuts in the transfer market for years.

They were extremely lucky with the quartet of Pochettino, Kane, Son and Erikssen - only a matter of time before the bubble bursts and they go back to where they belong - trophy obscurity.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There's absolutely no reason for him to be doing solo training with any player. If fitness is the goal, a trainer can simply e-mail the player a workout plan. This is good old Jose thirsty for attention.
Yeah, if Jose was there just stood about watching, they should throw the book at him.

Champagne Football

Jose has his next excuse already lined up if Spurs don't make top 4 - 'Were it not for Covid 19, then for sure we would have finished top 4 and won the league easily also'

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
A Spurs spokesperson said: “I hope this doesn't cost us any money...I mean, we're outraged by our manager's behaviour, and will sack him if it's not too expensive."
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
José, today:
Guardian said:
“I accept that my actions were not in line with government protocol and we must only have contact with members of our own household. “It is vital we all play our part and follow government advice in order to support our heroes in the NHS and save lives.”

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's all a ploy. He'll make a public statement later saying 'after careful consideration I've decided to stop taking public training sessions,' and the media shower him with praise for his U-turn.