Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Sad really....when you knew they'd be problems when Pogba lost the ball on Saturday despite being by far our best player. In fact I knew when they had the row during the Spurs game. With SAF it would've been a case of a bollocking and a fine, then it would have been forgotten the next day.

Jose can't do that has to keep having digs in the press, now Pogba too. It's becoming a farce.
He wasn't our best player on Saturday and the way he lost the ball and then did nothing to try and rectify it was completely unacceptable. Its the sort of thing you'd get a bollocking for if you did it in a school game.

I don't know why he gets such an easy ride from people for stuff like this.

The Ferguson point is kind of mute because he would never have put up with a character like pogba in the first place. Players under Ferguson were either winners or learned to act like one. The third option was playing for someone else. Pogba already fecked off once because he didn't want to listen to Sir Alex so you know how that would have ended.

We are still at the same stage with Pogba as we were last season. Dicking about is more important to him than winning football games for United. It shines through unmistakably in the way he plays and the responsibility for that is on him. Not Jose.

Pogba may be pally and a likable bloke as a character, but every time he prats around in his own half, takes on a 50 yard shot when he has good passing options, loses the ball being silly then does not attempt to win it back, tries to beat opposition players just to prove he can even when this is clearly not the best option. Every time he does these things he is disrespecting his team mates and the club. He is showing that doing what he wants is more important to him than helping his team to win the game.

Where Jose comes into it is that we're 2 and a half years down the line and he's still playing him despite no sign of improvement and a severe increase in the level of pogchildishness. The teams performance is his responsibility and at the end of the day there is little evidence his management of pogba has helped the team.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He wasn't our best player on Saturday and the way he lost the ball and then did nothing to try and rectify it was completely unacceptable. Its the sort of thing you'd get a bollocking for if you did it in a school game.

I don't know why he gets such an easy ride from people for stuff like this.

The Ferguson point is kind of mute because he would never have put up with a character like pogba in the first place. Players under Ferguson were either winners or learned to act like one. The third option was playing for someone else. Pogba already fecked off once because he didn't want to listen to Sir Alex so you know how that would have ended.

We are still at the same stage with Pogba as we were last season. Dicking about is more important to him than winning football games for United. It shines through unmistakably in the way he plays and the responsibility for that is on him. Not Jose.

Pogba may be pally and a likable bloke as a character, but every time he prats around in his own half, takes on a 50 yard shot when he has good passing options, loses the ball being silly then does not attempt to win it back, tries to beat opposition players just to prove he can even when this is clearly not the best option. Every time he does these things he is disrespecting his team mates and the club. He is showing that doing what he wants is more important to him than helping his team to win the game.

Where Jose comes into it is that we're 2 and a half years down the line and he's still playing him despite no sign of improvement and a severe increase in the level of pogchildishness. The teams performance is his responsibility and at the end of the day there is little evidence his management of pogba has helped the team.
The comment I've highlighted........then there's no point even discussing with you further.

wolvored

To be honest I reread your post and I'm not even sure about what we are arguing other than being the manager had nothing to do with it, I agree with the rest since it was my point. If you perform at a high level and if you are the biggest asset, the club will always back you which was the case for SAF. Where I disagree is with the reverse argument that because you are the manager then you are the biggest asset, that argument would suggest that all managing appointments are correct at the time of the appointment and during the entire course of the tenure which is obviously wrong.
I was also agreeing with you as well lol. I was saying Fergie was our biggest asset as well as being the manager, in his case only. Moyes VG or Mourinho wasnt or isnt our biggest asset.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I was also agreeing with you as well lol. I was saying Fergie was our biggest asset as well as being the manager, in his case only. Moyes VG or Mourinho wasnt or isnt our biggest asset.
I totally misread your post.:nervous:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The comment I've highlighted........then there's no point even discussing with you further.
He cost us a goal by being an irresponsible idiot, causing us to not win the game and losing himself the vice captaincy with his performance. That's a pretty weird way to be your team's best player. I wonder if you'd say fellaini was our best player if he did that?

But you know, carry on living in your fantasy world where he can do no wrong and you deliberately ignore two thirds of the caf apparently, just because they didn't vote Paul Pogba as man of the match in a game he stopped his own team from winning.

Major

Supports
chelsea
Tell Ed and let him take the decision.
Telling your boss' boss that your boss is shite is also called undermining your boss. By your principles you shouldn't be okey with it either.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He cost us a goal by being an irresponsible idiot, causing us to not win the game and losing himself the vice captaincy with his performance. That's a pretty weird way to be your team's best player. I wonder if you'd say fellaini was our best player if he did that?

But you know, carry on living in your fantasy world where he can do no wrong and you deliberately ignore two thirds of the caf apparently, just because they didn't vote Paul Pogba as man of the match in a game he stopped his own team from winning.
Players getting caught in possession does not always lead to a goal.

el3mel

Telling your boss' boss that your boss is shite is also called undermining your boss. By your principles you shouldn't be okey with it either.
No the whole talk is about undermining your boss in public.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Players getting caught in possession does not always lead to a goal.
Plates get caught in possession all the time, but not by standing still and insisting on trying to hold 3 opposition players off on your own in a dangerous area of the pitch, despite it not working the umpteen other times you tried it in the same game....other player's would also make some effort to rectify the situation. Something Pogba seems to think he is immune to.

Our current situation is in no small part to his attitude and behaviour and you will never in a million years see him accept any responsibility for that...because that would require him to put the team before himself

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United for the next 3-4 games.