Moussa Dembele

Champagne Football

Hilarious.

Same people giving Lukaku and Rashford shit will be doing the same to Dembele if he was to join.
So many on here were saying Tielemans, Moutinho, Fabinho etc were not good enough before they came to the PL. I think Dembele will excel in the PL considering he already excelled in the PL with Fulham as an 18 year old.

haram

So many on here were saying Tielemans, Moutinho, Fabinho etc were not good enough before they came to the PL. I think Dembele will excel in the PL considering he already excelled in the PL with Fulham as an 18 year old.
Excelled? He was playing for them in the championship.

Makaveli1

Just watched a highlight video on Scout Nation. Looks good but not world class as the title said. It's a concern when bad passes and misses are included in a highlight reel, bet Lukakus highlights are as good as that if not better.

Champagne Football

Excelled? He was playing for them in the championship.
He played games in the PL for Fulham from November 2013 until they got relegated in summer 2014.
Yes true it was in the Championship he excelled. It was strange he ended up at Celtic considering everything was agreed to go to Spurs in January until Levy last second decided he'd try to get him on a free transfer in the summer instead.
He looks like the kind of player who is ready to star for a big club now, similar to how Tielemans did not exactly grab the world's attention at Monaco but just looked like he was ready for bigger things.

haram

He played games in the PL for Fulham from November 2013 until they got relegated in summer 2014.
Yes true it was in the Championship he excelled. It was strange he ended up at Celtic considering everything was agreed to go to Spurs in January until Levy last second decided he'd try to get him on a free transfer in the summer instead.
He looks like the kind of player who is ready to star for a big club now, similar to how Tielemans did not exactly grab the world's attention at Monaco but just looked like he was ready for bigger things.
So he did not excel in the premier league then.

lsd

The Oracle
So he did not excel in the premier league then.

He stood out a mile at Fulham and was very sought after by a lot of top clubs including Utd before he went to Celtic.

He is totally different to Lukaku and has excelled every where he has been .

Would be very happy if we signed him this time around

haram

He stood out a mile at Fulham and was very sought after by a lot of top clubs including Utd before he went to Celtic.

He is totally different to Lukaku and has excelled every where he has been .

Would be very happy if we signed him this time around
It is false that he excelled in the premier league though. If you want to talk about players who excelled in this league we can talk about Lukaku.

lsd

The Oracle
It is false that he excelled in the premier league though. If you want to talk about players who excelled in this league we can talk about Lukaku.

Dembele is better so I'd rather talk about him

mattunited1978

doommonger
Id much prefer Dembele to Lukaku, if we can get Dembele in, Lukaku out and make a few quid in the process....Win Win for me.

TheRedScot

In Any Fight It’s The Guy Whose Willing To Die Who
Dembele is better so I'd rather talk about him
Are you sure about that. I maybe am 1 of a few rangers fans on here who also supports united. For a large part of last year he was unused by Rodgers. Many games he found himself on the bench.

He has a lazy touch, also his link up play isn't great especially his passing. He is far better in a counter attack system where he runs the lines. He is a good finisher though. Here at united he would be nothing more than a bench player.

He definitely isn't an upgrade on Lukaku. He is different but not an upgrade.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Are you sure about that. I maybe am 1 of a few rangers fans on here who also supports united. For a large part of last year he was unused by Rodgers. Many games he found himself on the bench.

He has a lazy touch, also his link up play isn't great especially his passing. He is far better in a counter attack system where he runs the lines. He is a good finisher though. Here at united he would be nothing more than a bench player.

I tend to agree I don’t see how he is better than Lukaku.

The only thing is though, his movement is probably better, but I don’t see him being an upgrade on Lukaku

haram

Well when most of the forum thinks Lukaku is total shit they think any striker is better than him.

AdNani

It’s pretty well known he fell out with Rodgers. And it was pretty obvious he was the best player in the league while he was there IMO,

He is an upgrade in terms of general play, his goal scoring will improve

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't think United should be in a rush to get this guy if he's not even a better finisher than Lukaku. He's still young though, there's an upside.

Cliche Guevara

He was good in his first season up here and as I remember Chelsea wanted him but wouldn’t pay the £40m Celtic were asking. No idea if that’s true of course.

The following season he had an injury and it wasn’t as good but Lyon still paid £20m which is a lot for a 21 y/o in Scotland.

Let’s face it, that’s the kind of career trajectory a World Class player would take, although I’m not suggesting he’ll become that good.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm not going to claim to have watched Dembele loads, but from the 10 or so games I've seen of him, he looks really good.

He was very good yesterday too.
The only thing that he doesn't have is the amount of games at a good level to back his potential. Otherwise as a traditional striker he has all the tools and know how to use them.

Dante

Average bang
I think our front 3 will be taken from 6: Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Sanchez, James and Lingard.

Mata, Lingard (again), Pereira and Gomes will share the #10 duties.

There are enough options already here. Granted, it's a little on the young side, but Ole seems to be in the LvG mould of wanting a small senior squad filled out with Academy graduates.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think those options are really exciting. Not least because we look to be applying a Dortmund/Liverpool approach to our attacking play this season: high press, quick counters, pacy movement between the lines and constant interchanging of position. It's the sort of system that turns previously low output players into regular goal/assist getters.

A top attacking side should be aiming for at least 80 goals in a PL season. We got 65 in 18/19. I think we're looking considerably more structured from front to back (both on paper and in our play during the summer). Ole's new tactics look good for an extra 15 without reinforcements, imo.

If should also be reiterated that Solskjaer said we were in for "1 or 2" more players. That's Maguire and Longstaff, judging by the most reliable reports. Dembele seems like a media concoction to me.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
The only thing that he doesn't have is the amount of games at a good level to back his potential. Otherwise as a traditional striker he has all the tools and know how to use them.
Appears to be the type of striker that are always at the right place at the right time?

His stats from this season looks intereresting anyway.

xpg from open play is 0,59. I think this is an interesting stats for two reasons:
- It tells you if a striker is able to get to chances,
- It does not always change much for a player when he change league (Lacazettes number is very similar at Arsenal as at Lyon, and btw not even close to Dembele)

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I've heard people describe him as a potential new Saha. Now I don't know whether he's that good because I haven't seen him enough, but if that's the kind of striker he could develop into I'd be thrilled to have him (Minus the injuries of course :nervous:)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s got fantastic movement, timing of his runs are very impressive.

His finishing is either bang on or useless, definitely a confidence person.

Great in the air or both feet, links up the play really well too. I think he’d fit in much better than Lukaku.

I do wonder though whether we will give martial a year to prove himself as a striker.

meninred

Some compare him with Lacazette. Not too bad but Lukaku has much better stats than Lacazette.

Edgio

I've heard people describe him as a potential new Saha. Now I don't know whether he's that good because I haven't seen him enough, but if that's the kind of striker he could develop into I'd be thrilled to have him (Minus the injuries of course :nervous:)
I've heard similar and I would take another Saha right now (without the injury problems of course)

MrSingh2002

Lukaku is a fair bit better than Dembele who isn't very fast and isn't the most mobile either.

Would be a downgrade.

Alemar

Why do we need to buy a squad player when we still badly need starters for other positions, and funds are limited? Substitute striker is less important than starting CM or RW