Mourinho's signings at United

simplyared

Baily was definately not shit. In the beginning he was brilliant for us and looked to be one of the best signings from that window. Sanchez is just a mystery for me. At the time it seemed right to get him. I think we got his twin brother. Apart from the mystery of Sanchez, his worse signing imo is Fred. Pogba being his best of course.

Sterling Archer

:lol: this thread is so disingenuous.

When we signed them, the only questionable ones were Matic, Lukaku and Grant. The rest was just drool after drool. Best player in Italy. Best player in Germany. Best player in France. Pipped City once. Pipped City twice. Drool over the kid destroying Madrid's attack. Etc etc

Hindsight is 20/20. It's just a shock that so many of the cafe clowns continue to unlink the role of Woodward and our lack of football structure above the coaching staff from the success of the signings. Near sighted amateur stuff.

Full bodied red

Fred needs more time?
He was a 50m transfer, a player like that should slot right in from the get go.

Its been over a year and he can’t even make the squad, quite possibly our worst ever signing buck for buck, he has been an awful transfer.

Only because Sanchez allegedly came in on a free.

But then again, actually we all know he didn't - he came in exchange for someone who just not too many months previously had cost us £30 million, so hardly ' free ' and not only our worst ever signing, but quite possibly the worst signing in the history of football so far, closely followed by Di Maria and closely followed by Fred. And then chuck in the £100 million or so for Pogba for consideration....

Anyone not see the pattern here ??

Sir Scott McToMinay

Only because Sanchez allegedly came in on a free.

But then again, actually we all know he didn't - he came in exchange for someone who just not too many months previously had cost us £30 million, so hardly ' free ' and not only our worst ever signing, but quite possibly the worst signing in the history of football so far, closely followed by Di Maria and closely followed by Fred. And then chuck in the £100 million or so for Pogba for consideration....

Anyone not see the pattern here ??
Di Maria did infinitely better than Fred and cost just a little more.
We’ve also got decent money back for him, no one is going to pay even 30m for Fred as things are.

Full bodied red

Di Maria did infinitely better than Fred and cost just a little more.
We’ve also got decent money back for him, no one is going to pay even 30m for Fred as things are.

Agreed with both your comments.

Di Maria I was really excited about when we signed him - and the first few weeks, I thought we'd signed a genuine World Class player. PSG seemed to think that as well and yet I don't think he's played as well for them as those first few weeks with us.

But usual thing, it seems, like with Sanchez and Pogba as well, he never really wanted to be at OT but couldn't say no to the money we were offering. And which was bloody good for someone on the rebound.

So one of the worst signings ?? Yeah, I think so - why pay a huge fee and huge wages for someone who didn't actually want to be at OT in the first place and made that pretty obvious with his performances and behaviour within weeks of arriving. Or, if I give him some slack, straight after his domestic problem he couldn't get away quickly enough.

SilverPaper on the Breeze

On the whole, his signings were pretty poor. Matic is a player I’d really liked and a position we needed, but he was 29. He was good for a season. That’s classic Jose, all about the here and now.
Ibra was great, for personality as much as performance, but hardly a long term solution.
Fred and Mkhitaryan can be forgiven as they looked good elsewhere but haven’t worked out as sometimes happens.
Bailly looked good but is a crock, sadly.
Lindelöf has done okay and Dalot is only 20, so although I have my doubts, I wouldn’t write him off yet.
Pogba was all Woodward; with Rooney going we needed a marquee name. The noodle partners are paying, in the main, for access and commercial use of the players. You need to have someone to slap on the billboards.
Then there’s Lukaku, which I think was unforgivable on Jose’s part. I’ll be honest, I’ve never, ever rated Lukaku. His technique is abysmal, always has been. Darren Bent and Jermaine Defoe scored plenty of top flight goals, but neither were world class. Lukaku just did it a bit younger because he was physically developed; he’s the same level as them. He’ll get you 15-25 goals a season, but the ones against top opposition or when you really need them will be few and far between.
However, the reason his signing was so awful, and why I blame Jose for him ever darkening the door at Old Trafford, was that Jose seemed convinced he could turn him into Drogba. It’s as though he’d never seen him play. All Lukaku can do is run the channels, play on the shoulder and look to get in behind. He’s not an awful finisher, but his game is and always has been pretty one dimensional. However, seemingly just because he’s massive, Jose figured he could play back to goal, have balls knocked into him, hold it up and bring others into play. The guy can’t trap a ball! We’d hoof it up to him, it would bounce off him, he’d take another two touches to bring it under control and any counter attack would grind to a shuddering halt. Rinse and repeat. We’re very, very lucky to have got our money back.

