Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That's a fair point to make; I think it depends on what angle you come at it from - from a purely hierarchical point of view, the manager is there to make the decisions and the players need to invest in these decisions or they'll second guess everything and we'll be in a vicious cycle.
Yeah but then you're talking about nothing but yes-men and I'm not a fan of those, and I don't think it's what you want unless you have an incredible leader like Sir Alex who was a coach capable of handling his players in a malleable way, not a hard-line one like Mourinho since it clearly seems to not be responding with the team in general.

Leif GW

I don't care for either one, to be honest. Sell Pogba and sack Mourinho.

I think most managers would be annoyed with Pogba, I have always been. Both at Juve, the French NT and at Utd. Just so careless and immature at times.

Skills

Snitch
Apart from 2-3 figures in the squad, as De Gea and Martial, I won't be bothered if we fecked off every one now.
He'll be off anyways, thanks to the incredible job Mourinho has done over the last 3 years managing his development.

C'est Moi Cantona

Personally I'm willing to give Pogba the benefit if the doubt here, he has never looked comfortable under Jose, and imo just wants to see us/him play better, if he continues this stuff under a new manager then fair enough, he's a waste of time, until then though I'll stick with him.

Stacks

I am on Pogba's side. I have some distant hope that a more progessive manager will come next and they will hit it off together and he will be happy. Him and Jose are a match made in hell

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Why wasn't there any issues when he was at Juve? Drama like this always seems to follow Mourinho and the clubs he goes to. There's a theme there
No issues at Juve? Yeah thats why the United deal was in the works for 2 years before he left Juve. Also its a one team league and winning hides a lot of shit. Not to mention the GOAT was sick of his and his agents nonsense by the end of his first stint here.

King Eric 7

Love watching Pogba but he's being a troublemaker. Yes, we could possibly be better off with him than with Mourinho, but what's to stop him criticising the next manager's tactics? This just isn't something that we as a club should tolerate because it undermines the manager's authority, even if the manager is not someone who is popular with many fans right now. Pogba moans about all the chatter in the press but then creates all the drama that fuels the fire.

I just wish we had a fully backed manager, whoever it may be. Plus a tough stance on players who try to undermine their authority. Instead we have this mess where there's now a cloud hanging over the current manager and we've barely begun the season.

Minimalist

Sell Pogba and say "no player is bigger than the manager". Then sack Jose because he's not the right man for the job.
Both signing on at the local dole office the next day thinking "the fcuk you doing here?"

Oh you said sell Pogba.

AndyJ1985

Can you really blame people for not trusting everything that comes out of the press? Not like they've never made things up before. They got this one right, and once every one agreed on the story and it came out of the horse's mouth, then there's no question; but to trust quote-less stories is for dummies and gullible people.
There's a big difference between believing the media making up bullshit stories about us wanting to sign Gareth Bale or Ronaldo, and believing the BBC, Times ect about friction between Mourinho and Pogba, a rumour that started a long time ago and has never died. It's obvious Pogba wants out and it's obvious he has an attitude problem. Mourinho doesn't tolerate bad attitudes. Put 2 and 2 together and the outcome is just as obvious.

SuperiorXI

Yeah but then you're talking about nothing but yes-men and I'm not a fan of those, and I don't think it's what you want unless you have an incredible leader like Sir Alex who was a coach capable of handling his players in a malleable way, not a hard-line one like Mourinho since it clearly seems to not be responding with the team in general.
Not really - only from the point of view of the outside world. Keep everything in-house.

Players had arguments behind closed doors with Fergie too lets not forget. I think it was Rio who spoke about it, mentioned how no matter how loud you got Fergie would be louder and would make you feel small. There has to be a respect there and going public isn't respectful.

wythyred

Amazing how he didn't manage to undermine France en route to a world cup trophy with a different manager.
What has that got to do with anything? Your clearly either Anti Jose or Pro Pogba and can't look at this whole embarrassing situation objectively.

If I undermine my manager at work because I don't like him or agree with his methods it doesn't automatically mean I'll undermine my manager of my Sunday league team.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Just put it this way: If you were Jose, trying to do your job managing a club full of egos while not being backed by the board. What would you do if your star player came out a few times to complain like Pogba has been doing?

Now imagine if you're Pogba and you think your team should play better, would you keep sulking and come out and talk with the press so many times while being club captain?

If you're unbiased there's only one to defend here.
Oh, I'm not blaming Mourinho for doing what he did, it's the only way to save his authority in the locker room and I think he is justified in doing so. That being said, I side with Pogba simply because I agree with his sentiment and I know he's not a trouble-making guy. So the fact that he making trouble says to me there is something really wrong with this team, and the fact is if you read his quote at face value, it's very hard to disagree with anything he's said, and I would bet his teammates feel the same way.

Pogba has no history of creating drama and causing unrest in teams, Mourinho does.

Not really - only from the point of view of the outside world. Keep everything in-house.

Players had arguments behind closed doors with Fergie too lets not forget. I think it was Rio who spoke about it, mentioned how no matter how loud you got Fergie would be louder and would make you feel small. There has to be a respect there and going public isn't respectful.
Ah, I misunderstood you. I thought you had an issue whether they would do so privately or publicly, I can agree with you there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just put it this way: If you were Jose, trying to do your job managing a club full of egos while not being backed by the board. What would you do if your star player came out a few times to complain like Pogba has been doing?

Now imagine if you're Pogba and you think your team should play better, would you keep sulking and come out and talk with the press so many times while being club captain?

