Moussa Dembele

Jacob

Too many Dembeles these days. Losing track of who is good and not.

steakpie

Watched him at Celtic. Definitely not good enough for United. Lukaku has a better touch, seriously.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No chance is this true. He's not even better than Depay up front.

Bwuk

Watched him at Celtic. Definitely not good enough for United. Lukaku has a better touch, seriously.
No he doesn't. Dembele is a better target man than Lukaku.

I think he's a decent player, but he's not at the level we need though. I half expected Everton to go for him when they sold Lukaku.

Hoof the ball

Sadly enough, this one has all the likelihood of being true.

There's Jovic, Piatek, and a vast array of future WC strikers on the horizon and we'll end up with the one who flatters playing in Ligue 1, as all strikers do there. Meanwhile, the other big Euro clubs sweep up the aforementioned from Frankfurt and Milan, respectively.

You can put your money on it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

There's Jovic, Piatek, and a vast array of future WC strikers on the horizon and we'll end up with the one who flatters playing in Ligue 1, as all strikers do there. Meanwhile, the other big Euro clubs sweep up the aforementioned from Frankfurt and Milan, respectively.

They don't, in fact Germany is where Ligue 1 strikers tend to perform.

sp_107

I cant look at any other apart from Aouar, Ndombele, Fekir in that Lyons team.

Aouar comes as a very good CM next to someone like Neves.

I like Neves/Aouar/Bruno or Neves/Tielsman/Bruno in the centre midfield.

JPRouve

Scout
Lyon are weird, team full of FM worldies but they are generally wank when you watch them.
It's not weird when your head coach is average within Ligue 1. When he manages to keep them focus, they are a pain to play against because they create chances with extreme ease but it happens only once every 3 games.

Jaxa

When are we all going to realise that recognised WC talent and future WC talent doesn't always equal success, especially for us, sctually it rarely has even back in Sir Alex's days, Fergie rarely bought flavour of the month talent, only ever on that very special player like Rooney and Rio as an example, go back and look at our transfer windows under him, imagine this generation of everyone being a Social Media Football Scout back then ? it would of been Bedlem, why are we signing this unknown Serbian guy called Vidic ! Evra ? Are we really signing a winger from Wigan, Valencia ?

Just examples, my point being is im sick of us signing players just because they've had a brilliant season at there club, because it wont necessarily mean they will have the exact same at our's if they don't fit our system, Di Maria, Falcao, Mata, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, were they all what the team needed or was it what Man Ut'd commercial side needed,

I dont know if Dembele would be a good fit for our club or not, but I do know Solskjaer and the rest of the team know better than all of us here, we all were certain after vigorous Youtube scouting Morata was exactly what we needed and well look how that turned out for Chelsea,

Let's give Ole and his team a chance to do there job this summer and get what they think is the right kind of players for this club and not get into a fit of rage because some clickbait article said otherwise.

P.s this wasnt an attack just on you HTB, just an example as I see this stuff all over the forum

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dembele was a Person of Interest to me a year ago, and one I said to myself that I will watch and see how he does in his step up before deciding whether I see him as a United player. In my opinion, he’s not good enough, having seen him at Lyon for a year.

Devil may care

When are we all going to realise that recognised WC talent and future WC talent doesn't always equal success, especially for us, sctually it rarely has even back in Sir Alex's days, Fergie rarely bought flavour of the month talent, only ever on that very special player like Rooney and Rio as an example, go back and look at our transfer windows under him, imagine this generation of everyone being a Social Media Football Scout back then ? it would of been Bedlem, why are we signing this unknown Serbian guy called Vidic ! Evra ? Are we really signing a winger from Wigan, Valencia ?

Just examples, my point being is im sick of us signing players just because they've had a brilliant season at there club, because it wont necessarily mean they will have the exact same at our's if they don't fit our system, Di Maria, Falcao, Mata, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, were they all what the team needed or was it what Man Ut'd commercial side needed,

I dont know if Dembele would be a good fit for our club or not, but I do know Solskjaer and the rest of the team know better than all of us here, we all were certain after vigorous Youtube scouting Morata was exactly what we needed and well look how that turned out for Chelsea,

Let's give Ole and his team a chance to do there job this summer and get what they think is the right kind of players for this club and not get into a fit of rage because some clickbait article said otherwise.