romufc

The players Jose brought in directly were Zlatan and Matic out of all the signings under him, the others were Woodward's fantasy signing. Lindelof and Bailly weren't Jose's signings. Anyone that is conversant with Jose's body of work knows he prioritises his defence and he 100% favours experience in that department of the team. Jose will not descend from the hill of Carvalho, Terry, Ramos, Lucio, etc for a couple of rookies(Bailly/Lindelof) in his defence. The fact that Bailly was signed few days after Jose arrived points that the transfer was already done and dusted before United thought of bringing Jose on board.

Pogba & Sanchez were commercial signings for Woodward. Fred, Dalot and Grant(laughable transfers) for a manager trying to close down 19 points gap on City. These poverty signings were Woodward's signings. Jose originally begged for 5 signings that included Toby Alderweireld and Milinkovic-Savic. Woodward's shrewdness came into play and vetoed off the transfer list - he went for the cheaper options instead.

Lukaku signing was a necessity they didn't bargain for. A series of unfortunate events led the club into sniffing the man from Everton. Zlatan had gotten injured for 9 months and Rooney was being phased out. There was no senior striker in the team and the 2 strikers available in the market were Romelu and Morata. United got the better player of the two as we already know. How do you blame Jose for the shrewdness of Ed Woodward? He asked for 2 CBs last summer and he was told to coach the ones he already got. If the board really felt the defenders at United were good enough, how come they went all out to spend £130m twelve months later?

So you are actually saying that Jose had no say in signings? Yes only the players that come off are Jose's signings?

So why did Jose get no say in his signings and Ole is getting a say in signings?

You are saying things to make yourself believe that. Out of all the signings he made Jose asked for only 2?

Ok, then where are the commercial signings for this season? If it is all Ed Woodward and nothing to do with the manager?

Why is Alexis on loan on the managers say? Is he not worth the commercial aspect then?

Fracture90

The players Jose brought in directly were Zlatan and Matic out of all the signings under him, the others were Woodward's fantasy signing. Lindelof and Bailly weren't Jose's signings. Anyone that is conversant with Jose's body of work knows he prioritises his defence and he 100% favours experience in that department of the team. Jose will not descend from the hill of Carvalho, Terry, Ramos, Lucio, etc for a couple of rookies(Bailly/Lindelof) in his defence. The fact that Bailly was signed few days after Jose arrived points that the transfer was already done and dusted before United thought of bringing Jose on board.

Pogba & Sanchez were commercial signings for Woodward. Fred, Dalot and Grant(laughable transfers) for a manager trying to close down 19 points gap on City. These poverty signings were Woodward's signings. Jose originally begged for 5 signings that included Toby Alderweireld and Milinkovic-Savic. Woodward's shrewdness came into play and vetoed off the transfer list - he went for the cheaper options instead.

Lukaku signing was a necessity they didn't bargain for. A series of unfortunate events led the club into sniffing the man from Everton. Zlatan had gotten injured for 9 months and Rooney was being phased out. There was no senior striker in the team and the 2 strikers available in the market were Romelu and Morata. United got the better player of the two as we already know. How do you blame Jose for the shrewdness of Ed Woodward? He asked for 2 CBs last summer and he was told to coach the ones he already got. If the board really felt the defenders at United were good enough, how come they went all out to spend £130m twelve months later?
If I remember correctly one of the reasons as to why LVG felt betrayed by United is because they kept telling him his job was safe whilst they were in agreement with Mourinho since March of that year or something?

It wouldn't be outrageous to think Mourinho had instructed the board which players he thinks would be worthy additions to his squad before the deal was official.

Ziggy Starduster

I think this thread highlights the absolute disastrous decision making that has been going on at this club for many years now. At the helm of all of this is Ed Woodward - who should be no where near any footballing decision making at all.
Our scouting department must be one of the worst in the elite level of world football - utterly inept in every purchase before Ole arrived.
Coupled with Woodward constantly paying over the odds for every player we've bought, I can't think of a rich club that is run so badly.

