Moussa Dembele

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Demebele will be the back up to Haaland I imagine, if he ends up having his head turned towards another side.

Roboc7

Could buy Eduoard for less than half the price probably. I feel like he will be every bit as good in a year or two, Dembele is a good player but would have to massively overpay to get him. Haaland would probably be cheaper as well.

Jibbs

The signing which would least excite me, and probably rightly so, he is just an average player with nothing exceptional about him. While ideally we should be targeting Haaland, I think we can do much better than Moussa Dembele by going for Victor Osimhen.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

This is a good source for French football. They're saying they have information that United are gonna offer €50m plus bonuses as their first offer.

This is the translation from SW.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What does preparing an offer actually mean? Are we jetting of to the closest ATM and getting it out manually or what? Are we using the ATMs that charge 99p?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

This is a good source for French football. They're saying they have information that United are gonna offer €50m plus bonuses as their first offer.

This is the translation from SW.

Footmercato are a shit source.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Footmercato are a shit source.
Also the story doesn't make sense. Rashford was first choice LW, if we need replacement we should be signing wide forward, not CF when Martial is playing well as CF.

JPRouve

Scout
Also the story doesn't make sense. Rashford was first choice LW, if we need replacement we should be signing wide forward, not CF when Martial is playing well as CF.
I didn't even read it. Footmercato are good as an aggregator, you click on the article and see what the source is, if it's footmercato then you can be sure that it's invented but most of the time they just use informations from someone else.

JPRouve

Scout
The info they have is said to come directly from the players reps. Could be the agent playing games of course.
That's made up, they do it all the time.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
James is the natural replacement for Rashford on the left because that's his best position. We actually need a striker who can play through the middle because Martial alone isn't gonna cut it with games coming thick and fast. Martial could also play on the left.

roonster09

Scout
James is the natural replacement for Rashford on the left because that's his best position. We actually need a striker who can play through the middle because Martial alone isn't gonna cut it with games coming thick and fast. Martial could also play on the left.
Martial's best position is CF and going by this season he is far more comfortable as CF. We need RW more than CF.

Signing Dembele because of Rashford's injury doesn't make sense and I'm sure this is just one more media bs.

Kostov

Going from Lukaku to this guy is a downgrade, if that was the plan all along then feck me let's just end this charade.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Martial's best position is CF and going by this season he is far more comfortable as CF. We need RW more than CF.

Signing Dembele because of Rashford's injury doesn't make sense and I'm sure this is just one more media bs.
Our RW target is Sancho according to most reliable reports. And he isn't available in January.

Signing a striker makes sense for the team though because we only have one player who could play that role which is Martial currently. We don't need to replace Rashford per say but rather his goal threat. And someone who can play through the middle makes much more sense currently. Even a loan would be good.

roonster09

Scout
Our RW target is Sancho according to most reliable reports. And he isn't available in January.

Signing a striker makes sense for the team though because we only have one player who could play that role which is Martial currently. We don't need to replace Rashford per say but rather his goal threat. And someone who can play through the middle makes much more sense currently. Even a loan would be good.
We need RW and now with Rashford's injury we need both wingers. We only have CF who is good enough. Signing CF who isn't good or versatile is very poor option to take.

Dembele isn't good enough to push Martial from CF position and isn't versatile. He would be just waste of money.

Anyways like @JPRouve said, they are unreliable source. So at least safe for now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

he's likely to leave, but Chelsea were linked more heavily earlier in the window.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We need RW and now with Rashford's injury we need both wingers. We only have CF who is good enough. Signing CF who isn't good or versatile is very poor option to take.

Dembele isn't good enough to push Martial from CF position and isn't versatile. He would be just waste of money.

Anyways like @JPRouve said, they are unreliable source. So at least safe for now.
I don't know much about Dembele so I can't say if he's gonna be beneficial for us. But we need to sign a striker now because Martial and James flanking the the new CF is more than adequate as far as the wingers go until Rashford returns. A loan was suggested by Ole yesterday and that would be to our benefit in our current predicament. Signing a RW now makes no sense for a club that has ear marked Jadon Sancho as the longterm target for the position.

