Mou's United vs Ranieri's Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There were some that still brought up Mourinho got United 2nd place before.

Which one is the bigger achievement? Mou's United 2nd in 2017/18, or Ranieri's Leicester 1st in 2015/16.

And were they rightly sacked on the season afterward? Or should both teams persist with those until at least the end of season?

Listar

Which one is the bigger achievement? Mou's United 2nd in 2017/18, or Ranieri's Leicester 1st in 2015/16.

And were they rightly sacked on the season afterward? Or should both teams persist with those until at least the end of season?
Bigger acheivement? Are you taking a piss here?

Amerifan

Orders of magnitude different accomplishments.

Ranieri shouldn’t have been sacked because Kante was the key to the team and Shakespeare a back stabber.

Mou should have been supported with a top CB at least. He was never going to play attacking football with our defense. Once he didn’t get that he knew he’d never beat Pep and the sack was inevitable.

Panther

Definitely Mourinho finishing 2nd. Everyone was expecting Leicester to walk the league but United finishing 2nd seemed impossible before the start of the season.

obviously not.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Definitely Mourinho finishing 2nd. Everyone was expecting Leicester to walk the league but United finishing 2nd seemed impossible before the start of the season.

obviously not.
Agreed on the white text

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jose achieving 2nd without any doubt. It's the best achievement in the football history or any sport by any team.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Ranieri shouldn’t have been sacked because Kante was the key to the team and Shakespeare a back stabber.

Mou should have been supported with a top CB at least. He was never going to play attacking football with our defense. Once he didn’t get that he knew he’d never beat Pep and the sack was inevitable.
He was backed by significantly and failed to deliver with a centre back. That's his own failing not the clubs.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

I dunno, is learning to wank for the first time a bigger achievement than losing your virginity?

Dont fecking answer that questions @Eyepopper

Amerifan

He was backed by significantly and failed to deliver with a centre back. That's his own failing not the clubs.
Mou certainly was backed, but I think not getting a CB was the realization he’d never beat Pep. I don’t know what happened behind the scenes, obviously, but I recall an interview towards the end where he said he submitted 5 CB names and got none of them. Maguire was supposedly on that list but was was too expensive.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Mou's 2nd place finish was the bigger achievement for Mou.

Ranieri's title was the bigger one for everybody else.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Isotope has a wicked sense of humour, it must be said.

Bojan11

You know crackers like your bio says, but are you sure you are not crackers yourself?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol::lol::lol:

The former special one has conned a lot of you.
Anyway. Do you think Leicester has better standard, sacking Ranieri after winning the League; while many of us are still clinging to that Mou's taking us 2nd?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
How on earth has anybody even considered this a potentially serious post? fecking hell :lol:

Skills

Snitch

So if he got Maguire last season, you think Mourinho would've had us challenging Man City and Liverpool last season?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Are you taking the piss?

Real tough one this mate. The team who narrowly avoided relegation and spent about £10m going on to win the league or the biggest team in the country spending £150m and finishing 2nd... I'm really not sure about this one chief :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So if he got Maguire last season, you think Mourinho would've had us challenging Man City and Liverpool last season?
Yes and with Perisic we would have won PL, CL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and even World cup.

Skills

Snitch
Yes and with Perisic we would have won PL, CL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and even World cup.
I can already imagine the next set of excuses lining up. I.e. Mourinho wasn't backed by the board in getting rid of Pogba and getting him Savic.

Amerifan

I do not. Both are better managed. I think not getting a world class defender like Klopp and Pep got was what he used to justify his inability to take the team any further. His ego would not let him be content with 3rd season after season.

Last edited:

Amerifan

I can already imagine the next set of excuses lining up. I.e. Mourinho wasn't backed by the board in getting rid of Pogba and getting him Savic.
Pep was being criticized for how much he spent on CBs, and Klopp got VVD. Mourinho had an excuse that supported his ego, he didn’t need more.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yeah, this thread is kind of dumb.

Close Shitters

Status
Not open for further replies.