Jackal

Sweet christ on a cracker, what is this utter, utter imaginary waffle?

You've absolutely no idea what the reasons were behind each signing at all, stop posting like your on the board of the club ffs.

You say Jose didn't want Sanchez? What utter crap. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ose-mourinho-arsenal-badly-sign-a8172926.html

Jose demanded Pogba, it's absolutely well known he did.

My god you've given my ar*ehole a migraine reading this.
I don't need to be on the board of the club to know the motive behind each signing.....

The link you posted has no bearing at all - what do you expect Jose to say concerning the signings of his CEO? "Alright, fellas. welcome to this press conference. I'd like to categorically state I do not like the signings made this window." Is it crack? Obviously, he's got to come out and do PR stunts like all is well in the hood.

How many times did Jose say he should be called a head coach, rather than a football manager last summer? He was subliminally telling whoever could read between the lines that he's got no say on whom United bring in or not. He can only submit a list of players. The board then decides whether to pursue his targets or not.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ed-woodward-admits-made-mistake-14442178

That's Ed admitting his mistake in signing Sanchez. We all know Woodward sees commercial revenue first before football ability when it comes to marquee players. Before Sanchez, United went after Bastian, Di Maria, Falcao, etc. Were those Jose's signings too or you simply cannot see a similar pattern of Woodward's incompetence concerning transfers?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How many times did Jose say he should be called a head coach, rather than a football manager last summer?
Jose said many things and he was proven liar.

2016-17
Pogba - He wanted to sign him even when he was at Chelsea
Ibra - Only reason he signed was because of Jose
Bailly - He himself confirmed that Jose's call made him join the club.

2017-18
Lindelof - Jose's mouthpiece Duncan reported 6 months before the player was signed that he was top of the list of CBs Jose wants
Lukaku - Jose's ex player and Jose was the reason he joined
Matic - same like Lukaku
Sanchez - This we can argue all day

2018-19
Dalot - Duncan reported club didn't even scout him and it was Jose's network that landed him
Fred - Jose himself talked about Brazilian player and how team without Brazilian is not a team at all. Again Duncan said in one of his podcast that Fred was Jose's #1 midfield target.

Tel074

I thought Zlatan was a good pickup at the time and did fairly well for the most part. But then it turns out he was being paid to be a megastar and he certainly wasnt that for us
All our players are paid huge wages yet you choose to pick Zlatan out for not doing enough to justify his huge wages . Very very strange

roonster09

Scout
Also tbf to Jose, I think many fans were happy with the signings. Only player I didn't want was Lindelof (or didnt want him after watching him few games for us) but rest looked like good signings at that time.

Jackal

Jose said many things and he was proven liar.

2016-17
Pogba - He wanted to sign him even when he was at Chelsea
Ibra - Only reason he signed was because of Jose
Bailly - He himself confirmed that Jose's call made him join the club.
United had always wanted Pogba
Ibra came because of Jose
Bailly - Jose never trusts rookies in his defence. From Porto to Chelsea to Madrid to Chelsea(2.0)

2017-18
Lindelof - Jose's mouthpiece Duncan reported 6 months before the player was signed that he was top of the list of CBs Jose wants
Lukaku - Jose's ex player and Jose was the reason he joined
Matic - same like Lukaku
Sanchez - This we can argue all day
Lindelof - Another rookie in the defence(Jose relies on experience in his defence)
Lukaku - Necessary evil. If he really wanted him from the jump, he would have signed him in 16/17. Jose preferred Costa to him which led to Lukakau going to Everton.
Matic - Jose signing
Sanchez - Woodward's wet dream. More shirts to sell as per the iconic #7, piano showboating, etc.