Yep, well said.

just because Pogba feels that way, doesn’t mean he should completely undermine his manager in the press, let alone when you captain the club. It’s ridiculously unprofessional and unproductive. Childish.

James Peril

An article/rumor without facts or quotes, and it’s all over the internet. Fantastic, says everything about modern journalism and people in general. A rumor used to be someone important saying something to someone he shouldn’t talk to - in 2018 it’s someone not knowing anything lying and making up stuff without consequences.

Ramshock

If money was an issue then he wouldn't play for them at all. The difference between here and there is night and day.
That is my point exactly. He already cast his stone for France, theres no Raiola nonsense and theres no angling for more money and transfer to the next stop. He has his head firmly on his game at France. How anyone thinks this is Joses fault is beyond me.

Ramshock

An article/rumor without facts or quotes, and it’s all over the internet. Fantastic, says everything about modern journalism and people in general. A rumor used to be someone important saying something to someone he shouldn’t talk to - in 2018 it’s someone not knowing anything lying and making up stuff without consequences.
Jose confirmed he took the VC away from Pogba.

Andersons Dietician

There's a big difference between believing the media making up bullshit stories about us wanting to sign Gareth Bale or Ronaldo, and believing the BBC, Times ect about friction between Mourinho and Pogba, a rumour that started a long time ago and has never died. It's obvious Pogba wants out and it's obvious he has an attitude problem. Mourinho doesn't tolerate bad attitudes. Put 2 and 2 together and the outcome is just as obvious.
I would think it’s more likely he wants Jose gone rather than him just wanting out. Would imagine he’d like nothing more than to be a success here to show United what a big mistake they made when they let him go the first time.

Leif GW

Mou's acknowledged it already. Get real.

Minimalist

...I'm confused. You know this has been confirmed?

fallengt

Yes Pogba, how many great coaches does he have to annoy before someone realizes he is a dickhead. Fergie knew.
Fergie never wanted Pogba to leave. He told Erva to talk to Pogba. It was Raiola that Fergie didn't like

Joeace2020

Well reports say he was stripped of his captaincy because he talked about quitting the club and offended club staff playing loud music on the team bus. The saga is on.

The Purley King

Respect is earned though.
Jose has not done anything in his current job to earn any.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

If you are unbiased you say two things. First ideally players should never target the manager's attitude, tactics and training sessions. Secondly players rarely do that, the rare times when it happens it's at the end of a process where after expressing their opinions in private, they are fed up and the captain being their representative he is the most likely to do it.

SuperiorXI

Oh, I'm not blaming Mourinho for doing what he did, it's the only way to save his authority in the locker room and I think he is justified in doing so. That being said, I side with Pogba simply because I agree with his sentiment and I know he's not a trouble-making guy. So the fact that he making trouble says to me there is something really wrong with this team, and the fact is if you read his quote at face value, it's very hard to disagree with anything he's said, and I would bet his teammates feel the same way.

Pogba has no history of creating drama and causing unrest in teams, Mourinho does.
Sorry but there is evidence even in this thread that he does in fact cause drama, teaming up with his lovely agent. @JK-27 put it well...
SAF quote “Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware,” Ferguson told MUTV. “It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away, from me, anyway.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...chester-United-as-he-leaves-for-Juventus.html

Apparently SAF would only talk to Raiola about Pogba's contract with Pogba present. When the contract offer from Utd came to be signed SAF said to Pogba “You don’t want to sign this contract?”. Pogba replied: “We’re not going to sign this contract under these conditions.” The response reportedly infuriated Ferguson, who turned to Raiola and said: “You’re a t***. What do you think he needs to earn?” Raiola responded: “Not that,” which led Ferguson to once again call the Dutch agent a t***.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...d/news-story/e9bb6487aa23ea2d6a788addc32df771

And from SAFs autobiography “There are one or two football agents I simply do not like, and Mino Raiola, Paul Pogba’s agent is one of them. I distrusted him from the moment I met him. We had Paul under a three-year contract, and it had a one-year renewal option which we were eager to sign. Raiola suddenly appeared on the scene and our first meeting was a fiasco. He and I were like oil and water. From then our goose was cooked because Raiola had been able to integrate himself with Paul and his family and the player signed with Juventus.“
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/s...left-manchester-united-to-join-juventus-40860

Pogba wanted more money, even though he wasn't yet a first team regular and he/Raiola held the club to ransom. Showed us no respect at all. Anyone who thinks Pogba cares about Utd is a fool.

If Paul really is being a troublemaker again and SAF was in charge would get rid of him, and I'm not the only one who thinks that.
https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/20/dann...-player-sir-alex-ferguson-would-sell-7861342/

fallengt

:lol: Delete your post now while you still can

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Well reports say he was stripped of his captaincy because he talked about quitting the club and offended club staff playing loud music on the team bus. The saga is on.
:lol: oh high school, those were great times!

Kaarel

Seriously thinking I picked a wrong career. Should have went into football journalism. Just need make shit up and add 'sources have told' or ' x is understood to have said that'. They're taking the piss.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm trying to think of another time a manager has publically done this and can't think of a time. There must be others, right?
Is this all looking similar to Mourinho’s 15/16 season with Chelsea?

Dan_F

Says a lot about the state of things when most fans want both gone and to start fresh :lol:

redshaw

Pretty much resigned to seeing Pogba go by the end of the season now. Probably best for him to be showboating in a Juve or Barca shirt, it's a hard slog at United.

Moonred

What is Mourinho even saying? No beef? :lol: Not that anyone will believe it, but if that’s true, it makes it even more laughable to create unnecessary drama. It’s like a competition between who can act more of a dickhead each day.