Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited:

el3mel

Whether this is right or wrong ( easy to know from games later on ), the media got what the want from last Pogba quotes and will fuel loads and loads of rumors about the relationship between these 2. Those who were happy shouldn't complain.

I myself never thought Pogba is a captain material, but there's no one else to give him the band. The main captain is even worse than him to start with.

Greck

Tbh it's been coming. Infact if being stripped of provisional captaincy is the most Jose is punishing him with then I'll say he got off easy

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This’ll be easily falsifiable.

Mick321

When Mourinho goes in the summer I’m going to celebrate it as much as when we beat Bayern, Chelsea or any title win.

Ether

No quotes.
The Times article had two:
“José Mourinho told the players that Paul Pogba will not be the captain because he doesn’t represent what a captain is and Manchester United is bigger than anyone,” a Carrington source said.

“The players were happy with that decision and the reasons behind the manager’s decision,” the source said.

The article also says Mourinho has dropped him from the squad vs Derby because of his comments post-Wolves

Mick321

Would that be with the same amount of enthusiasm you celebrated Moyes and Van Gaal getting sacked?

Because if ever a celebration was premature...
I’d have LVG back any day over this guy. At least there was some humour to him and for all the downsides he tried to and did win at Anfield.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sources is Always running his mouth after a bad result.
Pogba too

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Clearly going to be captain in a few hours.

When did ESPN start hating us so much anyway?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Times running with the same story, according to a "Carrington source".

Load of nonsense if you ask me, as if Mourinho needs to call a squad meeting to say something like that. More United "leaks", probably from José himself, to hike up the siege mentality among the players.

Sterling Archer

Times running with the same story, according to a "Carrington source".

Load of nonsense if you ask me, as if Mourinho needs to call a squad meeting to say something like that. More United "leaks", probably from José himself, to hike up the siege mentality among the players.
I think you're probably closer to the truth that the peppers. Know team / personnel management strategy by Jose .

Devil may care

Maybe they should make a truce, Pogba will stop critcizing Mourinho's coaching and tactics, and Mourinho will stop questioning the players effort and intensity and stop singling individuals out every time we have a bad result.

Yeah, because Mourinho is really going to do that to his best player when he needs him to perform every week for the next year. Can't these kind of 'sources' be banned from the forum?

Jojo <3 Mou

So if true, Mourinho should have qualified that statement. So to correct the title, "Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again, while he is manager."
Seeing that the majority think that Mourinho won't be here next season, this is really not a big deal. I'm sure that the next manager will consider Pogba for the captaincy (maybe).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm struggling to care tbh. These players and coaches are dead to me. Won't bat an eye if every single one of them fecked off.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
It is Valencia, Smalling and Young at times who wore the airmband, I think there's a chance that none of them plays while pogba palys and he will wear it, no quotes, no fun

Baxter

Jose is gone before Pogba. This is getting terminal now.