2018-19
Dalot - Duncan reported club didn't even scout him and it was Jose's network that landed him
Fred - Jose himself talked about Brazilian player and how team without Brazilian is not a team at all. Again Duncan said in one of his podcast that Fred was Jose's #1 midfield target.
None of these scraps can be regarded as Jose's signings. The task at hand was to close the 19 points gap on City. If i remember correctly, the Brazilian Jose was talking about was Willian of Chelsea, not Fred. Jose submitted a 5-man transfer list about 4 months before the transfer of 2018. The names on the list were Willian, Alderweireld, Milinkovic-Savic, Bale and Alex Sandro.

roonster09

Scout
United had always wanted Pogba
Ibra came because of Jose
Bailly - Jose never trusts rookies in his defence. From Porto to Chelsea to Madrid to Chelsea(2.0)

Lindelof - Another rookie in the defence(Jose relies on experience in his defence)
Lukaku - Necessary evil. If he really wanted him from the jump, he would have signed him in 16/17. Jose preferred Costa to him which led to Lukakau going to Everton.
Matic - Jose signing
Sanchez - Woodward's wet dream. More shirts to sell as per the iconic #7, piano showboating, etc.

None of these scraps can be regarded as Jose's signings. The task at hand was to close the 19 points gap on City. If i remember correctly, the Brazilian Jose was talking about was Willian of Chelsea, not Fred. Jose submitted a 5-man transfer list about 4 months before the transfer of 2018. The names on the list were Willian, Alderweireld, Milinkovic-Savic, Bale and Alex Sandro.
:lol:

We have to ignore what players said and believe gut feelings.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Lindelof is shit. I don’t know if he put a genjutsu on the fanbase to think he’s decent, but he is shit, and has been shit for the majority of his time here, incredibly suspect defender, so much so that average performances from him were hailed as good/great. The guy is shit.
So you want to say that he is shit?:lol::lol:

I disagree. I think that he is very good defender. I rate him very very highly.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sheesh this thread, people can’t just move on. Ole’s signings are all looking very good, good to see a new direction, I hope he gets time to reap the rewards.
All Jose's signings( and Lvg's) were great in first few months

tomaldinho1

The revisionism in this thread is stupendously fun to read.

Whilst we can debate how much influence manager's have on signings because it's clearly not 100% all of Mou's signings were his own and he would have had the ability to veto. You can argue that he might not have got his No1 target (Perisic as a publicised example) for a position but he himself was the one who explained that he gave Woodward a list of players per position, ordered by preference. In all but the last window he was backed and was delivered players.

All manager's make dud signings but we've had more than our fair share over the last few years. Luckily the current crop actually look to be hitting the ground running, if we have another solid transfer window we might actually have the platform to push for trophies again in a couple of years.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It's staggering how many flops we've had. LVG came in and cleared Fergie's deadwood. Then he signed a load of shite who Jose had to clear up. Then he signed a load of shite which Ole has had to clear up. The worst thing is Ole is also still having to clear up some of Fergie's shite. We are pretty rotten. It's promising though that the 3 players we signed in the Summer have probably been our 3 best players so far, but let's see how long that lasts.

Irwin99

Genuinely wonder if some of his signings (and LVG's to some extent) were 'his' own and not Ed's. Mkhitaryan in particular is just not a Jose player. That's not excusing either LVG or Jose for the often terrible football that they made us watch.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Our post-Fergie signings prior to this Summer are just horrific, not just Jose's:

Fellaini – Never a United player but great at what he did.
Mata – Good signing. Still a useful player now. Was he ever as good as he was at Chelsea? Absolutely not
Herrera – Decent
Shaw – Still waiting for him to live up to what he promised
Rojo – Crap but had one ok season
Di Maria – Pretty crap
Blind – Did a good job
Falcao – Awful
Memphis – Crap
Schneiderlin – Crap
BFS – Crap
Darmian – Awful
Martial – Still waiting for him to live up to what he promised, but good prospect
Ibrahimovic – Did a job but short term
Bailly – Pretty crap – injury prone
Mkhitaryan – Crap
Pogba – Never lived up to expectation
Lindelof – Starting to look like a decent buy
Lukaku – Pretty crap
Matic – Good for a few months but short term, pretty past it now
Sanchez – Awful
Dalot – Prospect but hard to say
Fred – Pretty crap

Compare that to Fergie’s signings in the previous 6 years:

Zaha – Crap
Buttner – Did a job but short term
Van Persie – Unreal Signing
Kagawa – Pretty Crap
Young – Done a job
Jones – Pretty crap
De Gea – Unreal signing, something of a club legend
Hernandez – Great signing, exceeded expectations massively
Bebe – Awful
Obertan – Awful
Owen – Did a job short term
Valencia – Good signing
Tosic – Rubbish
Berbatov – Pretty good signing
Anderson – Never lived up to expectations but decent
Nani – Good signing but never lived up fully to expectations for long enough anyway
Tevez – Great signing
Hargreaves – Good but short term

Our signings haven’t been good enough for well over 10 years now. Not sure what’s happened but prior to these lists was:

Carrick – Club legend
Vidic – Club legend
Evra – Club legend
Park – Club legend
Van Der Sar – Club legend
Rooney – Club legend

What happened?