Signing Bruno Fernandes and a striker on loan will probably be the best way forward in the current window without compromising on longterm targets.

roonster09

Scout
I don't know much about Dembele so I can't say if he's gonna be beneficial for us. But we need to sign a striker now because Martial and James flanking the the new CF is more than adequate as far as the wingers go until Rashford returns. A loan was suggested by Ole yesterday and that would be to our benefit in our current predicament. Signing a RW now makes no sense for a club that has ear marked Jadon Sancho as the longterm target for the position.

Signing Bruno Fernandes and a striker on loan will probably be the best way forward in the current window without compromising on longterm targets.
Chances of signing Sancho is very slim and we can't make decisions on something that has good chance of not happening.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Chances of signing Sancho is very slim and we can't make decisions on something that has good chance of not happening.
It's been reported by some very reliable journos that United are quietly confident of completing a deal for Sancho in the summer. So I interpret that as us getting very positive vibes from his camp regards a potential deal. But he's definitely a player we should hold out for imo.

And if he doesn't sign then i'd hope we turn our attention to Chiesa from Fiorentina who could potentially be available.

Roboc7

It's been reported by some very reliable journos that United are quietly confident of completing a deal for Sancho in the summer. So I interpret that as us getting very positive vibes from his camp regards a potential deal. But he's definitely a player we should hold out for imo.

And if he doesn't sign then i'd hope we turn our attention to Chiesa from Fiorentina who could potentially be available.
There’s zero chance of Sancho coming here, it’s a pipe dream even if he wanted to come here there isn’t the money to buy him.

We need some realistic targets and essentially cheaper players, can’t make more signings like Maguire.

I can’t see us buying Dembele, he’s nothing special and would take a huge fee to get him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There’s zero chance of Sancho coming here, it’s a pipe dream even if he wanted to come here there isn’t the money to buy him.

We need some realistic targets and essentially cheaper players, can’t make more signings like Maguire.

I can’t see us buying Dembele, he’s nothing special and would take a huge fee to get him.
I think money will be made available for Sancho and we'll probably make a substantial amount from sales in the summer.

roonster09

Scout

Agree with Chiesa bit, very good player. Would be great addition to the team

stu_1992

Would be an expensive backup player in my opinion. I mean he'd play while Rashford is out for sure, though Martial would have to go to the wing. But other than that I don't see him pushing into a starting position in this set-up. Not a better player than Lukaku, all things considered.

Marat

Dembele is not talented enough to play here... average technique, lack of agility. He is good when it comes to header and ball protection but he can spend hours without scoring or being involved in goals.
And Lyon cannot sell any offensive players since Depay and Adelaid are injuried.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The issue being that Fiorentina are now minted, aren't they?
Their new Italian/American owner is wealthy that's for sure. Juventus did try and sign him in the summer according to reports but the new owner didn't even entertain the idea of selling his star man.

Alabaster Codify7

I don't see this being true. To be honest, from what I've seen of him he's a worse version of Lukaku. It would be a huge panic buy.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

As a resident avid Lyon follower
There's almost no chance they're selling this winter, Toko-Ekambi is being bought because Garcia is playing Cornet as Left Back with Traore,Dembele,Cherki and Terrier upfront meaning he only has 1 attacker left on the bench : Gouiri.
At least that's the explaination he gave.

Come next summer he might move but I'm not sure the interest will still be there with someone like Werner possibly on the market

Bestietom

Manchester United ‘preparing offer’ to sign striker – First bid of €50m + bonuses suggested

As it was pretty certain they would be, claims about Manchester United interest in Moussa Dembele are back.