P.s this wasnt an attack just on you HTB, just an example as I see this stuff all over the forum
Our last manager had ten times the experience of Ole and thought Lukaku was the right choice, now look at the mess we are in, something plenty of posters here forewarned when it came to Lukaku.

Lyon are on TV most weekends, lots of posters watch them as they have several players of interest, some of whom we've been linked to, so they'll have seen Dembele play, he's an average striker, no better than what we already have.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Jovic or Piatek please

gulli_G

We would need a striker to replace Lukaku but not impede Greenwood.

JPRouve

Scout
I've barely watched him but this looks at least somewhat promising

He is promising, he doesn't really have obvious weaknesses other than being a traditional striker and being a jack of all trades master of none. He kind of reminds me Falcao, he isn't really a poacher, not really a target man and he is involved in the build up with one-twos. Now the issue is that because he is supposed to be a complete player, he needs to improve in all aspects of his game in order to become a top player, he should stay at Lyon and play week in week out if he wants a good chance to exploit his potential.

AR87

He is promising, he doesn't really have obvious weaknesses other than being a traditional striker and being a jack of all trades master of none. He kind of reminds me Falcao, he isn't really a poacher, not really a target man and he is involved in the build up with one-twos. Now the issue is that because he is supposed to be a complete player, he needs to improve in all aspects of his game in order to become a top player, he should stay at Lyon and play week in week out if he wants a good chance to exploit his potential.
How is his touch in comparison to Rom's? Is he able to create chances for himself with the ball at his feet? Does he drift out wide at times or does he stick centrally for the most part?

JPRouve

Scout
How is his touch in comparison to Rom's? Is he able to create chances for himself with the ball at his feet? Does he drift out wide at times or does he stick centrally for the most part?
Technically he is reliable comparable to Giroud, he creates chances for himself with good runs, he really plays like a striker not like the modern hybrid forwards, so he is mainly a players that stays centrally and other players can play around him.

AR87

Technically he is reliable comparable to Giroud, he creates chances for himself with good runs, he really plays like a striker not like the modern hybrid forwards, so he is mainly a players that stays centrally and other players can play around him.
Sounds like he's comfortable as a lone striker or in a partnership then? Seems like Ole wants strikers capable of both.

Camilo

Snodgrass is EPL ready and vastly experienced. Madness we're not in for him instead.

Dozer

If we are in for a striker, we should look no further than Luka Jovic.
He signed permanently for Frankfurt only a fortnight ago. He was coming to the end of a two year loan spell. He won't be moving.

JPRouve

Scout
Sounds like he's comfortable as a lone striker or in a partnership then? Seems like Ole wants strikers capable of both.
I can't really answer because Lyon don't play with a lone striker all that often but I don't really see why he wouldn't be able to do it, he is mobile, physical and can link up. For me the question isn't about his profile because he is complete but his overall level, I think that he isn't there yet but in a year or two he could be.

AR87

I can't really answer because Lyon don't play with a lone striker all that often but I don't really see why he wouldn't be able to do it, he is mobile, physical and can link up. For me the question isn't about his profile because he is complete but his overall level, I think that he isn't there yet but in a year or two he could be.
Cheers, mate. If we buy him sounds like somebody that will need to be given time and patience from Ole to develop. I'm fine with that since it fits in with what he's said about this being a 2-3 project to get to the level we want and I think Ole's willing to see that through with young players who put in the hard work consistently.

Kostov

He signed permanently for Frankfurt only a fortnight ago. He was coming to the end of a two year loan spell. He won't be moving.
I guess you missed all the constant speculation about Madrid and he already turned down Barca because of game time according to his father. Jovic will move this summer if a good offer arrives, Frankfurt seem like willing to sell and will make profit.

He signed for a measly (in PL terms) €7m, tying him for Eintracht's record transfer in. Their record transfer out was Trapp to PSG for €9.5m

Their wages this season are around €50m. National TV deal is around €50-60m.

If a club offers €60m for Jović, he's gone. That's absolutely mad money for any German mid-table club.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He has 12 league goals in the French league and got 9 in his last season in the SPL.... and people lose their shit at Lukaku.

Lukaku would tear up those leagues.

Would lose lots of faith in Ole if this turned out to be true.