Moussa Dembele (OL)

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
This is out new Wesley Schneider, linked every single year :lol:

Its almost as if we don’t have any other players on our radar

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t know much about him but this is the kind of transfer that makes more sense as a gamble.

Id be happy if we go for him.

Laurencio

He's a quality striker, would be very surprised if we actually landed him.

croadyman

SMS and Dembele would show long term targets finally being signed, however doubt there's anything in this one.

Dubai_Red

Someone I know is part of Dembele's legal team (Manchester based lawyer - google 'Moussa Dembele lawyer'). He happens to work at Brandsmiths, the same law firm that Tom Keane worked at before he joined the United recruitment team. Dembele is high up on our list and available for around 18m euros. With Lacazette seen as a god in Lyon, and only 1 year left on Dembele's contract, he is available - and Lyon are keen to sell.

There are a few names still ahead of him on the list but as we get closer to the end of the window, it would be a deal that would be attractive to United, Lyon and the player. Wouldn't surprise me if we moved on this in the next week or so.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Someone I know is part of Dembele's legal team (Manchester based lawyer - google 'Moussa Dembele lawyer'). He happens to work at Brandsmiths, the same law firm that Tom Keane worked at before he joined the United recruitment team. Dembele is high up on our list and available for around 18m euros. With Lacazette seen as a god in Lyon, and only 1 year left on Dembele's contract, he is available - and Lyon are keen to sell.

There are a few names still ahead of him on the list but as we get closer to the end of the window, it would be a deal that would be attractive to United, Lyon and the player. Wouldn't surprise me if we moved on this in the next week or so.
Amen if true, he'd guarantee goals which we desperately need

NoPace

He can head the ball and I think he'd fit us okay, but tough to see him being better than a 1 in 3 striker. Edouard was seen as similar level (not as good in the air or hold up play, better dribbler and first touch) by Celtic fans and he doesn't really seem much better than Mateta so it feels like we're talking about guys who'd get about 10 goals in 30 games for us.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Gonna call BS. Why would a FRENCH footballer have lawyers based in North-West England? And why would they know where he's going for his next club when he has an agent to do that?

croadyman

Any idea who is ahead, my gut feeling would be Morata, Kaladjzic but not sure outside of that

Last edited:

bosskeano

He has been excellent for Lyon, he is one of the few traditional strikers around.
he's a 9 that is a solid player....Icardi is the other one we are linked with that is a normal 9. Otherwise we should be looking at ziyech or pulisic as they seem surplus to Tuchel

In Rainbows

Didn't this guy get benched at Lyon by Lacazette?
He only just got there so it's not a big deal at all.

Gonna call BS. Why would a FRENCH footballer have lawyers based in North-West England? And why would they know where he's going for his next club when he has an agent to do that?
It makes sense in that Dembele was a youth talent at Fulham. He was actually the striker who was scoring at a better clip than James Wilson at the time, but also had more technical ability.

OleGunnar20

Surely we can do better.
I doubt it. Striker market is sparse at the moment and we're a shambles. Dembele is a classic #9 and proven goalscorer, not something to be sniffed at when we're being linked with the likes of De-Tomas, Kalajdzic and Arnautovic.

Real Name

I doubt it. Striker market is sparse at the moment and we're a shambles. Dembele is a classic #9 and proven goalscorer, not something to be sniffed at when we're being linked with the likes of De-Tomas, Kalajdzic and Arnautovic.
Some of our fans live in a land where United is still top dogs and can choose who to sign without CL football to offer.

Zoo

Some of our fans live in a land where United is still top dogs and can choose who to sign without CL football to offer.
Nah I just don't see him adding much value. Would rather go leftfield and get someone Kalajdzic or Brereton-Diaz then this guy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nah I just don't see him adding much value. Would rather go leftfield and get someone Kalajdzic or Brereton-Diaz then this guy.
What makes Kaladjzic better? They are in the same age range and Dembélé has been far more productive.

arthurka

Well if Dembele (copy 3) is still being considered we are certainly not rushing anything.

Zoo

What makes Kaladjzic better? They are in the same age range and Dembélé has been far more productive.
True maybe I just want something new and different. Feel like I've seen enough of Dembele over the years.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@JPRouve I've not managed to watch much of him recently but I thought he was mint at Celtic (coming from a Rangers fan). Strong, quick, could do everything up front and a player I wished we looked at years ago. You think it would still be a good signing if we went for it?

SparkedIntoLife

I’d take him. Did really well for Lyon last season and seems to be fulfilling his potential. He’s classified as home grown too, which could be useful. As long as he’s no more than 30/40m, he represents a better option than most of the strikers linked. Long term we probably need someone with a higher ceiling but I could see him being a kinda Louis Saha type who was a great bridge between Van Nistelrooy and the maturing of Rooney and Ronaldo (not that we’re anywhere near that flushed with quality).