Sorry if I've missed players.

manutddjw

You can’t have it both ways. Ed is Glazer puppet that is only out to protect the Glazers bottom line, yet he goes into business for himself and spends millions on players the manager doesn’t want? How does that make sense?

I’m on the Glazer puppet side, but doesn’t Ed look better if the spreadsheet doesn’t have an extra 50 million in expenses from last year on it? Why would he spend money on something the manager doesn’t want?

Red_toad

All Jose's signings( and Lvg's) were great in first few months
No they weren’t. Falcao only ever looked like the shadow of the player he was. Aside from Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Martial and that Argentine rat, who else looked like they belonged at United and had a defined role in the team? Maybe Matic?

Bailly, Blind, Lindelof, Memphis, Miki etc etc etc all showed promise, but at the same time weren’t obvious choices for the roles they were asked to perform in.

El-Manos

We’ve been really unlucky with Bailly. If it wasn’t for his injuries he would be first choice no doubt.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No they weren’t. Falcao only ever looked like the shadow of the player he was. Aside from Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Martial and that Argentine rat, who else looked like they belonged at United and had a defined role in the team? Maybe Matic?

Bailly, Blind, Lindelof, Memphis, Miki etc etc etc all showed promise, but at the same time weren’t obvious choices for the roles they were asked to perform in.
Yes they were. For example Bailly and Depay were praised even by oppo fans. But by your logic; you already know that James and AWB are great signings based on these few games?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Eric Baily (huge potential when signed, actually we've seen some glimpses of him in his 1st season. And personally I haven't given up on him just yet)

Zlatan (came cause of Mourinho in the first place, but quality nonetheless)

Mkhitaryan (part of the deal for Pogba, had a terrific last season in Dortmund noone expected him to flop that way. Had a great Europa league.)

Pogba (not a Mourinho signing, actually If I remember correctly I read some where that Ed has been working on his transfer the past 3 years.)

Lindelof (huge potential, but I think I can remember how the caf responded to his first season here)

Lukaku (not even close to shit, you're just too biased)

Matic (very good first 6 months, still quality for his age and better than Mctominay, people moan about Carrick when he left but all he was doing was 3m passes sideways, no risk no anything)

Alexis (worst transfer ever by a mile, I think we can agree on this one)

Fred (has potential, but I'm leaning on flop, I think with a real coach would deploy his talent better. Pep wanted him, he would be able to get that out of him)

Dalot (ok, has potential, needs time)

Grant (goalkeeper's coach)

feck me people still moan about Mourinho like he's the second coming of Moyes(hate that cnut)
But Mourinho got us playing some great stuff on his 1st season that everybody seem to forget, yeah not perfect but you could see that with one or two twitches we could be challenging.
A lot of people myself included expected mikhi to flop just like kagawa. He was never that special.

The rest are all just excuses. If you cant accept how shit of a signing lukaku and matic have been you're biased.

We are obsessed with Mourinho because its inprotant people realize how much he fecked us up before getting impatient with ole.

flappyjay

Take that L and don't make excuses, let's move on. Jose's biggest failures hurt us and him the most
Matic is hands down his signing and he performed for 3 months then was average. Now he is horrible. Lukaku another expensive flop then the mother of them all Alexis. People bang about how he is Eds signing. But I remember Jose being so excited that he proclaimed he wouldn't need to sign a forward in the summer.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Stop trying to pin our failed transfers on Jose. He's just one of the causes.

Our club has been shite at recruitment for a long time now. Should have brought in a specialist in this area after dropping the ball with Ronaldinho, Robben, Hazard.

Need a DOF urgently.

