Mourinho: "Who knows we can have a Brazilian in the squad next year" - ESPN Brasil

Which linked Brazilian should we sign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bearded One

Two Brazilians needed actually: Alex Sandro at LB and either Willian or Douglas Costa at RW.
Lets make it happen please!

Achilles McCool

Two Brazilians needed actually: Alex Sandro at LB and either Willian or Douglas Costa at RW.
Totally agree! Willian or D. Costa our right side would transform our attack!
Put Sandro at LB then a new RB (possibly Partey) and we’d look like a brand new team with very few weaknesses

ravi2

Would Juve really sell 2 of their first teamers?
Maybe if martial is going the other way they would consider it

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Would Juve really sell 2 of their first teamers?
Maybe if martial is going the other way they would consider it
If Martial really wants to leave I'd send them Darmian, Martial and Herrera plus £50m for Pjanic, Costa and Sandro.
Of course they would reject it and laugh at me but it would solve so many issues.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why do people expect us to sign Willian? Surely Chelsea would refuse to sell us another player after Matic being regularly viewed as a mistake for them.
The poll says who SHOULD we sign.

I think José is essentially saying "the only reason Willian isn't here is Chelsea. Willian, ball is in your court".

Lest we forget when having a go, he wanted Perisic. He too would have made a massive difference for us. Douglas Costa less so, not the same kind of fit.

Charles Miller

What about Richarlison from Watford?
I dont think its a option. Its impossible to know whats his real level in the EPL until next season. When he arrived in England he had a imediat impact probably because he was in superior physical conditions due to the fact the season in Brazil starts in january, so he already had more than 30 games played at that time. But after some months when all the players are peaking he was falling.

Need to wait the vacations/pre season to see if he can make it in the EPL.

bebeanderson

I don't know how he is doing at Monaco, but it would be exciting if United could sign left back Jorge. I think he's the most similar to Marcelo in recent years, the talent is definately there. His defense can be shaky though, but United needs offense and creativity imo.

jesperjaap

Some seriously over rated players in that poll. Willian isnt even a guaranteed starter for Chelsea and must be touching 30 (plus not another exChelsea player ffs), Costa is a huge talent but then so was Nani, he is so inconsistant, Fabinho I think would be as bigger flop as Bakayoko has been, Jorginho isnt even Brazilian and just seems decent to me, same with Fred. Sandro is the only one that stands out, still think he will be over priced, unlikely and I would still like to see Shaw get fit and get more games, its not like he has even been awful for us, few games he has played been no worse than a lot of players who have played most games this season.
Personally apart from Neymar I think all the best Brazilians are the old ones like Marcelo, Silva, Alves, dont see the ones in the age range in poll being that great. Would much rather we went for a talented youngster like Jesus at City with genuine would class potential....Malcom, Lincoln, Alan Guimaraes, Rodrygo. WOuld rather a riskier transfer that could pay off liek it has for City than an average one that bar Sandro doesnt really significantly improve us long term.....in my opinion anyway

bebeanderson

Some seriously over rated players in that poll. Willian isnt even a guaranteed starter for Chelsea and must be touching 30 (plus not another exChelsea player ffs), Costa is a huge talent but then so was Nani, he is so inconsistant, Fabinho I think would be as bigger flop as Bakayoko has been, Jorginho isnt even Brazilian and just seems decent to me, same with Fred. Sandro is the only one that stands out, still think he will be over priced, unlikely and I would still like to see Shaw get fit and get more games, its not like he has even been awful for us, few games he has played been no worse than a lot of players who have played most games this season.
Personally apart from Neymar I think all the best Brazilians are the old ones like Marcelo, Silva, Alves, dont see the ones in the age range in poll being that great. Would much rather we went for a talented youngster like Jesus at City with genuine would class potential....Malcom, Lincoln, Alan Guimaraes, Rodrygo. WOuld rather a riskier transfer that could pay off liek it has for City than an average one that bar Sandro doesnt really significantly improve us long term.....in my opinion anyway
I kind of agree. I think Rodrygo would be :drool:. Really rate him. But you'd have to wait 3 or 4 more years for him to make a difference, since he's 17.

Charles Miller

I agree with many what you said apart some points: i think there are few great full backs out there and an in form Alex Sandro is top three in the world. That said i would rather Jorge from Monaco who is only 22 and i believe will be a superior player.

Jorginho doesnt lost his birtright citizenship because he naturalized Italian. He is Brazilian.

Also, i wish United showed interest in Arthur from Gremio but is not gonna happen. I rate him over Fred no doubt. I would pick David Neres from Ajax or Malcom over Willian too. I think United should sign Rodrygo Goes from Santos and loan to some EPL club. Apparently Barcelona "control" him now but still possible.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
i have a feeling that we are going to sign sandro

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
How about Alex Telles from Porto if Sandro is too expensive? Don't think Sandro has had the best of seasons either but he's still quality. Meanwhile, Telles looks pretty good although in a weaker league though.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Talisca (AM/RW)
+
Sandro (LB)
+
Fred (CDM/CM)

...I’d gladly take that as the new Brazilians.

Against tougher sides,

———Pogba (LM)
———————————Fred (C[D]M)
——————Matic (CDM)

Against weaker sides,

———————————Talisca (AM)
———Pogba (LM)
——————Matic (CDM)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Talisca (AM/RW)
+
Sandro (LB)
+
Fred (CDM/CM)

...I’d gladly take that as the new Brazilians.

Against tougher sides,

———Pogba (LM)
———————————Fred (C[D]M)
——————Matic (CDM)

Against weaker sides,

———————————Talisca (AM)
———Pogba (LM)
——————Matic (CDM)
Talisca is going to China apparenlty

MUFC OK

Castles reckon we are still in discussions for him.
Romano and Di Marzio who are to go to men when it comes to either United or Serie A saying there's no truth to the rumours. Have to hope it's a case of nothing YET.

gulli_G

Maybe we are waiting for those not going world Cup, and trying to tie up those that are.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely need a Brazilian mate for him.
For settling like.

Woziak

I've been shot down before on a different thread but United definitely have Anderson Talisca on their list, he may not be their A or even B target but he's on the list. Jose loves him, 6'3, fast Physical and Left footed plus can play in a multiple of positions.
Plus he's Brazilian!!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I've been shot down before on a different thread but United definitely have Anderson Talisca on their list, he may not be their A or even B target but he's on the list. Jose loves him, 6'3, fast Physical and Left footed plus can play in a multiple of positions.
Plus he's Brazilian!!
What makes you so definite?