There’s been repeat stories regarding the Lyon player, going back to his time with Celtic, claiming interest from big Premier League clubs.
Whilst an awful lot of the claims seem pushed by the player’s camp, interest from sides such as Manchester United and Chelsea has been believable, even if exaggerated at times.
FootMercato, who have carried a lot of the previous claims, have a headline this afternoon saying Manchester United are ‘preparing an offer’ for the player.
Prior to the end of the summer transfer window, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made it clear he wanted another striker brought in, however, those above him at Old Trafford failed to get someone through the door.
Injury to Marcus Rashford has made the situation even more urgent, which has likely led to these claims.
United are said to have watched Dembele in action at the weekend against Nantes, and ‘should go on the offensive’.
FootMercato say they’ve been told ‘by some sources’ (likely the player’s representatives) that Manchester United want to make a first offer of €50m plus bonuses for the 23 year old.
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has said he doesn’t want to sell Dembele this month, but then he’s said similar about other players before they’ve left.

Roboc7

I think money will be made available for Sancho and we'll probably make a substantial amount from sales in the summer.
No chance he’s too expensive there isn’t the ambition or funds to do that deal, links to Sancho are nothing more than click bait. We talk like a big club but in reality we don’t have ambition, budget or competence to act like one.

They can’t raise substantial amounts other than selling Pogba. Even so add that to the budget and your probably talking about 150-170m or so gross for manager to spend.

It will cost money to offload Sanchez and because of wages it will be cut price fees for players we sell.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No chance he’s too expensive there isn’t the ambition or funds to do that deal, links to Sancho are nothing more than click bait. We talk like a big club but in reality we don’t have ambition, budget or competence to act like one.

They can’t raise substantial amounts other than selling Pogba. Even so add that to the budget and your probably talking about 150-170m or so gross for manager to spend.

It will cost money to offload Sanchez and because of wages it will be cut price fees for players we sell.
The club shelled out huge money for 16 year old players in the summer and it was reported by RMC in France that we offered a 15 year old Lyon player £10m as a signing on fee. Currently there's reliable outlets reporting we've offered £25m for a 16 year old player from Birmingham. The money is available but as i've previously said they're not gonna give it to Ole because I feel Pochettino is who they will give it to in the summer.

We broke the transfer record for a CB last summer and nearly did the same with AWB for £50m. The money to sign a English player with Sancho's potential will be made available in the summer imo.

Roboc7

The club shelled out huge money for 16 year old players in the summer and it was reported by RMC in France that we offered a 15 year old Lyon player £10m as a signing on fee. Currently there's reliable outlets reporting we've offered £25m for a 16 year old player from Birmingham. The money is available but as i've previously said they're not gonna give it to Ole because I feel Pochettino is who they will give it to in the summer.

We broke the transfer record for a CB last summer and nearly did the same with AWB for £50m. The money to sign a English player with Sancho's potential will be made available in the summer imo.
That’s not the kind of money to buy Sancho though and the Maguire signing was funded by selling Lukaku. Sancho would be over 100m plus, the there are all the other positions that need strengthening. We aren’t areal Madrid there isn’t going to be 250m spent on transfers in one window.

The money being spent on those youngsters is to try and save money further down the line, and there’s not even any guarantee we did offer that player from Lyon that kind of cash or are willing to pay up for Bellingham.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That’s not the kind of money to buy Sancho though and the Maguire signing was funded by selling Lukaku. Sancho would be over 100m plus, the there are all the other positions that need strengthening. We aren’t areal Madrid there isn’t going to be 250m spent on transfers in one window.

The money being spent on those youngsters is to try and save money further down the line, and there’s not even any guarantee we did offer that player from Lyon that kind of cash or are willing to pay up for Bellingham.
The Lukaku sale didn't fund the Maguire purchase. The Lukaku sale enabled us to get most of the money we paid to acquire him from Everton.

We don't need to go on a Real Madrid type spending spree to sign Sancho. Pogba will likely leave along with a few other players which will enable to us to have more than enough funds to sign Sancho and a few midfielders.

Signing those youngsters now would save money in the longrun which every competent football club attempts to do.

mu4c_20le

The Lukaku sale didn't fund the Maguire purchase. The Lukaku sale enabled us to get most of the money we paid to acquire him from Everton.
That's just another way of saying the Lukaku sale funded the Maguire purchase. We had a 'warchest' of about 80-100m which was reported several times before the summer, and spent it on James and AWB. We haggled with Leicester until the deadline until the Lukaku deal was confirmed.