Tel074

Because he was paid more than most
He still contributed way more than the like of Jones for his huge wages or Rojo or Young or let's talk about Sanchez . But nah you speak about one of our only successful signings of the recent history . Bizarre

shamans

Baily was definately not shit. In the beginning he was brilliant for us and looked to be one of the best signings from that window. Sanchez is just a mystery for me. At the time it seemed right to get him. I think we got his twin brother. Apart from the mystery of Sanchez, his worse signing imo is Fred. Pogba being his best of course.
All said and done, Bailey is shit. Having a good 4-5 months in the beginning means nothing. Is that what he was signed for? We are still looking for CB's. That should say enough about Bailey. Even if he was good, he is not even reliable so definitely shit.

Sanchez was not a mystery for many. Contrary to the whole "so 31 is old now? :lol: " meme's on the caf, Sanchez for the amount of mileage he has had was an aging attacker. His last season at Arsenal was terrible.

shamans

How much say does a manager actually have as to who we sign? A short list of potential stars. That's it. He had a bad run, but so does every manager. What about LVG or Moyes' signings? They were shit too. Fergie signed some absolute turds, while you're at it.
Moyes and LVG had mixed success. Mourinho was a total failure. 90 percent of his signings were garbage

United Hobbit

I think the problem with Bailly is he usually does glimpses of something good but then cant get any consistency together as he usually then does something stupid and gets sent off or gets injured, rinse and repeat

Sanchez is the one that disappointed me most and his piano video just added to the excitement, sadly that's been the best thing about him and he's completely messed up our wage structure, not necessarily his fault more the club's but him getting all that money while performing like that has probably caused all the contract disputes we have been having lately. He also keeps getting injured.

Much as I want Pogba to stay and love some of the passes he does I can see WHY he frustrates people including Jose as he can do such fantastic passageways of play but when hes not performing hes infuriating especially as you know what he can do. I think it would be less frustrating if he just genuinely wasn't good enough. I know we are probably adding to the problem playing him in a position that doesn't necessarily suit him but even so. Like I said I want him to stay as I think if he leaves we are truly up the creek without a paddle I just wish he was a bit more consistent

If we don't see Fred after the international break, especially in the Europa, given he should have been making up the lost training time from pre season while everyone was away on internationals, then there is obviously a bigger problem behind the scenes.

United Hobbit

Also I've like what I've seen so far of Ole's 3 signings, however it is impossible they are coached correctly else they too will start to lose form and we will be in the same position starting a thread about them- for example I'm really pleased with how Dan James is doing but he still needs work in some areas, let's just hope the coaches are able to spot that and help him work on that to help him develop. Seeing Rashford struggle lately makes me wonder if they know what they need to do to get him back on form.

I have been very impressed with all 3 new signings, especially their attitudes however we cant just rely on people having good attitudes, they need coaching properly to help them develop.

Red_toad

Yes they were. For example Bailly and Depay were praised even by oppo fans. But by your logic; you already know that James and AWB are great signings based on these few games?
Yes by my logic they're all looking very good, which in turn you turned into they're great signings. Bravo.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I don't need to be on the board of the club to know the motive behind each signing.....

The link you posted has no bearing at all - what do you expect Jose to say concerning the signings of his CEO? "Alright, fellas. welcome to this press conference. I'd like to categorically state I do not like the signings made this window." Is it crack? Obviously, he's got to come out and do PR stunts like all is well in the hood.

How many times did Jose say he should be called a head coach, rather than a football manager last summer? He was subliminally telling whoever could read between the lines that he's got no say on whom United bring in or not. He can only submit a list of players. The board then decides whether to pursue his targets or not.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ed-woodward-admits-made-mistake-14442178

That's Ed admitting his mistake in signing Sanchez. We all know Woodward sees commercial revenue first before football ability when it comes to marquee players. Before Sanchez, United went after Bastian, Di Maria, Falcao, etc. Were those Jose's signings too or you simply cannot see a similar pattern of Woodward's incompetence concerning transfers?
What a load of shit. The arse clown has spent his entire career running from burning dumpster fires that he creates in order retain his reputation as a top class manager.

Problem for him now is only deluded fools are buying into his bullshit at United. He unequivocally failed after being backed by some 400 million worth of signings and the club finally evaluated his proposals and said no. Look at the list on my op, rightly so.

You don’t think I’m right? Why isn’t he in a managing job? Nobody within the Jose “circle of clubs I’m willing to put reputation on the line with” (ie cashed to the moon) want to touch him with a 10 foot barge pole.