Moussa Dembele

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I like the look of Dembele, and I'd pleased if we signed him, especially if it's in January

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
6 goals from 7 games. All against minnows.

Better passer than Lukaku but severe downgrade in terms of aerial ability.

1.9 aerial duels won per game this season (4.1 for Lukaku)

dev1l

He fits in the type of striker we are lacking...a predator type.
I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know if he ll be a success or no over here (unlike some experts who seem to already know what will happen :).

redshaw

He does look decent on the ground. Could be what we need to make some of the forward play to feet stick better.

I guess we'll need to spend the Lukaku money. I don't think any less would sway Lyon.

We don't have anyone like this now Lukaku is gone tbh.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
If we give Aulas the money, Dembele will leave whether in Jan or this summer, but with Aulas, it's all about money.

I liked him since his time at Fulham as I think he can still develop into a very good footballer (not a Mbappe style, but probably better than what we have)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we give Aulas the money, Dembele will leave whether in Jan or this summer, but with Aulas, it's all about money.

I liked him since his time at Fulham as I think he can still develop into a very good footballer (not a Mbappe style, but probably better than what we have)
Lacazette level?

Hawks2008

Not sure about him, don't really think he would elevate us very much at all. Depay is better.

DoomSlayer

He would be a huge flop for the quoted money. Looks too slow in transitions and kind of clumsy, these sort of tricks and moves will never work in the PL.

dev1l

He would be a huge flop for the quoted money. Looks too slow in transitions and kind of clumsy, these sort of tricks and moves will never work in the PL.
He cannot be clumsier than Lukaku, can he? :)

DoomSlayer

He cannot be clumsier than Lukaku, can he? :)
If that is the bar, then I guess he can't be. :D But if we are going to gamble, why not look for talented players in lesser known teams, like we used to and like most other top teams do?

dev1l

If that is the bar, then I guess he can't be. :D But if we are going to gamble, why not look for talented players in lesser known teams, like we used to and like most other top teams do?
Because most fans want star players and any interest in up and coming players is swiftly dismissed as "scraping to the bottom of the barrel". Go to the Transfer Tweet thread and see how players which are not hyped, are treated. Most negative (and positive) comments are made by posters who never watched these players in a game.

Mind you I m 100 per cent with you on this subject

UnitedChampionsAgain

Looks decent and most importantly the type who appears able to create his own goals. The last thing we need is another expensive forward who relies on pinpoint passes to get him in as that is nonexistent in this side.

poleglass red

Like any high profile transfer there would be an element of risk esp if we bring him in jan as we have no creativity in our mid. But 2 things this lad is not, is clumsy or slow in transition.

DoomSlayer

Like any high profile transfer there would be an element of risk esp if we bring him in jan as we have no creativity in our mid. But 2 things this lad is not, is clumsy or slow in transition.
I've not really seen him play outside of a few CL games, but even his highlights look less than impressive. He won't be able to go past players like that with such raw moves in the PL, teams in our league are constantly all over you.

RyRy11

We can’t cross to save our life so shouldn’t make a huge difference.

RyRy11

I don’t personally rate him at £50m, I’m sure we could find a player on that level for cheaper but he’s played in Britain before and did look solid for Celtic.

joseph_p

Looks very good this guy. Good positioning, finishing and heading. Sturdy, has PL exp, reads game well. Can play with his back to the goal and possibly provide link up play for us something a la "not Lukaku". Certainly better than any thing we have at the moment. Can see him do really well if our full backs learn to cross any time soon and if we do ever get that natural left footed RW or IF.

Don't think Lion will let him leave for 50 mil. though, especially if we come to the their door at January, with the whiff of desperation that's around the club, that price could rise very high indeed.

Irrational.

Agreed.

If I was United, I'd be taking a good hard look at Donyell Malen at PSV. 13 goals already this season and he has the finishing touch that we're crying out for. Wouldn't cost a bomb and is a potential 25+ goals a season striker. Only 20 years old as well.

Thiagoal

Agreed.

If I was United, I'd be taking a good hard look at Donyell Malen at PSV. 13 goals already this season and he has the finishing touch that we're crying out for. Wouldn't cost a bomb and is a potential 25+ goals a season striker. Only 20 years old as well.
We need to be finding players like Dembele while they’re at smaller clubs before moving to mid tier! clubs like Celtic and Leicester can find them so why can’t we!

Champagne Football

I don’t personally rate him at £50m, I’m sure we could find a player on that level for cheaper but he’s played in Britain before and did look solid for Celtic.
If you looked at a Callum Wilson highlights reel then you'd be underwhelmed, yet for a few seasons he's been a very consistent PL goalscorer.
I think if we buy Moussa Dembele, it's possibly to keep Mason's place in the team warm for him, until Mason is ready to take over.

ash_86

Look like this. At 50m he only needs to be a better value than Fred :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Much better movement and hold up play than lukaku. He’s actually very good at heading, scores plenty from crosses.

While I don’t think he will be world class he’s a solid striker. We could do worse.

Alabaster Codify7

Yeah let's try for him in January for £20-30m more than he would have cost in the summer.

Stinking the way this club is run.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lyon don't sell in January, I don't remember them ever selling an important player in the middle of the season.

Bestietom

Dembele is still only 23 but can score goals, and would relish those crosses from James and whoever else can put them in from the right side.